Search This thread

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
My phone is having some issues booting. If I press the power button, some times it turns on and goes to the htc logo, other times it just vibrates and the screen stays black. anyone else have this happen?

currently on cm9.1.0

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
Does this happen on all ROMs?
Few more details please, what device, S-ON/S-OFF, Is the bootloader LOCKED / UNLOCKED / JuopunutBear / Revolutionary?

It just vibrates about every 15-20 secs and is very hard to start up. And when it does start up it usually locks up on the homescreen.

all roms. htc sensation 4g, s-off, juopunutBear, i did the htc dev unlock thing so i think the bootloader is unlocked. Not sure about the other details as i'm having trouble starting it up right now.

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
It just vibrates about every 15-20 secs and is very hard to start up. And when it does start up it usually locks up on the homescreen.

all roms. htc sensation 4g, s-off, juopunutBear, i did the htc dev unlock thing so i think the bootloader is unlocked. Not sure about the other details as i'm having trouble starting it up right now.

Seems like a hardware issue.
Try this: [FIX] Random reboots/shutdowns.
Do you also have problems getting to the bootloader? (Remove battery & reinsert. Press volume down + power)

Reactions: undercover

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
Seems like a hardware issue.
Try this: [FIX] Random reboots/shutdowns.
Do you also have problems getting to the bootloader? (Remove battery & reinsert. Press volume down + power)

I've tried the paper wedge thing already, no go. The thing is randomly it will actually boot up. Most of the time the screen stays black and vibrates about every 20 secs. Can't get to the bootloader at all, but I will try. If i'm able to get to the bootloader, what would you like me to do?

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
I've tried the paper wedge thing already, no go. The thing is randomly it will actually boot up. Most of the time the screen stays black and vibrates about every 20 secs. Can't get to the bootloader at all, but I will try. If i'm able to get to the bootloader, what would you like me to do?

Flashing an RUU is your only option to eliminate the possibility of software errors.
Firstly, I'd like to let you know that given the state of your phone, it's kinda dangerous to flash an RUU because the phone may switch off/ reboot in the middle of the process, which may cause it to hard brick. Also, by your descriptions, this seems like a hardware issue which an RUU will not solve & hence, chances of you recovering your phone from this problem by flashing an RUU are very little.
Download this RUU & run it without connecting your phone & follow the steps to extract the rom.zip using this guide.
Rename the rom.zip to PG58IMG.zip & put it on your SD Card using a card reader.
Get to the bootloader & update.

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
This time i left it vibrating and I went to bed, when I woke up and it was at the home screen. So I powered off and went to bootloader:

=Juopunut Bear=
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.27.1111
RADIO- 11.23.3504.07_M2
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012, 17:33:34

HBOOT

<Vol Up> to previous item
<Vol Down> to next item
<Power>

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

please let me know if this will change any of your instructions for the RUU update, or if it is even still required. Also i'm using clockwork instead of 4ext. should i be using 4ext? whats the difference?

Last edited:

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
This time i left it vibrating and I went to bed, when I woke up and it was at the home screen. So I powered off and went to bootloader:

=Juopunut Bear=
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S-OFF RL
HBOOT- 1.27.1111
RADIO- 11.23.3504.07_M2
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0131
eMMC-boot
Jan 13 2012, 17:33:34

HBOOT

<Vol Up> to previous item
<Vol Down> to next item
<Power>

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACTORY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

please let me know if this will change any of your instructions for the RUU update, or if it is even still required. Also i'm using clockwork instead of 4ext. should i be using 4ext? whats the difference?

Nope. Just do the RUU thingy (at your own risk). If the phone switches off midway & you're S-OFF, then there's no unbrick possible.

katitins

Sep 17, 2012
Doesn't turn on

I don't understand whats happend.My htc sensation do nothing. When i plug phone to charge up at first the led is blinking in red, then it's starts to glow red. After some time there no green light just from red it goes black (just turns off).

Power key do nothing...

sajjad khan

Sep 10, 2012
app data

is there any app to save our app data fr eg. all the highscores and all...........
also iphone has a tweak called IAP CRACKER which lets them buy stuff in any app for free fr eg. v cn buy as many coins as we want in temple run........is der nethn similar for android???

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
is there any app to save our app data fr eg. all the highscores and all...........

Yes. Titanium backup (requires root). There are no such apps that don't require root.

also iphone has a tweak called IAP CRACKER which lets them buy stuff in any app for free fr eg. v cn buy as many coins as we want in temple run........is der nethn similar for android???

NO!

6. Do not post warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit any member to promote or describe ways in which Warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community
Quoted from Forum & Marketplace Rules

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 AM ----------

I don't understand whats happend.My htc sensation do nothing. When i plug phone to charge up at first the led is blinking in red, then it's starts to glow red. After some time there no green light just from red it goes black (just turns off).

Power key do nothing...

Did this happen after you flashed something?
Try putting it for charging without SIM & SD card with only battery for 5-6 hours.
If that doesn't work, try charging it without the battery also for 5-6 hours.

ferhanmm

Oct 10, 2010
Flashing an RUU is your only option to eliminate the possibility of software errors.
Firstly, I'd like to let you know that given the state of your phone, it's kinda dangerous to flash an RUU because the phone may switch off/ reboot in the middle of the process, which may cause it to hard brick. Also, by your descriptions, this seems like a hardware issue which an RUU will not solve & hence, chances of you recovering your phone from this problem by flashing an RUU are very little.
Download this RUU & run it without connecting your phone & follow the steps to extract the rom.zip using this guide.
Rename the rom.zip to PG58IMG.zip & put it on your SD Card using a card reader.
Get to the bootloader & update.

Okay I was able to get it to update completely. Its back to stock now and was working pretty good. Then it froze at the unlock screen. Holding power did nothing, did a battery pull. Tried to power it on again and Its stuck in that vibrate loop. It should start up after like 10 minutes of vibrating on a black screen. Anything else I could try to fix this? What could be making it lock up?

Last edited:

chassy_8o9

Jun 4, 2012
Buy a few days ago a couple of ANKER batteries, with a travel charger. the problem is that I'm trying to give the recommended cycles to the battery but always falling 10%, the phone turns off and when I connect the charger just blinked orange LED light and not charging the battery or power on the device. So that the battery can take charge again I have to take it off from the phone and connect it right through the travel charger. This usually works this way? or these batteries are damaged? thanks in advance.

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Buy a few days ago a couple of ANKER batteries, with a travel charger. the problem is that I'm trying to give the recommended cycles to the battery but always falling 10%, the phone turns off and when I connect the charger just blinked orange LED light and not charging the battery or power on the device. So that the battery can take charge again I have to take it off from the phone and connect it right through the travel charger. This usually works this way? or these batteries are damaged? thanks in advance.

The battery is not being charged from phone?
Try to charge the battery from 50% via usb cable you got... During that time.. Install battery widget monitor and see what is the status of charging... It should be charging and current draw should be positive.. If not the cable is bad.. Also the app says the health of battery.. Do check it

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda premium

chassy_8o9

Jun 4, 2012
The battery is not being charged from phone?
Try to charge the battery from 50% via usb cable you got... During that time.. Install battery widget monitor and see what is the status of charging... It should be charging and current draw should be positive.. If not the cable is bad.. Also the app says the health of battery.. Do check it

The phone can charge the batt, can't charge it only when the power goes down under 10% and the phone just power off. When I connect it to the power source the orange light starts blink (the phone is off at this time) but no charge until I take the batt off from the phone and charge it with the travel charger and if I put the batt again into the phone, everything works perfect and the batt can be charged again with the phone. By the way I'm using that app. So this only happen when the phone goes off without charge in the batts.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Last edited:

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
The phone can charge the batt, can't charge it only when the power goes down under 10% and the phone just power off. When I connect it to the power source the orange light starts blink (the phone is off at this time) but no charge until I take the batt off from the phone and charge it with the travel charger and if I put the batt again into the phone, everything works perfect and the batt can be charged again with the phone. By the way I'm using that app. So this only happen when the phone goes off without charge in the batts.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

How much time did you left the phone charging over power chord after its power off.. Some times it Take couple of minutes for the phone to power on after the battery gets fully drained.

Reactions: chassy_8o9

kgs1992

May 8, 2012
Bangalore
Okay I was able to get it to update completely. Its back to stock now and was working pretty good. Then it froze at the unlock screen. Holding power did nothing, did a battery pull. Tried to power it on again and Its stuck in that vibrate loop. It should start up after like 10 minutes of vibrating on a black screen. Anything else I could try to fix this? What could be making it lock up?

This seems like a hardware issue.
Better send the phone to HTC.
Completely restore stock & change it to S-ON if your device is in warranty.

Reactions: ferhanmm

hitz99

Sep 26, 2012
pune
Hi I m using cm9 by saakindia its awesome n hav great battery life..
But it have some limitations so I hope u guyz help me..
1 there is no gaaps downloaded n installed but not working
2 we can't add account bcz there is always error n can't synchroniz d contacts bcz v unable to setup Google account
3 der is no option for radio n split FM not working
4 we unable to off vibrations during typing
5 vibration is too high

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts