SwiftKey 3 Beta Free Download!

508 posts
Thanks Meter: 395

By MamaSaidWhat?, Senior Member on 4th April 2012, 11:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th April 2012, 05:59 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
I started using this today and it's easily the most accurate keyboard I've ever used on a any smart phone ever. With any other keyboard after typing 2-3 words I would have to look up at what a typed for a second, to make sure nothing screwed up or a mistyped, then backspace and correct it. I've been using this all day and I just blow right through sentences as fast as I can think of the letter and the placement and as long as I am in the general area of the letter it predicts it easily.

Not only that, but you can choose landscape and portrait heights of the keyboard, and they have pre-installed themes (I hope this gets expanded, but the 6-7 themes they have are decent).

And this is only a beta? I'll easily pay for the final version when it's released.

6th April 2012, 06:10 AM |#12  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 784

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

And this is only a beta? I'll easily pay for the final version when it's released.

I'm pretty sure this will just be an update to the already available SwiftKey x I really hope it is

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
6th April 2012, 03:42 PM |#13  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 469

More
Why don't they add red? :(

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
6th April 2012, 04:28 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thanks a bunch
never used Swiftkey before but thanks to you, I will try it.

thanks!
7th April 2012, 03:43 PM |#15  
Flag Milford
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Is anyone else having feedback issues i.e. Audio and haptic feedback. Loving the keyboard just miss feedback.

Sent from my ICS'd HTC Rezound.
7th April 2012, 03:49 PM |#16  
Recognized Themer
Flag Rays Bay, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicnanners

Is anyone else having feedback issues i.e. Audio and haptic feedback. Loving the keyboard just miss feedback.

Audio, I'm not sure since I don't use it. Haptic feedback, though, just go into the settings for that keyboard and change it to the max haptic feedback. Test it to make sure it works, then scale it back down. Mine wasn't working until I did that.

EDIT: Just tried the audio feedback, too and did the same thing. Had to turn it up all the way first. It's under settings, language and keyboard, swiftkey settings, advanced, then audio and haptic feedback.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WasabiWa83 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WasabiWa83 Ad-Free
7th April 2012, 06:06 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 171

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasabiWa83

Audio, I'm not sure since I don't use it. Haptic feedback, though, just go into the settings for that keyboard and change it to the max haptic feedback. Test it to make sure it works, then scale it back down. Mine wasn't working until I did that.

EDIT: Just tried the audio feedback, too and did the same thing. Had to turn it up all the way first. It's under settings, language and keyboard, swiftkey settings, advanced, then audio and haptic feedback.

Thanks for the tip - not having haptic feedback was killing me
8th April 2012, 06:16 AM |#18  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 306

More
anyone else getting the swift key popup when using the keyboard? Not complaining, just wondering.

EDIT*
nevermind. wife is getting it too.

I just wish it would keep the keyboard up instead of hiding it again.
8th April 2012, 11:59 AM |#19  
Flag Milford
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I got audio to work when I unplugged my headphones but still have yet to get haptic to work however it is just a beta and I've been able to get by without the feedback it just feels weird.

*EDIT* I got haptic working finally :)
The Following User Says Thank You to magicnanners For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift magicnanners Ad-Free
9th April 2012, 01:29 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thank you for sharing this!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
15th April 2012, 03:54 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicnanners

I got audio to work when I unplugged my headphones but still have yet to get haptic to work however it is just a beta and I've been able to get by without the feedback it just feels weird.

*EDIT* I got haptic working finally :)

You have to change the Haptic Duration which is the selection right under where you check Haptic Feedback to enable it in the Advanced settings. The default setting for it is 10ms, which seemingly is too short of a duration for the phone to set or make. So set mine to 40ms and it feels like that's the sweet spot for the vibration and duration compared to any other keyboards default setting.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)