[Q] Who has a T-311 8" with phone and mms?

Search This thread

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Hello all... I have the Samsung T- 315, with phone and MMS.
when I click on the attachment for the text messaging, I do not get the option to 'record audio', as I do with my other galaxy phones.
Im asking those with the 311 model if you have the 'record audio' option?
thanks....
if so, id like to talk to you about getting a copy of the voice recorder apk.
thanks again.
all replies are welcomed and encouraged.

gkvidhu1979

Dec 19, 2013
chennai
I do have an SM-T311 and record audio option is available under MMS. How do I extract the apk file?

Sent from my SM-T311 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: jimmbomb

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
I do have an SM-T311 and record audio option is available under MMS. How do I extract the apk file?

Thank you, gkvidhu1979 for your respone and offer to help! I give thanks as well to your profile.
Here's how I would do it..
1) goto the Play Store / apps/ and find 'root browser' and install it..
(You DO NOT have to be rooted for it to work, and you can always un-install it later)
2) when installing 'root browser' it will ask you to d/l additional things, so.. go ahead and ok that too.
3) I would re-start the tab after the install..
4) after restart, tap on the Root Browser icon to start the app.
5) first screen, scroll down to the 'system' folder and tap
5) on top is the 'app' folder... tap that
6) next screen, scroll down till you find the 'audio?/sound?/voice? recorder (whatever it's called) apk.
7) long press on the apk and choose 'copy' from the pop up menu.
8) now at this point you'll have to paste it somewhere where you can access it when you attach to an email..
I'd put it in the "Download" folder in the sdcard folder of the first screen....
so after 'copying' the apk, tap the blue 'up' arrow near the bottom left a few times to go/back to the first screen of folders (Home)
Scroll down to /sdcard...then /Download (tap) then "Paste".. a copy of the apk should be pasted in your Download folder.

PS.. If right under the recorder .apk is the same name but an .odex file.....
I believe that I'll need that matching odex too..both..

whewwwww....
Now you can email that to me... or up-load it somewheres... and link it here.. or what is good..
it should be somewheres about 5 or so megs..
PM me when you've got it sorted.. and I'll Pm back with my email..ok?? Thanks again, gkvidhu1979

***Edit****
If any-1 can think of a better, easier, foolproof way of copying an APK, please chime in.
And your thoughts if this method will actually work out right.
thanks again

jh

Last edited:

gkvidhu1979

Dec 19, 2013
chennai
Hi! I actually meant to ask the location of the apk file. Used my ES file explorer to copy the apk. Please do let me know your email I'd so that I can send the file to you. The title of the file is sound recorder and it is just 128 KB in size.

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Hi! I actually meant to ask the location of the apk file. Used my ES file explorer to copy the apk. Please do let me know your email I'd so that I can send the file to you. The title of the file is sound recorder and it is just 128 KB in size.

I believe the sound recorder .ODEX is only 128 in size.
above it should be the actual .apk and it's nearly 5 somethings megs..
Ill pM you my emaill thanks...
please double check as all of my apk's also have a matching .odex files paired with them and the odex's are 128 kb...
thanks again

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis

PM sent!

well crap... my PM to you isnt showing up in the 'sent' box??? Im wondering if it got out to you

Last edited:

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis

than you... ill try it when I get home from work.

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Thank you, gkvidhu1979.
I got your email with the apk file..
But I cannot install the apk..
I keep getting a...
"There is a problem parsing the package"'''' message box pop up
or an "operation Failed" when copying and pasting with Root Explorer

Any help please??? thanks alot.....

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Thank you, gkvidhu1979.
I got your email with the apk file..
But I cannot install the apk..
I keep getting a...
"There is a problem parsing the package"'''' message box pop up
or an "operation Failed" when copying and pasting with Root Explorer

Any help please??? thanks alot.....

Bump.... anyone know how I can get this aplk installed on the T315??
Do I have to be rooted?? thanks...

jimmbomb

May 22, 2010
St Louis
Im bumping this thread because the 128 kb file apk that __gkvidhu1979________ sent me just wont install.
I believe that it is way to small to be a valid apk.
I need the voice/sound recorder apk from an 8" T-311 so I can install it on my 315.
my 315 didnt come with it and I have no option under the attachments for mms to record audio..
thanks to all who reply!

25agosto

Oct 6, 2012
Varese
I have an sm-t311 8", but i can't too record sound directly. I have to record by sound recorder in-android app, then paste the file audio as attachment. Sorry for the English but i am italian

Inviato dal mio SM-T311 utilizzando Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.