[i9001][BASEBAND] NO MORE ODIN! Flashing baseband in recovery

Search This thread

ktulu84

Jan 2, 2013
Pescara
DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage to your phone, i tested all these files personally before uploading them and I don't have problems, but just in case you cannot blame me for any damage, no one forces you to mod your phone, if you don't want to risk don't do it

I'm here to give you a good news (even if it may be a little late since there will not be new baseband for our device)... I have found the way to flash the baseband in recovery, so from this moment our phone can be completely modded using only recovery mode

First of all I have to say thank you to @alireza7991 and @broodplank1337 because they were the first one to think it could be possible in this way. I have to say thank you to @Rhonin86 for testing help (he has a spare i9001 :D) and to @adfree because he posted this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52944982&postcount=29

Here is a list of zip files containing basebands, I will update it from time to time

me and @Rhonin86 tested this, it works on all custom recoveries

Thanks to:
@alireza7991 and @broodplank1337 for the concept
@Rhonin86 for testing
@adfree for the partition layout and names

Last edited:

ktulu84

Jan 2, 2013
Pescara
I can't provide all the basebands for our phone because on sammomibile there are some rom not available, and they are really a lot :) so if you want to test a baseband available here, and then have the possibility to come back on the one you are using now and it is not available here this is all what you need.
  • The backup script take a backup of the current baseband and put it in /sdcard/amss.bak
  • The restore script flashes the file /sdcard/amss.bak on you baseband, so it restores the backup

WARNING
Dont play with amss.bak file and be sure it is in its place before restoring it

Last edited:

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
good Job brother ,
Yesterday I updated the version XXKPO , I have a lot looking on the net to flash the baseband via recovery, and I finished the update via Odin XD
I hope that can help others members who seek this solution
cordially

Excuse my bad english ;)

ktulu84

Jan 2, 2013
Pescara
good Job brother ,
Yesterday I updated the version XXKPO , I have a lot looking on the net to flash the baseband via recovery, and I finished the update via Odin XD
I hope that can help others members who seek this solution
cordially

Excuse my bad english ;)

Sad to know i arrived too late :( BTW with this method you can easily switch baseband and try them to chose which is better for you :D

Inviato dal mio GT-I9001 utilizzando Tapatalk

ecastel

Nov 2, 2009
Madrid
I'm here to give you a good news (even if it may be a little late since there will not be new baseband for our device)... I have found the way to flash the baseband in recovery, so from this moment our phone can be completely modded using only recovery mode

First of all I have to say thank you to @alireza7991 and @broodplank1337 because they were the first one to think it could be possible in this way. I have to say thank you to @Rhonin86 for testing help (he has a spare i9001 :D) and to @adfree because he posted this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52944982&postcount=29

Here is a list of zip files containing basebands, I will update it from time to time

me and @Rhonin86 tested this only on the last ADC TWRP 2.7.0.0, but should work on custom recoveries

Thanks to: @alireza7991 and @broodplank1337 for the concept @Rhonin86 for testing @adfree for the partition layout and name
Thank you for your work.
I guess XXKPO is the newest one (it's the baseband I'm using right now)

In your personal experience which one is best for signal specially GPS usage?

Regards,
Emilio

ktulu84

Jan 2, 2013
Pescara
Thank you for your work.
I guess XXKPO is the newest one (it's the baseband I'm using right now)

In your personal experience which one is best for signal specially GPS usage?

Regards,
Emilio

i used the two uploaded ones and i think they are quite the same, i stucked with bukp7 because is the last i tried and being quite the same as kpo i did not want to use odin to change it, now i will gather some basebands and make flashable zips, so who wants can try easily :)

esolks

Nov 16, 2008
casablanca
im using the KPO baseband , yesterday i flashed release 6 of the ADC's cyanogen team , i love it !!! fast & smooth with ZERO bugs, then i flashed the KPO baseband ...i dont know but i feel much more battery life ...due to the baseband or the new rom & kernet ???

Rom: AriesVE DevConnection Team CM 11.0 [ION+PMEM ADSP]
Kernel: K^Kernel 3.4.x OC/EXUV 366MB [ION+PMEM ADSP]
Recovery: Team Win Recovery Project v2.7.0
Baseband: XXKPO
Governor: smatassV2
I/O Scheduler: SIO
CPU Frequencies: 196 - 1665 MHz

smitharro

Jan 2, 2012
Blokker
Looks good! I'm now on KPM baseband (general Europe), because I'm from the Netherlands. Curious if the KPO baseband works in the Netherlands too!:laugh:
Edit: connection with provider established! Let's see what it's going to do over time!
Screenshot_2014-05-28-10-21-03.png

Last edited:

t5s

Dec 9, 2011
Cool! What's your experience, do you need to wipe caches after flashing the baseband?

t5s

Dec 9, 2011
no, baseband is a independent from os, it is in another partition, it talks with OS using RIL
Ok, because I had it once upon a time with a stock gingerbread rom that it had issues after flashing a new baseband via odin and it stabilized after wiping caches. But maybe it was coincidence.

XeLLaR*

Jun 25, 2012
DevConnection
Im using XXKPO for almost 2 years now, and never had any problems with it. The batterylife is great and i also have signal everywhere (provider: o² Germany)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk 2

Reactions: t5s

mellhen

Dec 17, 2012
[Edit] Problem solved. You can ignore the following post. The camera is working with the XXKPO baseband!

----------

hello guys,
i flashed XXKPO in recovery. Since then my camera (aosp & google) can't safe photos anymore. The pictures are taken but not saved. It worked with XXKPK before,

I am using CM11-20140808-UNOFFICIAL-dev_connection_team_arievse

Things i tried:
1. factory reset
2. download baseband zip a second time, flash the new file
3. installing CM rom image again

Non of these efforts made a change.
I was thinking about formatting the internal sd-card, but i haven't done this yet, because i have no difficulties to write on this partition.

Does anyone have an idea, what caused this strange behavior?

Last edited:

a4apple

Feb 23, 2013
Just wanted to know what will happen if I flash baseband/firware on custom rom? I mean from sammobile. Thanks

Top Liked Posts