[Q] New to rooting, possibly bricked my phone

Search This thread

michaelmcker

Jun 30, 2014
Hi,

I used the all-in-one tool kit to root my M8. I was following the steps involved and was successful. I tried to install the xposed framework and was told to flash a custom kernel. After doing so my phone will only boot into the fastboot menu, with the "tampered" warning at the top. I can get into the recovery through hboot. Is my phone ruined and if not how can I get this fixed?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am quite nervous that I ruined my phone. Any help would be much appreciated.

x714x

Sep 10, 2012
Phoenix
Just restore a back up through recovery or if you don't have one then sideload a rom with that toolkit you used.

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Hi,

I used the all-in-one tool kit to root my M8. I was following the steps involved and was successful. I tried to install the xposed framework and was told to flash a custom kernel. After doing so my phone will only boot into the fastboot menu, with the "tampered" warning at the top. I can get into the recovery through hboot. Is my phone ruined and if not how can I get this fixed?

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am quite nervous that I ruined my phone. Any help would be much appreciated.

what mod were you trying to install from xposed that required a custom kernel? I have it on mine and was never prompted for that!