Rooting non-standard Android

200 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By crzyruski, Senior Member on 28th September 2009, 01:31 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th November 2009, 12:09 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For SDK Windows 7 didn't like the driver at all. I am done with both options to try your command.

9th November 2009, 12:21 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by heirenton

For SDK Windows 7 didn't like the driver at all. I am done with both options to try your command.

The command was just to see what is contained in your update folder and list permissions in order to diagnose the problem.
I suspect the image file you have is corrupted through download... this is why I wanted you to run the command so we could compare files sizes and etc.
Recovery for Donut should be 2,615,296 bytes and called DSTL1_donut_recovery.img (don't forget to rename)

If you stay with 1.5, might I suggest the rooted package for greater flexibility: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=41

Quote:

The drivers have worked for me under XP 32 bit and XP 64 bit (with a little bit of persuasion)
9th November 2009, 12:49 PM |#103  

More
I tried to open img files with different tools. None of them worked. I think something is corrupting them while download. I tried it several times no luck.
9th November 2009, 01:05 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I tried to open img files with different tools. None of them worked. I think something is corrupting them while download. I tried it several times no luck.

I have uploaded the file all over again.
Please re-download and confirm the size is correct. Then proceed as before.

Although it is possible via Linux and Perl scripts, your intention is not to open the .img file, naturally you will fail to do so. The file is used to flash your recovery to a newer version - specifically one that will allow for 1.6 (donut).

Without root:
1. Rename to "recovery.img"
2. Mount SD card
3. Place in update folder of SD card
4. Unmount
5. Confirm the file is there with File Manager (app on your DSTL1)
6. Reboot DSTL1

With root (above should work too):
1. Mount SD card
2. Place file anywhere on SD card (remember location)
3. Unmount
4. ADB into Shell
5. Run command su (to gain root)
6. If this is your first time accessing root from ADB Shell the device will ask to Allow or Deny (i think you know what to choose)
7. Run command flash_image recovery /sdcard/DSTL1_donut_recovery.img (or whatever the correct path is)
8. Reboot DSTL1
9th November 2009, 01:58 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

you cannot mount the boot.img or recovery img directly, since it is not a proper image

please see this

http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.ph...ck_Boot_Images
9th November 2009, 04:50 PM |#106  

More
Thanks for all help. I have done every step and it worked like a charm. Nice job... But in the meantime i dont know how but i lost external sound. There is no ring tone or any other sound coming from phone. I can talk vibration works but sounds died. Do you have any idea about it?
9th November 2009, 10:11 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Thanks for all help. I have done every step and it worked like a charm. Nice job... But in the meantime i dont know how but i lost external sound. There is no ring tone or any other sound coming from phone. I can talk vibration works but sounds died. Do you have any idea about it?

I know that I have, on occasion, lost my ringtone settings and nothing would play on its own. In such a case I had to go in and choose a ringtone manually.

Please provide us with the steps you took, not everyone takes the same steps. For example, some omit the Google Patch.
It is possible for the Google Patch to be your issue as we have had problems with it in the past. Are you comfortable trying a factory reset from Recovery mode?
9th November 2009, 11:19 PM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzyruski

Anyone want to try developing for the DSTL1 / N21?

I'm interested in starting a team to port ROMs and improve performance and satisfaction for DSTL1 (N21).

Any interest?

I'm with you, but I'm still waiting for my N21.
Maybe this week the postman will ring...

sfabris
10th November 2009, 12:43 AM |#109  

More
I did all there steps. I have google patch in. I did a factory reset to be sure about any weird settings but still there is no sound. The problem is i have to identify its source. Because there is always a chance some hardware part got broken or something -although i haven't drop the phone for a while-. I wonder is there any application or other way to identify the main source of the problem either software or a stupid little cable inside the phone?
10th November 2009, 04:49 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

I did all there steps. I have google patch in. I did a factory reset to be sure about any weird settings but still there is no sound. The problem is i have to identify its source. Because there is always a chance some hardware part got broken or something -although i haven't drop the phone for a while-. I wonder is there any application or other way to identify the main source of the problem either software or a stupid little cable inside the phone?

have you tried installing the google patch with no factory reset?
11th November 2009, 07:52 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Recovery comes with board testing, it should run you through all the steps to allow you to identify if all hardware is working properly. I believe it is the last step that performs a microphone speaker loop - basically it will play whatever you speak into the microphone, kind of like a speaker phone. Try this and tell us what happens.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, dstl1, dual sim, n21, root, sciphone n21
Previous Thread Next Thread