Minor Annoyances about HTC and ATT!

Search This thread

rahtrip

Jun 24, 2013
Don't get me wrong I love my phone. But just had to quickly get this off my chest. Minor annoyances.

1. Only the international/developer version gets the HTC Silicone case for the M8 in box. Why not make that standard across all models? This is a beautiful case, my friend works for Verizon Wireless as an Engineer/IT and when we met up a couple of times around January-end to Feb I saw that he had this phone with him trying to test it in real life settings on their network. His case came with the phone in the box. I thought that the case fit well with the phone and the color scheme worked well also. I was praying and hoping that this was the case across US Carriers.

DSC_5302_575px.jpg

2. No free google drive space for US Carrier phones? Once again international/developer vs US Carrier bias. What gives HTC?

3. I'm fine with Carrier branding on the back, but why that Ugly crookedly placed Phone ID sticker on the back? I know you can take it off, but just include it in the box and leave it as an option to stick on it yourself or save it for warranty purposes.

4. I hope for once in the future Carrier IQ and Bloatware will be optional or taken out completely. This is where iOS and Apple excels in terms of regulating carrier bloatware on their phones. I know Carrier IQ will be on most phones and hard to track sometimes.

5. ATT please include the Sim card that comes with the phone in the shipped box and dont open my phone prior to shipping and put it in there for me. Now I know why the phone was scratched on the corners and by the Sim Door. SMH...

That is all, sorry had to vent. Lol...

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
Mine came out flawless from the box. My SIM wasn't installed either.....

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rahtrip

Z51

Nov 28, 2006
I broke the seals on the box myself. The jerks at best buy wanted to do it and I said NO lol. Mine mine mine

Reactions: rahtrip

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
Mine came out flawless from the box. My SIM wasn't installed either.....

My sim was also pre-installed when it came to me (Shipped direct from AT&T). No scratches/problems with my phone thought, I love it.

I also could care less about the case and Bloat etc... Easy enough to Root and install a ROM without it. Pretty used to this kind of thing by now, not worth fussing over.

Reactions: droidiac13 and Z51

CraigP17

Mar 8, 2006
PA
I do not really feel your pain on any these. i dont need a silicone case. my sim was preinstalled but no sign of my box being opened, it was sealed. i was under the impression it was part of HTC process in packaging that they has the att sim card in them already. carrier iq who cares. you can get the extra drive space no matter what phone you have. and the sticker on the back? seriously. thats not branding. its not meant to stay on.

faresrouabah

Aug 8, 2011
I hate att too

My phone came in perfect condition, but I bought a case for it which ended up scratching it. I would have loved to get this case with it, probably wouldn't be in the position I'm in. Bloatware will continue to be a problem, it's not going away.

AT&T Sucks.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

Contact HTC through their online chat support. They'll send you an activation email.

Wonders_Never_Cease

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 10, 2013
1. My developer version did not come with a case...so this I think is not accurate
2. Developer build didnt accept email address for free space either,Carriers make that decision,they opt out of the offer...
3. Its just the IMEI?Serial stickers, when there was removable batteries they were under the batteries,I understand point but they have to put them on the phones.
4. AT&T and carrieriq/bloatware,wellllll that probably wont happen anytime soon although Ive had discussions with htc higher ups about it and its not htc,its att that insists on putting it on the phones....lol
5. I have both developer and att branded, the att did indeed come with a sim included and was unopened...Guess its just where you get them maybe

Don't get me wrong I love my phone. But just had to quickly get this off my chest. Minor annoyances.

1. Only the international/developer version gets the HTC Silicone case for the M8 in box. Why not make that standard across all models? This is a beautiful case, my friend works for Verizon Wireless as an Engineer/IT and when we met up a couple of times around January-end to Feb I saw that he had this phone with him trying to test it in real life settings on their network. His case came with the phone in the box. I thought that the case fit well with the phone and the color scheme worked well also. I was praying and hoping that this was the case across US Carriers.

DSC_5302_575px.jpg

2. No free google drive space for US Carrier phones? Once again international/developer vs US Carrier bias. What gives HTC?

3. I'm fine with Carrier branding on the back, but why that Ugly crookedly placed Phone ID sticker on the back? I know you can take it off, but just include it in the box and leave it as an option to stick on it yourself or save it for warranty purposes.

4. I hope for once in the future Carrier IQ and Bloatware will be optional or taken out completely. This is where iOS and Apple excels in terms of regulating carrier bloatware on their phones. I know Carrier IQ will be on most phones and hard to track sometimes.

5. ATT please include the Sim card that comes with the phone in the shipped box and dont open my phone prior to shipping and put it in there for me. Now I know why the phone was scratched on the corners and by the Sim Door. SMH...

That is all, sorry had to vent. Lol...

Last edited:

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
i do have to say tho, the HTC headphones that came with the phone were complete JUNK! listened to them for a few minutes and threw them away..

slapdaddy

Apr 9, 2008
Louisiana
i didnt even have mine in long enough to notice the bass lol

i use my Phone with my Klipshe S4i's and my Jaybird Blue-buds, best earbuds IMO

How are those Jaybirds?? I tried a pair of Motorola S11s and they sound like total crap and as a result, I've written off Bluetooth headphones entirely lol. But I really need a good pair.

Blueoval24

Sep 26, 2009
Arizona
i do have to say tho, the HTC headphones that came with the phone were complete JUNK! listened to them for a few minutes and threw them away..

I completely agree, they are pretty terrible. Not sure if I had a bad batch but they were very distorted and crackling. Didn't even have them in more than 30 seconds bc I swapped them for the ones that came with my one x+.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Roefastford

Oct 18, 2011
I still have my beats that came with my htc rezound lol. They actually work great. Too bad htc sold off beats shares.

Reactions: Skizzy034

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
How are those Jaybirds?? I tried a pair of Motorola S11s and they sound like total crap and as a result, I've written off Bluetooth headphones entirely lol. But I really need a good pair.

i honestly really enjoy them. really great battery life, nice bass to them. overall i give them a 7 out of 10. they are not my daily headphones. i usually only use them if i go for a run or outside working somewhere

P05TMAN

Aug 15, 2011
Boulder, CO

I don't think they're absolute junk, but I have to agree, they are low quality. The ear buds that came with the M7 were pretty impressive, but I broke them. Now I'm using Beats Touring ear buds and love those, but they are pricey and I'm ever so protective of them, lol

Top Liked Posts