[Q] Hard reset after KK

Search This thread

w5cyc

Jan 18, 2011
So my battery life isn't great after the KK update, which I was expecting since I had the same problem on the M7 after update. I'm going to go ahead and do a hard reset I think to clear all the caches. That generally helps.

Here's my question. I spent the better part of a day a couple weeks ago loading media onto my 64GB sd card. The phone is in an otterbox case which is hard to open anyway, and the more you open it the weaker the tabs holding it shut become. So I'd rather not physically remove the card. Will the hard reset affect the SD card at all? Should I unmount the card through developer options before the reset? Would that make any difference?

Last edited:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
So my battery life isn't great after the KK update, which I was expecting since I had the same problem on the M7 after update. I'm going to go ahead and do a hard reset I think to clear all the caches. That generally helps.

Here's my question. I spent the better part of a day a couple weeks ago loading media onto my 64GB sd card. The phone is in an otterbox case which is hard to open anyway, and the more you open it the weaker the tabs holding it shut become. So I'd rather not physically remove the card. Will the hard reset affect the SD card at all? Should I unmount the card through developer options before the reset? Would that make any difference?

It should not clear your physical sd.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk