[SOLVED] after display replacement problem

Search This thread

bozz59

Apr 10, 2014
Hey,

i have a problem. after i replaced my LG G2 Display with a new one, it makes problems. when i start to turn on the display, the display turns after 2 seconds off. after 5-6 trys the display works normal. is it a software bug or have i to install the display software? (hard reset)? maybe someone can help me...?

edit: if i try to turn on the display it will switch off after a second. okay. but if i try to turn on the display and press after the power button the volume button up or down it works normaly and no shut down... crazy.. i hope it is only a software bug. and the knock knock feature dosnt work for me. i can lock it with double tap but not unlock it with double tap

Last edited:

Amel.Spahic

Feb 18, 2012
Zenica
Hey,

i have a problem. after i replaced my LG G2 Display with a new one, it makes problems. when i start to turn on the display, the display turns after 2 seconds off. after 5-6 trys the display works normal. is it a software bug or have i to install the display software? (hard reset)? maybe someone can help me...?

edit: if i try to turn on the display it will switch off after a second. okay. but if i try to turn on the display and press after the power button the volume button up or down it works normaly and no shut down... crazy.. i hope it is only a software bug. and the knock knock feature dosnt work for me. i can lock it with double tap but not unlock it with double tap

It could be associated with kernel. Which ROM and kernel do you have?

bozz59

Apr 10, 2014
It could be associated with kernel. Which ROM and kernel do you have?

thank you for your answer!

but the problem is another one! Its the proximity sensor!!
the adhesive glue/tape from the new display unit is the main problem. the upper part from the new display unit does not stick properly. so there is a little distance between the display and the frame. and that is the reason why the proximity sensor is not working correctly. and this is the reason why my LG G2 is makin me crazy.