[APP] Youtube v2.1.6 with Download Extension!!!

Search This thread

rolle3k

Feb 6, 2010
dein Vater
Same here. Strange thing is that yesterday it was working with no problem at all. :confused:

//edit: Got it. Problem is the filename. The App saves every video as ".mp4" (nothing else). The App is not capable of overwriting or appending another filename when a file with this name already exists. Please fix this.

Stupid me, I'll fix this and upload the fix 2morrow.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Any chance you could get this working on Froyo? Some people don't have the option of a gingerbread phone or rom because these things just don't exist for our carriers or phones.

Sent from my MIUI SCH-i500

HTung

Apr 22, 2008
Any chance you could get this working on Froyo? Some people don't have the option of a gingerbread phone or rom because these things just don't exist for our carriers or phones.

+1

If I run Gingerbread with my G-Tablet, I can not see video, so have to stick with Froyo.

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010

Now I'm on gingerbread. Will be glad to get this once you fix it.

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500

METHOD1911

Apr 5, 2008
What the hell. Where are the downloads stored. I've looked everywhere.

Hijacked aospCMod Darkhorse GB Hero

NEXUS 4G

Dec 12, 2010
No sage I mean where on your phone.

Hijacked aospCMod Darkhorse GB Hero

from what I've read the download folder on gb... For my epic it was sd card/download... But check the download app in your drawer...
Also you will probably have to amend the file name after each download since it saves as ".mp4"... I Don't run gb to test, sry, just wut I've gathered from reading the thread

to OP-great app idea if I was running my cm7 on here I would definitely get this.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
problem parsing package.
CM7- SGS Vibrant T959

for people with Problem parsing package...
you need to put it through USB
I tried downloading from phone- nope
Transfer using Awesome Drop- nope
Dropbox- nope
USB transfer - yeppppppp

Last edited:

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
This app is great, and i have a suggestion..
Most of the time i'm trying to download a Music Video... which is mostly owned by VEVO... and VEVO isn't on youtube, they only use their own app to show music... so you should try to get this same type of thing and make it work on VEVO.

FryWalker

Nov 21, 2007
www.skynetsoftware.com
For those looking for a similar solution for Froyo (or earlier Android versions) you might want to take a look at arcMedia. This is what I am using on my Desire 2.2 device (and it downloads from DailyMotion and Veoh too).

-Fry

rwells813

Mar 28, 2011
Dania Beach
problem parsing package.
CM7- SGS Vibrant T959

for people with Problem parsing package...
you need to put it through USB
I tried downloading from phone- nope
Transfer using Awesome Drop- nope
Dropbox- nope
USB transfer - yeppppppp

Yea I've got same issue, Do you know why it only goes through USb? I've mounted sd via usb and dropped it. Still no luck.

From SGS SGH-I897 with CM7 -Nightlies using XDA premium app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah, I've returned with a new YouTube Modification which enables the average user to download videos right off the youtube servers through the regular youtube app!

When watching a video just press the more button, a new list of menus pops up with a new button 'Download'

device8ql2.png

Once pressed you can see the progress of the download in the statusbar

device27rq9.png

It requires Gingerbread, no love to those who still run on Froyo. I'm sorry but if your stuck at Froyo or any older android version, perhaps you should consider a Nexus device (or a custom rom ;p!).

Download: http://ul.to/7yz54fcy
    Fixed the bug, Download: http://ul.to/7yz54fcy

I havn't had much time lately, mainly due to me moving to California because of my new job.
    Hmm not working here. Download starts then stops immediately. O2x cm7

Same here. Strange thing is that yesterday it was working with no problem at all. :confused:

//edit: Got it. Problem is the filename. The App saves every video as ".mp4" (nothing else). The App is not capable of overwriting or appending another filename when a file with this name already exists. Please fix this.
    Can we get an updated version?

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk