[Q] Fastboot issues

Search This thread

craoul

Jul 7, 2010
Timisoara
I am trying to flash a recovery trough fastboot phone is on .136 software. I "command not allowed" message. My bootloader is unlocked, if
I try to unlock it again it's saying that phone is allready rooted. I have no recovery installed. Anyone knows why I get this error?

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
I am trying to flash a recovery trough fastboot phone is on .136 software. I "command not allowed" message. My bootloader is unlocked, if
I try to unlock it again it's saying that phone is allready rooted. I have no recovery installed. Anyone knows why I get this error?

Because you do not do it that way on xperia phones.

Look for dual recovery in the OEM cross development thread for xperia devices and install that

Or flash a kernel with recovery like the dualrecovery one or DooMKerneL

craoul

Jul 7, 2010
Timisoara

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 334
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 339

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
You have not unlocked your bootloader yet

Please goto http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and do that first

Alternatively,

Use flashtool (flashtool.net) to flash a FTF file (FTF mega collection thread) that ends in .534 (You will probably lose IMEi but don't worry)
Then install dual recovery using the installer, not the kernel (XZDR dual recovery thread, OEM cross device development for xperias) then flash SuperSU (From chainfire) then flash a prerooted rom of your choice (Development or original development sections)

craoul

Jul 7, 2010
Timisoara
You have not unlocked your bootloader yet

Please goto http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and do that first

Alternatively,

Use flashtool (flashtool.net) to flash a FTF file (FTF mega collection thread) that ends in .534 (You will probably lose IMEi but don't worry)
Then install dual recovery using the installer, not the kernel (XZDR dual recovery thread, OEM cross device development for xperias) then flash SuperSU (From chainfire) then flash a prerooted rom of your choice (Development or original development sections)

That's my problem. Even if I try to unlock it's telling me that it cannot do it because the phone is already rooted.

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
That's my problem. Even if I try to unlock it's telling me that it cannot do it because the phone is already rooted.

Hmm, I see.

Did you backup your TA partition? If so restore that and try to unlock again.

Otherwise, force a repair of your phones software via PCCompanion and then try again.

Let me know what it says

EDIT

Also try unistalling all your ADB stuff and reinstalling the from the link I sent you

craoul

Jul 7, 2010
Timisoara
Hmm, I see.

Did you backup your TA partition? If so restore that and try to unlock again.

Otherwise, force a repair of your phones software via PCCompanion and then try again.

Let me know what it says

EDIT

Also try unistalling all your ADB stuff and reinstalling the from the link I sent you

How do I force repair? Because it's telling me to upgrade to the latest software. I am on .136

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @[NUT] yes he did, he was the content of the PM I sent you

It's how I got here in the first place :good:

@craoul

first of all, boot your phone and connect it to usb. Then run adb devices in a CMD window. Note down the serial, you will need it.

Okay, in the flashtool folder, check if

[FLASHTOOL FOLDER]/custom/mydevices/[DEVICE SERIAL]/ulcode.txt

exists.

If not, create the folders along the way there and then use notepad or something very lightweight to create the ulcode.txt. Put in the code, be sure to enter the code without the 0x, so just the code as it came from Sony. Save the file and start FlashTool.

Now the BLU button should offer to unlock again, but there is a difference: it will now use the serial and code to wipe the lock using the FT relock/unlock method. Without that file in place it will use the fastboot method.

@craoul

first of all, boot your phone and connect it to usb. Then run adb devices in a CMD window. Note down the serial, you will need it.

exists.

If not, create the folders along the way there and then use notepad or something very lightweight to create the ulcode.txt. Put in the code, be sure to enter the code without the 0x, so just the code as it came from Sony. Save the file and start FlashTool.

Now the BLU button should offer to unlock again, but there is a difference: it will now use the serial and code to wipe the lock using the FT relock/unlock method. Without that file in place it will use the fastboot method.

hey thanks for this info!

I will talk to @Androxyde and try to fix it at FlashTool level!

regards,

DooMLoRD
    Now force the repair.

Goto software update and click on the blue repair my phone link when you see it say the phone is upto date

edit

did you reinstall the adb?

OK, reinstall adb from the link I gave you

What OS are you running it from?

@craoul

exists.

Hi,
    I wanted to knownwhats the difference between relocking bootloader with TA restore ans Flashtool..

In flashtool we dun even use the TA backup we did, which infact contains DRM keys:)