Ways for Accessing SD CARD DATA Without ROOTING .(In Warranty

Search This thread

bonczas

Jul 8, 2010
Warsaw
Redmi K20 Pro
Sadly, it's impossible without root. I suppose that qeezar's phone was pre-rooted or something because nobody else confirmed that he managed to successfully rewrite build.prop without root. Let's just hope that in Android L Google's privacy policy will change and we will be able to use our SD cards like before.

smartzac

Aug 22, 2011
I am with rooted 816x phone but also unable to save the file. I am using ES Explorer, "Error occoured when trying to save the file. It will not be saved."

sonnu

May 29, 2014
Have to use sd fix app from play store ..

Sent from my HTC Desire 816 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

jasonyu007

Aug 13, 2010
Tried with both solid explorer beta 1.2.2 and es explorer also! Gives no root error to save file!

Guess you have root access by default! Any one had good luck on this?

Hi !! I use solid explorer beta 1.2.2 access deny too . If anyone could post the exact file for accessing SD .

varunit

Aug 14, 2012
So, for users who didn't root till now,
1.Stock File Browser (Polaris ofice app - file browser) -> to work with Folders
2.Settings -> Storage -> Make free space for deletion of files

Is there any workaround to copy/move files?

Adams555

Nov 29, 2014
Ways of Accessing SD CARD Data Without Rooting.(in warranty)Due to Google's Android kitkat restrictions desire 816 users can't modify sd card data . There are some ways like sd fix , modifying platform.xml files etc but all these requires rooting of ur phone , which obviously void ur warranty .

This topic is discussing ways to edit sd card data without rooting so that users who are not opting for root also ACCESS SD CARD DATA .

FIRST ::
1. For FOLDERS Only :-- use the FILE MANAGER which is in Polaris office app . It can only DELETE, COPY ,RENAME the docs file or any FOLDER (Not All Files).

2. Use " SOLID EXPLORER " App from Google play store . Itcan copy any file from ur internal memory to sd card (external memory). . Though renaming and deleting is not available now ..

If u know any more ways to access data , let us know . .

Hit Th@nks If Ï deserve It .
Full access External SD card on Kitkat WITHOUT ROOT

Last edited:

seekfind

Nov 17, 2014
Tehran
you can use the official HTC file manager too. it is taken from One M8 which is compatible with 816 and works fine. just install the apk.
(I've got it from somewhere on XDA and I can't remember where, so the credit goes to its respective OP)

Attachments

• File_Manager_com.htc.filemanager_148001324.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 250

Sivasr

Oct 10, 2014
Another way .. ( for deleting files ) thanks to DRIODTON for his idea..

3. Go to SETTING - STORAGE - (SD CARD) - Make More Space - and delete the file u want ..In GALLERY u Will find all pics and videos & in MISCELLANEOUS u can delete any file with FOLDER tickets option .

Sent from my HTC desire 816.

Also, Fila Manager app from Cheetah mobiles (earlier it was from Rhytham Softwares) can able to delete the all files from external sd card. Meanwhile Inbuilt Polaris app can do delete the folders..only folder start with "." cannot be deleted as of now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ways of Accessing SD CARD Data Without Rooting.(in warranty)Due to Google's Android kitkat restrictions desire 816 users can't modify sd card data . There are some ways like sd fix , modifying platform.xml files etc but all these requires rooting of ur phone , which obviously void ur warranty .

This topic is discussing ways to edit sd card data without rooting so that users who are not opting for root also ACCESS SD CARD DATA .

FIRST ::
    1. For FOLDERS Only :-- use the FILE MANAGER which is in Polaris office app . It can only DELETE, COPY ,RENAME the docs file or any FOLDER (Not All Files).

2. Use " SOLID EXPLORER " App from Google play store . Itcan copy any file from ur internal memory to sd card (external memory). . Though renaming and deleting is not available now ..

If u know any more ways to access data , let us know . .

Another way .. ( for deleting files ) thanks to DRIODTON for his idea..

3. Go to SETTING - STORAGE - (SD CARD) - Make More Space - and delete the file u want ..In GALLERY u Will find all pics and videos & in MISCELLANEOUS u can delete any file with FOLDER tickets option .

solution without rooting htc 816

Hello,
    This method can be used to any kit kat device. (it doesn't void warranty)
    use solid explorer beta file manager for this method(it can edit root folder without rooting device) use particular this version
    1. navigate to /system/etc/permissions
    2. Edit platform.xml and find the WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
    3. Add an additional group definition for this permission: <group gid=”media_rw” />
    4. Save the changes to the file.
    5. Restart the phone.
    jpg.jpg

if any problem please contact qeezarbetgeri16@gmail.com