Search This thread
A

Adreno306™

UPDATED THREAD

Hey, guys. So here it is:
ROOT + TWRP
Smart Ultra 7 ONLY !

NEW TWRP VERSION: 3.1-0

This nethod will break OTA, so for update you must use SUGAR.

1) Download TWRP and SPFT from my PAGE and place it on desktop.

2) Download these files and put them on your SD CARD: SuperSU_1 and SuperSU_2

3) Turn off your phone and run SP FLASH TOOL.

3) When the SP FLASH TOOL starts, select MT6755 scatter file and MTK_AllinOne_DA.bin file (they are in SPFT folder)

4) Select ONLY recovery and load the TWRP_3.X.X file. (X.X means a version of TWRP)

5) Press download.

6) Connect your powered off phone to PC via USB cable.

7) After flashing the TWRP, hold VOLUME UP + POWER to boot into TWRP.

8) In TWRP press "INSTALL" and flash the boot patch - SUPERSU_1 and then flash root - SUPERSU_2.

9) Reboot and enjoy.

Last edited:

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
KingRoot Fidelity

Is it safe to root with KingRoot? Have been trying to figure out the best way root this phone for two weeks now, and trying to avoid KingRoot all this time.
Can you replace the KingRoot Binaries and Root Management Tools with the SuperSU ones?
Will Xposed Framework work on this phone? Really want AdAway, Greenify and Xposed Tweaks on the Vodafone Smart Ultra 7.

Thanks! :)

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thanks for the reply,
I still feel skeptical about KingRoot, and there are reports that indicate that replacing KingRoot with SuperSU isn't that easy either, KingRoot seems to completely deny root once altered or removed, which makes it look even more shady, I really want root on this phone, there are tweaks I would love to do such as dpi change, remove the vodafone label on the statusbar and more, but I don't know if I'm willing to use KingRoot in the process. I'm used to SuperSU and Xposed Framework working flawlessly, so I'm really 'scared' on this one.

Thanks

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
Root. After enabling USB debugging and unknown sources, I click "try to root" and then get the "Failed to root" screen

I guess we'll have to wait for further development on the phone, I won't put my phone trough KingRoot, and you even reported that it isn't working for you... oh well.
Really wanted root on this phone, lets hope someone actually picks it up just as they did with the previous model (Smart Prime 6 / Smart Ultra 6).

4TheBesT

Oct 20, 2013
İt did not work for me too ı hope a way can be found for rooting otherwise i desperately regret to bought this phone

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
İt did not work for me too ı hope a way can be found for rooting otherwise i desperately regret to bought this phone

Don't give up just yet, I do understand your desperation, as I feel almost the same as you, but you'll see someone will find a way, at least I hope... :)
This phone its awesome for its price point, and would be absolutely marvelous with all the tweaks and adjustments root brings to the table.
Who knows, maybe we'll have a full developed phone (custom ROMs, root, recovery, all of that good stuff), we can only wish someone works on it... :highfive:

Reactions: madneo082

4TheBesT

Oct 20, 2013
Don't give up just yet, I do understand your desperation, as I feel almost the same as you, but you'll see someone will find a way, at least I hope... :)
This phone its awesome for its price point, and would be absolutely marvelous with all the tweaks and adjustments root brings to the table.
Who knows, maybe we'll have a full developed phone (custom ROMs, root, recovery, all of that good stuff), we can only wish someone works on it... :highfive:

I think same as you think mate. But ım afraid how much ppl will choose this phone this year if it will be less than we have to be afraid but i hope more ppl buy this and may some devoloper help us for rooting and more importantly create a stock rom for make sure when we deal with phone ( rooting rom kernel etc)

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
I think same as you think mate. But ım afraid how much ppl will choose this phone this year if it will be less than we have to be afraid but i hope more ppl buy this and may some devoloper help us for rooting and more importantly create a stock rom for make sure when we deal with phone ( rooting rom kernel etc)

Let's see mate, let's see... ;)
I surely hope everything goes our way!

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
Guys!
I'm sorry, I gave you the wrong link..

This one is working for our VFD 700:
http://king.myapp.com/myapp/kdown/i...-svn372160-201609012210b_protected_signed.apk

once again, sorry.

Hey mate, just tried with the link you provided, unfortunately no success.
Been trying since yesterday to root with KingRoot, using different versions even.

Any ideas? USB Debugging in turned on and Unknown Sources as well (obviously).

Really really really want root on this phone.

Thanks!

Custom Recovery, Woop Woop :highfive:

A

Adreno306™

That's strange that it's not working for you..
Many people say that it's not working for them, others say that it's working..

Where the problem could be?
I got my phone rooted after the second attempt, because I forgot to turn on USB debugging.

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
That's strange that it's not working for you..
Many people say that it's not working for them, others say that it's working..

Where the problem could be?
I got my phone rooted after the second attempt, because I forgot to turn on USB debugging.

Everything matches the about phone screen you've sent,
I don't really know what can be different or wrong, but I've done everything right, I even used USB debugging to change my phone's DPI trough Android SDK...
I'm really confused, should I keep trying?

Attachments

• 14203591_1510871032271639_743350583_o.jpeg
    14203591_1510871032271639_743350583_o.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 398
A

Adreno306™

Everything matches the about phone screen you've sent,
I don't really know what can be different or wrong, but I've done everything right, I even used USB debugging to change my phone's DPI trough Android SDK...
I'm really confused, should I keep trying?

Umm, did you update your phone?
Because my custom build version is 120FKN1 and I even didn't update it.

skullbo

Aug 31, 2016
OnePlus 7T Pro
Umm, did you update your phone?
Because my custom build version is 120FKN1 and I even didn't update it.

I didn't, the phone came as it is out of the box, no software updates were made...
I guess we've found the issue, if the software versions don't match, that means everyone with yours (120FKN1) can root with KingRoot, and everyone with mine (060FFN1) can't...

I've got an issue in my hands I see...

Top Liked Posts