FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] *TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking tool for Google Earth/GM Now avail for Android

2,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 129

Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2011, 04:53 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr63

Hi,

first many thanks for the android version.

And now my problem, I'am using my own server on port 8080. I've entered the URL Header h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:8080 and got only an error 401, but didn't find any entries in my log. After a while of searching, I found the entrys on my 2. server running on port 80.

Regards Martin

Not sure if I understand the problem. As far as I know port 8080 is an alternate of port 80. What happens if you access the server like h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:80?

11th November 2011, 04:59 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppeJuputti

Likewise. This Android version is working like a charm. Thanks LEM!

Thanks!!

Quote:

Would it be possible to run trackme as a service? For my Desire Z it seems somehow to shutdown sometimes when I'm using some other programs when using TM (eg. Foursquare). So I could be sure that it will be run on background when using some other progs. I'm not using any software that would kill processes.

Did this happen while your were tracking? When you start tracking a service is created so it should never (well, almost never) be destroyed. I have tested this a lot. If you are not tracking, it can be destroyed but you don't really lose anything. I did it this way to save as much memory as possible.
Please let me know because I really want this to work fine. I spent a long time on this part and I want it right!

Quote:

And how about some features that WM -version had? Eg. when turning with some degrees it would push current location right away to the server (and send also angle parameter to the database).

The angle parameter will be probably added for the next version. Also the force update. Uploading only when turning I think it will take a little bit longer because it took me a while to do for WM and I want the basic functionality first.

Thanks a lot for your feedback! Please keep it on!
11th November 2011, 07:20 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _LEM_

Did this happen while your were tracking? When you start tracking a service is created so it should never (well, almost never) be destroyed. I have tested this a lot. If you are not tracking, it can be destroyed but you don't really lose anything. I did it this way to save as much memory as possible.
Please let me know because I really want this to work fine. I spent a long time on this part and I want it right!

That's true. When tracking was on trackme was in service mode and after "stopping" tracking it went into background -mode. I'll make some field testing with trace log enabled and try to verify that issue. It's quite possible that I have messed up somehow with this. If I find some issues I will keep you posted.
11th November 2011, 11:07 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

That's true. When tracking was on trackme was in service mode and after "stopping" tracking it went into background -mode. I'll make some field testing with trace log enabled and try to verify that issue. It's quite possible that I have messed up somehow with this. If I find some issues I will keep you posted.

Sounds good. Thanks
12th November 2011, 02:09 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice, will try out
The Following User Says Thank You to I9100G For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift I9100G Ad-Free
12th November 2011, 11:04 AM |#26  
Flag Bonn
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

Not sure if I understand the problem. As far as I know port 8080 is an alternate of port 80. What happens if you access the server like h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:80?

It seems the port in the url is ignored. I can put there any number and trackme connects everytime to h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:80

Regards Martin
12th November 2011, 02:43 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It seems the port in the url is ignored. I can put there any number and trackme connects everytime to h**p://xx.xx.xx.xx:80

Regards Martin

I see. There I cannot really help you. I don't have too much experience configuring web servers. Hopefully somebody from the forum can give you more information. Sorry about that.
12th November 2011, 02:45 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
hey guys... help TrackMe to be more popular! If you like it (well, if you don't too ) rate it in the marketplace and add a small review! Thanks a lot!
12th November 2011, 05:28 PM |#29  
Flag Bonn
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

I see. There I cannot really help you. I don't have too much experience configuring web servers. Hopefully somebody from the forum can give you more information. Sorry about that.

Hi,

the Server is working fine with the Windows mobile version (WM6.5). This isue is only with the version for Android. The port in the url completly ignored.

You can test it enter http://luisespinosa.com:8080/trackme in the Header field and your data will be uploaded normaly to your server on port 80.

Regards Martin

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemassykoi

I just want to use my own web server, but when I'm going on Google to get my Maps API, Google tells me :

[B]Note: The Google Maps Javascript API Version 2 has been officially deprecated as of May 19, 2010. Version 3 does not require an API key. The V2 API will continue to work as per our deprecation policy, but we encourage you to migrate your code to version 3 of the Maps Javascript API.

does someone is familiar with that ?

Hi lemassykoi,

you can require your API key and use this server without problems. You can also try my server, wich uses openstreetmaps. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=267

Regards Martin
The Following User Says Thank You to martinr63 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift martinr63 Ad-Free
12th November 2011, 07:29 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi,

the Server is working fine with the Windows mobile version (WM6.5). This isue is only with the version for Android. The port in the url completly ignored.

You can test it enter http://luisespinosa.com:8080/trackme in the Header field and your data will be uploaded normaly to your server on port 80.

oh I know what you mean now. I will take a look at my code.
The Following User Says Thank You to _LEM_ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _LEM_ Ad-Free
12th November 2011, 08:26 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

hey guys... help TrackMe to be more popular! If you like it (well, if you don't too ) rate it in the marketplace and add a small review! Thanks a lot!

Market review: An excellent app. Can't wait for it to have the same features as the original WM version but already worth 5 stars.
The Following User Says Thank You to xda-kungfu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xda-kungfu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)