Jaxbot's Stand-Alone WP7 Lock Screen for the HD2

Search This thread

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
Hello!

As part of my Windows Phone 7 theme for the HD2, I have released the lockscreen of the upcoming version as a stand-alone app.
This application will run on any WVGA device.

wp7lockscreen.png

This app smoothly slides down over the currently displayed screen, and then you can "peek" at what's under it. To unlock, start at the bottom of the screen and slide up. This can be pinned to your homescreen, or set as a button.

It's a first-release, but I want to make sure all the kinks are out of it before including it in my Windows Phone 7 theme (release TBD).

Instructions
Download, copy, and install to your device.
Run it!

Changing the wallpaper
You can change the background of the lockscreen by placing a file on the root of your device and naming it lockscreen_image.jpg ("\\lockscreen_image.jpg"). The file must be in WVGA resolution and JPG format.

Any questions, comments, or trouble, let me know :)

Enjoy!
Download:
Update Jan 2012: This project hasn't been touched in years, but if you still want it, this download link should work:
http://windowsphonehacker.com/files/wp7lockscreen_v1.cab

Last edited:
Reactions: ai6908

antoniomistretta

Aug 18, 2008
La Spezia, Alessandria
Hello!

As part of my Windows Phone 7 theme for the HD2, I have released the lockscreen of the upcoming version as a stand-alone app.

This app smoothly slides down over the currently displayed screen, and then you can "peek" at what's under it. To unlock, start at the bottom of the screen and slide up. This can be pinned to your homescreen, or set as a button.

It's a first-release, but I want to make sure all the kinks are out of it before including it in my Windows Phone 7 theme (release TBD).
Enjoy!

Excellent project!

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
not working on my hd2 :S

when you press the end button it goes black...when you wake it up it just wakes up without a lock screen.

and yes i did restart the phone and try uninstall and reinstall

also after un-stalling the cab your original lock screen doesn't come back up

The application does not replace the Windows Mobile lock screen. It is simply meant to be used as an application to mimic the Windows Phone 7 lock screen. You should, however, be able to run the application, and then press the end key. Once waking up the device, the app should be ready to unlock.

evolutionqy7

May 10, 2010
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Note 10
If anyone knows how to integrate it, let me know.

This application does not change any Windows Mobile settings, are you sure you didn't modify anything yourself?

nop...after installing it didnt ask anything so i thought i would reboot as i thought it was a lockscreen...so as soon as sense loaded i locked it...pressed unlock and it gave me the homescreen with unlock saying at the bottom instead where the phone button is...pressed it and it stayed...

without a lockscreen now :S

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
nop...after installing it didnt ask anything so i thought i would reboot as i thought it was a lockscreen...so as soon as sense loaded i locked it...pressed unlock and it gave me the homescreen with unlock saying at the bottom instead where the phone button is...pressed it and it stayed...

without a lockscreen now :S

Not sure, I'd mess with the Windows Mobile settings and try to get it back, but this application does not touch any settings, so I assume something else is the cause.

theickleone

Apr 6, 2009
London
Nice work, looks great!

Looking forward to seeing your WP7 theme :D will this lockscreen be intergrated to the theme that you are making? ;)

Prinzvalium

Jun 25, 2009
It works also on the Touch HD. But i got some problems with it.

1. It isn't easy to unlock. I mean it simply doesn't work very well (Maybe it should be enough to slide it 60% or 70% up and not 90% ^^)
2. When i try to unlock. The background looks a bit incorrect.

But all in all - just brilliant. Its very fluid and its very responive.
Is it possible to use it as lockscreen (when screen shuts down) or do i have to start it manual through a shortcut?

Last edited:

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com

Jaxbot

Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
It works also on the Touch HD. But i got some problems with it.

1. It isn't easy to unlock. I mean it simply doesn't work very well (Maybe it should be enough to slide it 60% or 70% up and not 90% ^^)
2. When i try to unlock. The background looks a bit incorrect.

But all in all - just brilliant. Its very fluid and its very responive.
Is it possible to use it as lockscreen (when screen shuts down) or do i have to start it manual through a shortcut?

1. It was designed for the HD2, so a non-capacitive screen may offer more resistance. Try starting at the VERY BOTTOM of the device, and if that's still too hard, I'll mess with the settings.

2. It's a screenshot, so sometimes the device may compress the image a little bit.

3. Unfortunately, you'll need to start it with a shortcut. Or you can map it to the Send key on your device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

wp7lockscreen.png

Instructions
    Download, copy, and install to your device.
    Run it!

Changing the wallpaper
    You can change the background of the lockscreen by placing a file on the root of your device and naming it lockscreen_image.jpg ("\\lockscreen_image.jpg"). The file must be in WVGA resolution and JPG format.

Any questions, comments, or trouble, let me know :)

Enjoy!
    Download:
    Update Jan 2012: This project hasn't been touched in years, but if you still want it, this download link should work:
    http://windowsphonehacker.com/files/wp7lockscreen_v1.cab