PSFreedom on Rhodium Android?

Search This thread

hawker180

Oct 28, 2009
No go for me either, backed up GT5 Prelude and it showed up in the backup manager but then selecting it returns to the main screen and only shows the disk loaded game.

Also when selecting */app_home/ps3_game/ i get an 80028f14 error.

Do you guys get the same?

Im getting the same as this. Have tried 3 of my games now with no luck. Any suggestions???

wow61923

Aug 7, 2009
im havin issues wen eva i connect my my tp2 to ps3 all its says in unknow usb device and
this is wat i get on the screen on the phone
su
#cd sdcard
#cd andboot
#insmod psfreedom.ko thats
thats all how do i know if im done and then if i out insmod psfreedom.ko and hit enter it says insmod: cant insert "psfreedom.ko" : file exists

link1227

Jul 16, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
im havin issues wen eva i connect my my tp2 to ps3 all its says in unknow usb device and
this is wat i get on the screen on the phone
su
#cd sdcard
#cd andboot
#insmod psfreedom.ko thats
thats all how do i know if im done and then if i out insmod psfreedom.ko and hit enter it says insmod: cant insert "psfreedom.ko" : file exists

" insmod: cant insert "psfreedom.ko" : file exists"

Means it worked, just hook it up to the ps3 and power cycle

loader187

Oct 14, 2008
hopefully someone can help me out here. i can install the backup manager and i can backup games and see games i have copied over to my ps3. when i go to load them it goes to a black screen then the load icon shows up in the top right corner and then it goes back to xmb, no game shows up.

I have a game in my ps3 and i am using the psfreedom.ko with the dev_bdvd.

wow61923

Aug 7, 2009
hopefully someone can help me out here. i can install the backup manager and i can backup games and see games i have copied over to my ps3. when i go to load them it goes to a black screen then the load icon shows up in the top right corner and then it goes back to xmb, no game shows up.

http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/5411.html use this one still do same stepp just use this one

wow61923

Aug 7, 2009
thanks i finally figured out wat i did i had both files in there stupid mistake i should always double check okay

Last edited:

kingpin32

Jan 18, 2010
Jacksonville
every time I boot the PS3 it tells me it detected an unknown usb device. don't know what im doing wrong. I power one and press eject right away after i hit the power button. someone please help.

wow61923

Aug 7, 2009
every time I boot the PS3 it tells me it detected an unknown usb device. don't know what im doing wrong. I power one and press eject right away after i hit the power button. someone please help.

i had the same issue for a while make sure the files are right because i had two of the same file in the andboot folder named modules-2.6.27.46-01162-g741ab49.tar

loader187

Oct 14, 2008
http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/5411.html use this one still do same stepp just use this one

I have already used that one. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my phone. i tried it again and nothing. can anybody tell me if they get any errors when booting into android that say "cant read insmod lib/modules/*****"

Im wondering if this is my problem. it tries to load the dirty version of the modules file.

are you supposed to run haret from the explorer in activesync or from the phone?

Am I supposed to have just one module file and overwrite the zimage with the ones from the zip? please see my screenshot below and tell me if this is normal.

I have restored my ps3 and also changed roms and tried different sd cards and reformatted.

http://yfrog.com/5zphonerj

Touch pro 2 Verizon with vindows rom and blazin 2.2 android. Fat32

I have the right psfreedom.ko file as well.

4218kris

Feb 22, 2009
Springfield MO
I have already used that one. I am wondering if there is something wrong with my phone. i tried it again and nothing. can anybody tell me if they get any errors when booting into android that say "cant read insmod lib/modules/*****"

Im wondering if this is my problem. it tries to load the dirty version of the modules file.

are you supposed to run haret from the explorer in activesync or from the phone?

Am I supposed to have just one module file and overwrite the zimage with the ones from the zip? please see my screenshot below and tell me if this is normal.

I have restored my ps3 and also changed roms and tried different sd cards and reformatted.

run haret from phone to boot into android, and yes overwrite the zimage thats why they give you one made to use with psfreedom... im not entirely sure you even have to connect the phone to pc and active sync it. i connected it to my cablebox then ran haret and it worked. i always resart my phone and select from dualboot menu to boot android , activsync never connect to my phone according to my pc and it works every time in a couple tries. if you see it connecting device in the ps3 screen it didnt work it need to connect the devices before the ps3 boot to trigger the ps3 into debug mode to run backup manager and other unsigned code. if you see it trying to connect devices though in the ps3 screen its trying to work just your timming is off.

Last edited:

4218kris

Feb 22, 2009
Springfield MO

try not deleting the -dirty it should work, there is alot of info here that isnt correct with all downloads. my .ko file uses the module file that does not delete the -dirty out of the file

hawker180

Oct 28, 2009

(link) use this one still do same stepp just use this one

Mine does exactly the same, i have tried the above line but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

ThomasN89

Oct 23, 2009
Mine does exactly the same, i have tried the above line but still no luck. Any suggestions?

Same problem here, using TP2 Xdandroid 2.2 with the files of the moddingway post, activesync connection run haret.exe, installed backup manager, but backup's wont load, still showing the blu-ray game in the drive. What am i doing wrong??

hawker180

Oct 28, 2009
^^i fixed mine, used the other set of files from here:
http infront
rapidshare.com/files/418057243/psfreedom_bdvd.rar

hawker180

Oct 28, 2009
Just paste those three files from the rapidshare link to the andboot folder on the sdcard:
h(fix this up with a tt)p://rapidshare.com/files/418057243/psfreedom_bdvd.rar

rename the tar file
before: modules-2.6.27.46-01162-g741ab49-dirty.tar.gz
after rename: modules-2.6.27.46-01162-g741ab49.tar.gz

follow the steps:
1) from wm6 hook upto pc and do a active sync
2) then whilst the USB is connected to the phone, boot Hariet (from explorer and browse to the andboot directory)
3) wait for android to completly boot
4) once android at the home screen, unplug USB from PC
5) go to the all programs menu and Development tools and run the terminal
6) from the terminal run these commands (without quotes) "su", "cd sdcard", cd "andboot" and then "insmod psfreedom.ko"
7) power off PS$ at back, plug in USB from Phone into left hand port at front, flick power switch on at back, then Power and eject quickly.

It doesnt always work, Sometimes i get it first go, sometimes it takes 8 go's. Then put the backupmanager.pgk onto a seperate USB HDD and you can install it from the PS3 menu.

good luck

4218kris

Feb 22, 2009
Springfield MO
Just paste those three files from the rapidshare link to the andboot folder on the sdcard:
h(fix this up with a tt)p://rapidshare.com/files/418057243/psfreedom_bdvd.rar

rename the tar file
before: modules-2.6.27.46-01162-g741ab49-dirty.tar.gz
after rename: modules-2.6.27.46-01162-g741ab49.tar.gz

follow the steps:
1) from wm6 hook upto pc and do a active sync
2) then whilst the USB is connected to the phone, boot Hariet (from explorer and browse to the andboot directory)
3) wait for android to completly boot
4) once android at the home screen, unplug USB from PC
5) go to the all programs menu and Development tools and run the terminal
6) from the terminal run these commands (without quotes) "su", "cd sdcard", cd "andboot" and then "insmod psfreedom.ko"
7) power off PS$ at back, plug in USB from Phone into left hand port at front, flick power switch on at back, then Power and eject quickly.

It doesnt always work, Sometimes i get it first go, sometimes it takes 8 go's. Then put the backupmanager.pgk onto a seperate USB HDD and you can install it from the PS3 menu.

good luck

are these newer updated files??