Votes: 12 12.9%
  • No GAPPS

Votes: 27 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

dtom2444

Sep 19, 2008
Can anyone tell me if this ROM is for the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant 4G phone? Just want to make sure I install the correct ROM and do not lose 4G on my phone.

Thanks.

heat361

Dec 27, 2011
New York City
Is the kernel used a 3.0 kernel or is it it a 2.6 kernel I would like to know. If it is a 3.0 kernel can someone help the developers over on the samsung galaxy player forums thanks

cashmundy

Mar 9, 2010

c-pimp

Jun 24, 2006
Oswego
Everyone wants pdroid and just don't know it yet , let's skip the poll and just ask sixstring or makelegs really nicely to try it for us hehe :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

Last edited:

trailblazerz11

Apr 4, 2011
Portland, OR
github.com
What type of bugs do i see with cm9? Should i switch from passion?

New to the vibrant. my brother raved about this phone, so i figured i would try it out :]

Thanks in advance

Passion still on 4.0.3, 4.0.4 noticeable speed boost for me.
Theres CM9 nightlies for vibrant now, I also like aokp right now until cm9 catches up with customziations.
Go to threads for bugs.

TimelesslyPrecise

Oct 13, 2010
SouthWest Florida
Passion still on 4.0.3, 4.0.4 noticeable speed boost for me.
Theres CM9 nightlies for vibrant now, I also like aokp right now until cm9 catches up with customziations.
Go to threads for bugs.

Alrighty, thanks.
I'd probably rather just flash a nightly then dig through the old posts :)
Passion won't show me battery percentage, or turn of booty animation :/

Now that I've figured That a gb bootloader is different than just flashing cm7, I'm able to flash cm9..

Thanks for the info

FaultException

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012
Alrighty, thanks.
I'd probably rather just flash a nightly then dig through the old posts :)
Passion won't show me battery percentage, or turn of booty animation :/

Now that I've figured That a gb bootloader is different than just flashing cm7, I'm able to flash cm9..

Thanks for the info

What happened when you tried to flash CM9 without a GB bootloader? I'm running right now without one I think, as I still get into recovery by holding both volume keys and power.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

TimelesslyPrecise

Oct 13, 2010
SouthWest Florida
What happened when you tried to flash CM9 without a GB bootloader? I'm running right now without one I think, as I still get into recovery by holding both volume keys and power.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

Well, i thought it was kernel related, but actually it was that i had to flash the ROM twice.. strange to see the ROM shut the device down so swiftly inn the middle of a flash... Lol

I'm beginning to grasp Howe things are done with this device..
Very.. Very, strangely.
Looking back, i don't think the gb bootloader even matters. :p
But it is nice to have

Probably makes things more stable. Idk

Well, off to test out cm9.

Passion runs great, but there are still a few bugs here and there.
might as well see how cm9 treats me :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

TimelesslyPrecise

Oct 13, 2010
SouthWest Florida
Wait, i thought this was the vm9 thread?

What is a Kang?

Wt.. Sometimes i think we have too many roms..
Not enough rom developers conjoining their efforts to make ONE bad ass rom... Oh well
Off to test this one out now too.. :p

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FaultException has now posted an official Vibrant CM9 thread. This thread will now be a thread for kangs that have cherry-picks added on top. I will contact a moderator to move it to the general section now as well. The first one is compiling now, and the OP is under construction.

http://goo-inside.me/devs/glitch/CM9_Kangs/Vibrant
    Newest build:
    http://goo.gl/VycqY

Changed:
    GPS Works!
    SU Works!
    Everything important works!
    Am I missing an update log from 14? What's different?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App
    Any idea when OP will be updated to include list of changes with 14?

So here's how this works: I do not own a Vibrant. I have a friend that does, so i maintain this for him and a few other guys. I am helping maintain and test kernels for four devices, I have work, and I have school, so i am quite limited on time. I do not make money from this ROM, in fact I lose money due to bandwidth costs. The more people bug me about it, the more likely I am to stop maintaining this ROM, or just stop posting it on XDA. The OP will get updated, I figured people would rather have a new build and no OP than the other way around. I also link to the i9000 OP in my OP, you can find the info yourself.
    Once device trees and such are pushed, how many would be interested in nightlies? As of now, build 14 only has 53 downloads. At that point, it probably wouldn't be worth the bandwidth costs to upload nightlies, but we'll see.

Edit: I'll also have to look and see at the end of the month how much bandwidth I'm using. I might have enough to be fine without paying extra, we'll see.
    New fixed build coming in a couple hours.