Dual Boot with HTC Sensation XL

Search This thread

spydermahn

Dec 11, 2011
call me a little bit realistic, but hardly seems worth any dev working on this when we only really have 3 different based roms ICS + sense/ ICS built on htc framework and Stock GB based roms....

Takes 2 mins to flash a rom......

ali magdy

Aug 21, 2011
cairo
you can make backups of two roms , and anytime you want to boot to the other rom you can restore it's backup back. ;-)

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dual is not for booting different android builds but for booting different os on same phone. This is not a hd2 capable of running multiple os at same time. No need for dual boot for purely android builds flashed to nand partition. If we had an sdcard slot could boot android off nand or sdcard via dual boot. Can't flash 2 different android builds to one nand partition

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

shingers5

when we can install 2 roms and choose which one we want to boot,f.e. you use your daily rom and can test a new a new rom at the same time on the same device

How can dual boot enable that? U can't flash 2 roms to one nand partition dude so nothing to dual boot.

How can dual boot enable that? U can't flash 2 roms to one nand partition dude so nothing to dual boot.

I'm not very good in explaining in english :)
I just ment that i can choose when the phone boots which rom I want to boot. Does we have to partitions one nand and one for user data? can't we the partition for user data partitionate?

shingers5

2 os on the same device wouldnt affect the processor?

Mate it isn't about the processor. As I said we have no sdcard on xl so its rather pointless. You cannot dual.boot 2 roms off same nand partition as you for one will corrupt it and as its only so big you will find it hard to fit both on. It's a bad idea to even consider it. Like I said on hd2 which runs multiple os its possible as wp7 and android and wm6.5 and linux etc all off one phone. On desire hd one on nand and one on sdcard. We have no such luxury of an sdcard. Running multiple os on one nand partition is dangerous. You would have to partition the nand and hope to get both on and need dual boot manager etc. Dangerous on this phone and unwise

Loushi

Oct 16, 2011
Mate it isn't about the processor. As I said we have no sdcard on xl so its rather pointless. You cannot dual.boot 2 roms off same nand partition as you for one will corrupt it and as its only so big you will find it hard to fit both on. It's a bad idea to even consider it. Like I said on hd2 which runs multiple os its possible as wp7 and android and wm6.5 and linux etc all off one phone. On desire hd one on nand and one on sdcard. We have no such luxury of an sdcard. Running multiple os on one nand partition is dangerous. You would have to partition the nand and hope to get both on and need dual boot manager etc. Dangerous on this phone and unwise

yeah i know, im just asking about the processor of the DHD

shingers5

yeah i know, im just asking about the processor of the DHD

Well its 1ghz single core chip. It has a sdcard slot which makes so much difference. HTC one x also has no sdcard. In essence you could use internal sdcard but if any data corruption your phone is ****ed. Sdcards can be replaced remember lol

Loushi

Oct 16, 2011
Well its 1ghz single core chip. It has a sdcard slot which makes so much difference. HTC one x also has no sdcard. In essence you could use internal sdcard but if any data corruption your phone is ****ed. Sdcards can be replaced remember lol

anyway as spidermahn said, it takes 2 mins to flash a backup to another rom
not that big deal! lol

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester

There are ways around it, but like you said it's not worth it IMO. just for the record, one way around it would be to load 2nd OS directly into memory. obviously it would need to be a fairly small build like AOSP.

fshami

Oct 14, 2010
Dubai
Boot Manager

Guys, i read the first post only & not sure if some one else has already pointed it out.

We can have multiple ROMs installed on our XL via Boot Manager..

I was using this wonderful app on my Desire HD & recently made it work for Sensation XL along with the Boot Manager team ofcourse..

You wont find our device listed there BUT it is working for sure...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you Boot back go the phone Rom? By me it say he cannot write boot.img

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation XL whis BA mit Tapatalk

Yes, i can boot into any of the installed roms. Gimme some time n i'll explain the procedure

With which app?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk

When in recovery with CWM go to back and restore and back up :)

It will backup your current ROM as it is. You should do this as common practice before installing new ROMs.
    doesnt work and now phone wont boot. ran program followed all settings and even watched tutorial video. it did all steps but after install rom wasnt detected on rom1 partition. so i tried a reboot and its stuck at white htc logo. factory reset in recovery made no difference. so now having to reinstall from scratch and hope sdcard isnt corrupted.
    doesnt work and now phone wont boot. ran program followed all settings and even watched tutorial video. it did all steps but after install rom wasnt detected on rom1 partition. so i tried a reboot and its stuck at white htc logo. factory reset in recovery made no difference. so now having to reinstall from scratch and hope sdcard isnt corrupted.

Goto recovery, select install zip from sdcard then browse to bootmanager folder n then phonerom folder. Flash the zip file inside it & ur nand rom will boot

Nope it doesn't work. It installs the rom1 but doesn't show it in preview for rom1 to select it. When I try reboot it sticks on HTC logo no boot

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Hmm, why this method work with fshami and not working with shingers5?
    and have anyone else tried it ?