[ROM][4.1.2] AOKP JB Milestone 1 [ALPHA3][1/5/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

reznorfan0

Dec 3, 2010
All over this once it comes out of alpha, I am very happy with Jellybomb performance, the themeing is just too heavy handed for me.

mackentosh

Jun 30, 2010
Orlando FL.
Sorry if this has been asked but I can't access mass storage it doesn't connect to my computer. I went in setting storage menu but mass storage doesn't show

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

t3project

Jun 14, 2010
Im still trying to figure out how/if people can mount their phone to the computer? I have Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP) under Storage / USB computer connection. The computer tries to install drivers on both modes, but fails on both. Have have been moving files to the sd card using adb, but its kind of a pain. Any input would be appreciated.

same problem here. i believe it should be listed as a bug because i dont know many people that have got it to work without a lot of trouble. im like you and have just been pushing files via adb. even if you enable mass storage mode it still doesnt work properly. it lists 2 separate drives on my pc but when you click to open then it says "insert media' which is odd in itself.

shiftr182

Oct 5, 2010
Boise
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I decompiled the settings.apk and swapped the USB .smali's, it gave me the mass storage option, but fc'd when I would select it. Its something within the settings.apk

Viva La Ant

Aug 9, 2012
No Service

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?? IM ON TWRP ND I FLASHED AOKP ROM, NOW MY PHONE SERVICE AND DATA DOESNT WORK.. I WIPED EVERYTHING ND WENT TO OLDER BACK UPS BUT MY SERVICE STILL DOESNT WORK... PLZZZ HELP!!! I JUST UNROOTEd AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK!!

neudof

Nov 24, 2008
Mayer, MN
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?? IM ON TWRP ND I FLASHED AOKP ROM, NOW MY PHONE SERVICE AND DATA DOESNT WORK.. I WIPED EVERYTHING ND WENT TO OLDER BACK UPS BUT MY SERVICE STILL DOESNT WORK... PLZZZ HELP!!! I JUST UNROOTEd AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK!!

Are you getting the chameleon and hands free activation errors?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Guys I dont mind answering any PM's but if its related to the roms I support, please just post your question in the related thread. That way everyone else using the rom can try and help you.

If you experience a "dead" radio after flashing this all of a sudden where data and calls are broken, what you need to do is open up a terminal on your phone or ADB and do the following commands
Code:
If on phone terminal:
1. su
2. rm -r /sdcard/Android
3. reboot

If on computer using ADB:
1. adb shell
2. su
3. rm -r /sdcard/Android
4. reboot

The same thing happened to sbrissen and myself earlier and thats what he told me he did to fix it. Even that didnt work for me so this is what I ended up having to do:

1. nandroid/flash back to touchwiz (I actually odined back to LJ1 but just flashing back should work also)
2. go to settings > mobile network settings
3. [SIZE="2"]Somehow my prefered network mode got switched to GSM/UTMS. Switch it back to LTE/CDMA/EVDO, reboot and everything should be back to normal[/SIZE]
4. Now you can flash back to PA alpha 2. Hasnt happened to me since.
Do this

jroglass

Apr 22, 2011
Has anyone tried to use this ROM with a 64 GB micro sdcard? Every time I flash this and boot up my sdcard comes up as corrupted even when I restore back to my previous ROM. I format it and works fine with other ROMs until I flash this.

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Has anyone tried to use this ROM with a 64 GB micro sdcard? Every time I flash this and boot up my sdcard comes up as corrupted even when I restore back to my previous ROM. I format it and works fine with other ROMs until I flash this.

By other ROMs do you mean they are touchwiz? Anyways you need to format it to fat32. AOSP roms dont play nice with exfat. Move your stuff off it, format, move it back. Ta daaa :)

Reactions: jroglass

jroglass

Apr 22, 2011
By other ROMs do you mean they are touchwiz? Anyways you need to format it to fat32. AOSP roms dont play nice with exfat. Move your stuff off it, format, move it back. Ta daaa :)

Thanks, that explains it. I'm definitely running touchwiz.

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
Any computer usb connection fix?

Dont think so
Sweet. Dirty flash ok? Wipe cache & dalvik only?

Should be fine

Edit: forgot to say, cherry picked a few commits adding s pen gestures and option letting you choose where to save pics (external or internal). They dont work perfectly (keep in mind they werent merged for a reason) but do work overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carbajal3009

drbill1967

Nov 25, 2010
Go into mobile network settings and switch ruim/Sim to nv.

I am just an old fashioned country doctor Jim.

pathtologos

Mar 9, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Dont think so

Should be fine

Edit: forgot to say, cherry picked a few commits adding s pen gestures and option letting you choose where to save pics (external or internal). They dont work perfectly (keep in mind they werent merged for a reason) but do work overall.

Just a quick (possibly irrelevant) reminder: this update still did not fix the issue with final fantasy dimensions. The game is great and it really sux that it doesn't work on this rom.

I still thank you though for bringing us another GREAT rom.

Patch7

May 30, 2011
Des Plaines, IL
I love this ROM! The only issue I have is the extremely slow charge. I am plugged into the wall and to do a full charge takes 7 hours. I don't have this problem with any other ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Carbajal3009

Jan 8, 2012
Westminster
I love this ROM! The only issue I have is the extremely slow charge. I am plugged into the wall and to do a full charge takes 7 hours. I don't have this problem with any other ROM.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

....really? I'm using this ROM right now as well and battery life or charging is fine. Like any other ROM. What was your install method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM IS BASED ON AN ALPHA CM10 BUILD BY SBRISSEN. PLEASE MONITOR ITS THREAD FOR POSSIBLE BUGS AND PROBLEMS!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047667

aokptitleblue-1.png

installation-1.png

If coming from a different rom, follow all steps. If only upgrading, skip wiping data unless told to do so:
    • Make a Nandroid
    • Wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • Wipe cache/dalvik-cache
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot

downloads-4.png

contribute-1.png

THANKS AND CREDITS TO:
    - AOKP team
    - CyanogenMod team
    - Teamhacksung crew
    - sbrissen for his device tree, vendor files and kernel

Developers spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage them, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to Roman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx
    Donate to sbrissen

Donate to CyanogenMod

Donate to Teamhacksung

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to them on #TeamKang Channel!

source-2.png

Best way to help out or contact me is via PM here or on IRC

Click that Thanks button if you appreciate me building this rom for you guys :D
    changelog-2.png

• Whats not working in Alpha 3?
    • Anything not working in sbrissens alpha 3 CM build
    • Camera and Torch apps are a bit iffy at first but work fine after some use
    • You tell me!

What bugs can I expect?
    • Any bugs in sbrissens Alpha 3 CM build
    • You tell me!

What else?
    • You tell me!

Video review and how to install courtesy of owenbeals! Check out his channel here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_77Fie24xXA&list=UU1J4DKcJXENzC-FkyMU6dow&index=2
    Alpha 3 is up guys. Big thanks to sbrissen for updating his source!
    Nice, you've been doing A lot man. Very much appreciated!
    Nah this stuff is easy. Sbrissen is doing the real hard work so go thank him :)
    Hey guys, got a quick question for you all. I have a build compiled with a few extra goodies. I cherry picked a few commits for AOKPs gerrit that bring spen gestures. They are a bit buggy though. Some actions work, some dont. I also cherry picked a commit that adds a setting to the Camera app where you can choose where pics save to (internal or external), although you cant see external pics taken in the camera app by swiping to the left. Just leave camera and check Gallery. Should I release build as Alpha 2.1?