[APP] Revolver Parts (Official Thread) | DEAD :(

Search This thread

gnufabio

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Hi guys, since the combo of Revolver Rom and Revolver Parts had a great success here, I decided to start up this thread.

This thread is intended mainly for:
  1. Report bugs
  2. Ask for help
  3. Features suggestion

Notice that this app will work only if you are using the Revolver ROM!

But let's start with some screens*:

device20111102210736.png

device20111102210825.png

device20111102210848.png

device20111102210935.png

device20111102210952.png

device20111102211007.png

device20111102211030.png

device20111102211058.png

device20111102211129.png

device20111102211146.png

Features:
  • OTA updates
  • Plugins download client
  • Lot of settings for system
  • Organization of the downloaded files in folders
  • A rich help tab

Licensing:
Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
More details on the license:

Changelog and links in the second post.

(*) Revolver Parts is under development. The look and the features may be different from the picture

Last edited:

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Changelogs:
Version 4.1.1:
  • Fixed bugs with autoupdate
Version 4.1.0:
  • Localized in new languages (Italian, Greek, French, and more)
Version 4.0.0:
  • Now compatible with Revolver 4 (starting from RC2)
  • Bugfixes and speed improvements
  • Removed the direct flash option.
  • Added support to localization. Please help to translate to your language: http://crowdin.net/project/revolver-rom/
Version 3.5.1:
  • Fixed bugs of version 3.5
  • Direct flash is now optional (but actived by default, you can remove it from Settings)
Version 3.5:
  • Now you when you press the "flash" button, it reboots to recovery and automatically flash it (it may works only with CWM5 - by Solanz or the one by Roach)
  • Now the apps downloads the plugins and updates also with a mobile connection (you can disable it from the settings menu)
Version 3.4:
  • Re designed following the Honeycomb apps guidelines:
    → Settings in the options menu.
    → Info in the options menu.
    → Exit button in the options menu.
    → Options menu in the ActionBar.
Version 3.3.5:
  • Fixed airplane toggle enabler/disabler in the Statusbar tab.
  • Improved the statusbar option toggles.
Version 3.3.4:
  • Added the hostname edit option.
Version 3.3.3:
  • Fixed the issue with the ads-filter toggle, finally!
Version 3.3.1:
  • Fixed the issue with the ads-filter toggle
Version 3.3:
  • Changed the order of the options in the System tab.
  • Now you can enable and disable the ads filter from Revolver Parts.
Version 3.2.4:
  • Adjustment in the tab "Other"
Version 3.2.3:
  • Fixed the bug with Browser Debug option.
Version 3.2.2:
  • Fix the problem with screen rotation.
  • Updated info tab.
  • Improved code.
Version 3.2.1:
  • Fixed bugs with Organize option
  • Fixed bugs with the statusbar option
Version 3.2:
  • Improved download component: now it's faster.
  • Now you can organize the downloaded files in folders (System → Revolver parts settings)

Downloads:
Retired from the play store.
Download LAST version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36182081/RevolverParts.apk
Requirements:
To use Revolver Parts you need:
  • A Revolver Rom, obviously
  • Root permissions
  • A wifi connection for OTAs and plugins
  • A MicroSD card for OTAs and plugins

Last edited:

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
The defragmentation on boot remove void spaces in the databases in /data/, thus they size is reduced, but the boot time will increase.

Can be inserted a sort of live chat (IRC) that can allow to ppl that using Revolver Part to comunicate in real time for problems or other? This client could be started only by user's needs (i remember that for example Jdownloader have a plugin inside that allow to enter in a dedicated chat room for speech to Devs or other users). :)

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Can be inserted a sort of live chat (IRC) that can allow to ppl that using Revolver Part to comunicate in real time for problems or other? This client could be started only by user's needs (i remember that for example Jdownloader have a plugin inside that allow to enter in a dedicated chat room for speech to Devs or other users). :)

That's exaggerated for a simple simple App like Revolver Parts, there's already xda for asking for help and for reporting bugs :p

Reactions: JITucker

devilpera64

Dec 7, 2008
Monfumo (NGI Service)
That's exaggerated for a simple simple App like Revolver Parts, there's already xda for asking for help and for reporting bugs :p

lol but also StarTrek Technology was exaggerated years ago ^^ i suggest to insert a plug that allow Revolver's user to communicate to each other in a sub-community reserved for Revolver ROM :) in this case ppl that have simple problem can ask on chat without re-write same things in the main topic on XDA :)

plasmastrike

Aug 16, 2008
North ogden
dystopiancode.com
directories for downloads for a mod be in /ClockWorkMod/mod/file.zip , them- /ClockWorkMod/theme/file.zip
also these should be configurable and delete the all zips on sd or a selective one in the clockworkmod folder

for apps
a market selection, honeycomb market, or stock...
screen calibration

Jamesyboy

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago, IL
Being able to download the full flash able rom within the app would be nice. Along with downloading updates, I always make sure I have a full version on hand in case something goes wrong.

But because of the "download failed" bug, downloading the flash able full from is all but impossible from my tablet.

Reactions: henel321

overhaze

Sep 1, 2010
If the Galaxy Tab 10.1 ebook reader gets ported over and added to other you will officially be the best person ever gnufabio :D

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Feature Request:

While Its easy to do in CM thanks to the CM tools, I have had to manually change the device name!

Ill be asking this of roach for his Prime rom (come on, I love jumping from release to release checking out the hot-spots before returning :D ) "Prime Tweaks" as well!

What I currently have to do:
$ su
# getprop net.hostname Android_A100001B6A55CA
# setprop net.hostname RevolverPoweredTF101

In terminal, maybe you could add this somewhere in Revolver parts so I can easily change it from there instead of terminal or some other 3rd party software :D

Last edited:

telsk

Aug 16, 2011
Haarlem
market crashes

my market keeps crashin after i open my apps
[edit] fixed by unistalling markte v3.1.5 and installing v3.3.11

Last edited:

alien_jiggy

Mar 20, 2006
i have revolver parts installed but why is my sub-category empty, like for example when i click Mods - their is nothing listed, is that normal? pictures show that their is number of items....

gnufabio

Oct 25, 2010
Milan
Thanks to anyone for their suggestions, I will keep them present :p

Feature Request:

While Its easy to do in CM thanks to the CM tools, I have had to manually change the device name!

Ill be asking this of roach for his Prime rom (come on, I love jumping from release to release checking out the hot-spots before returning :D ) "Prime Tweaks" as well!

What I currently have to do:
$ su
# getprop net.hostname Android_A100001B6A55CA
# setprop net.hostname RevolverPoweredTF101

In terminal, maybe you could add this somewhere in Revolver parts so I can easily change it from there instead of terminal or some other 3rd party software :D

What is that string for?

If the Galaxy Tab 10.1 ebook reader gets ported over and added to other you will officially be the best person ever gnufabio :D
Will try :)

i have revolver parts installed but why is my sub-category empty, like for example when i click Mods - their is nothing listed, is that normal? pictures show that their is number of items....
Of course it's normal, if you didn't download them

my market keeps crashin after i open my apps
[edit] fixed by unistalling markte v3.1.5 and installing v3.3.11
This thread is about Revolver Parts, not about the problems with unofficial markets

Reactions: overhaze

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
What is that string for?

That string is exactly what it says its for :D the HOSTNAME... thought that was a given :p

But seriously however, the hostname is the name the device presents to other devices on a network! IE If I go to the network area on my WinBlows PC it shows me the PC's on my network and the names associated with them, IE I see Desktop, Craptop, NetCrap, DorimanxPoweredHD2 and RevolverPoweredTF101

You can also see the hostnames (easier IMHO) if you go to your routers status or lan status page (I use DD-WRT so I see it on the SYS-INFO page), IE I see HOSTNAME : IP : MAC : LEASE TIME

The hostname is a commonly used identifier for devices on a network making them human identifiable (and with 5 Android devices in this household, seeing Android_435knl324hn5l324hnln5l32 a few times with just a different following string each time is annoying as piss... hell you could even make a default host name for when people flash your ROM and only the most picky (*me+some others) would notice... or want to change it to something else :D

Needless to say, if you decided to come up with a default HostName to use on your ROM's Id support it 100%, BUT make sure you have the option in Revolver Parts to rename it to something else incase someone has more then one or is anal (me) about naming schemes!

Thanks again!

boos93

Jul 11, 2011
Catania
Maybe would be nice a sub-category under Themes called "Battery Skins", or something like that, where to put different skins for the awesome battery-with-percentage mod.
Another new feature that you could add is a simple way to let users share their mods to the community, maybe after a compatibility check etc...
Last but non least you could add a "tips & tricks" section with some usefuls mods, like "change screen resolution" "font size" or as said before to set a custom Hostname and other cool stuff....

Thanks for your great work Gnufabio!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, since the combo of Revolver Rom and Revolver Parts had a great success here, I decided to start up this thread.

This thread is intended mainly for:
    1. Report bugs
    2. Ask for help
    3. Features suggestion

Notice that this app will work only if you are using the Revolver ROM!

But let's start with some screens*:

device20111102210736.png

device20111102210825.png

device20111102210848.png

device20111102210935.png

device20111102210952.png

device20111102211007.png

device20111102211030.png

device20111102211058.png

device20111102211129.png

device20111102211146.png

Features:
    • OTA updates
    • Plugins download client
    • Lot of settings for system
    • Organization of the downloaded files in folders
    • A rich help tab

Licensing:
    Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
    You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
    More details on the license:

Changelog and links in the second post.

(*) Revolver Parts is under development. The look and the features may be different from the picture
    Changelogs:
    Version 4.1.1:
    • Fixed bugs with autoupdate
    Version 4.1.0:
    • Localized in new languages (Italian, Greek, French, and more)
    Version 4.0.0:
    • Now compatible with Revolver 4 (starting from RC2)
    • Bugfixes and speed improvements
    • Removed the direct flash option.
    • Added support to localization. Please help to translate to your language: http://crowdin.net/project/revolver-rom/
    Version 3.5.1:
    • Fixed bugs of version 3.5
    • Direct flash is now optional (but actived by default, you can remove it from Settings)
    Version 3.5:
    • Now you when you press the "flash" button, it reboots to recovery and automatically flash it (it may works only with CWM5 - by Solanz or the one by Roach)
    • Now the apps downloads the plugins and updates also with a mobile connection (you can disable it from the settings menu)
    Version 3.4:
    • Re designed following the Honeycomb apps guidelines:
      → Settings in the options menu.
      → Info in the options menu.
      → Exit button in the options menu.
      → Options menu in the ActionBar.
    Version 3.3.5:
    • Fixed airplane toggle enabler/disabler in the Statusbar tab.
    • Improved the statusbar option toggles.
    Version 3.3.4:
    • Added the hostname edit option.
    Version 3.3.3:
    • Fixed the issue with the ads-filter toggle, finally!
    Version 3.3.1:
    • Fixed the issue with the ads-filter toggle
    Version 3.3:
    • Changed the order of the options in the System tab.
    • Now you can enable and disable the ads filter from Revolver Parts.
    Version 3.2.4:
    • Adjustment in the tab "Other"
    Version 3.2.3:
    • Fixed the bug with Browser Debug option.
    Version 3.2.2:
    • Fix the problem with screen rotation.
    • Updated info tab.
    • Improved code.
    Version 3.2.1:
    • Fixed bugs with Organize option
    • Fixed bugs with the statusbar option
    Version 3.2:
    • Improved download component: now it's faster.
    • Now you can organize the downloaded files in folders (System → Revolver parts settings)

Downloads:
    Retired from the play store.
    Download LAST version: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36182081/RevolverParts.apk
    Requirements:
    To use Revolver Parts you need:
    • A Revolver Rom, obviously
    • Root permissions
    • A wifi connection for OTAs and plugins
    • A MicroSD card for OTAs and plugins
    New Revolver Parts 3.5 is out :)
    Version 4.0.0 compatible with Revolver 4.0.2 RC2 is now live in the Play Store!

Please, help me to translate Revolver Parts in as many languages as possible! TRANSLATE

If you translate remember to put a backslash (\) before the ' symbol. Also, do not remove the parameters in strings. Eg: %1$s or %2$s
    Version 3.3

Since lot of user have problems with the ads filter, in the latest I've added an ads-filter toggle in the System tab. Enjoy!