ZTE Grand SII (S291)

Search This thread

chetbiz

Jul 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Is it the google network location app? Did it work? I already tried to replace it with 2 different version of this file, one of 313 kb taken from the JB gapps (since it's no more present in any kk gapps zip I downloaded) and the other of 343 kb taken from here (link found on another forum), but neither worked, the phone continues behaving like when the app is simply disabled.
Since it's 333 kb i suppose it's another version again, where did you take it from? Anyway I'll give it a try asap ;)
I don't remember where I found it but it should be googles one from 4.4.x, waze started to show me approximately right location in radius of 500m but still google maps working better its showing me exactly my location, strange..

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Is it the google network location app? Did it work? I already tried to replace it with 2 different version of this file, one of 313 kb taken from the JB gapps (since it's no more present in any kk gapps zip I downloaded) and the other of 343 kb taken from here (link found on another forum), but neither worked, the phone continues behaving like when the app is simply disabled.
Since it's 333 kb i suppose it's another version again, where did you take it from? Anyway I'll give it a try asap ;)
I`m thinking to try this option - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1715375
interesting if it would work...

mc.god

Aug 1, 2012
Rome
leaf.lacumpa.biz
I don't remember where I found it but it should be googles one from 4.4.x, waze started to show me approximately right location in radius of 500m but still google maps working better its showing me exactly my location, strange..

I suppose that google apps can get location from com.qualcomm.location service (that was not woring on JB, i remember having read about it having a bug previously), while other apps need to rely on the more standard and known Networklocation. Just my opinion, it's pretty confusing :D

I`m thinking to try this option - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1715375
interesting if it would work...
I saw it too, but having gapps already installed in this rom I'm afraid it could generate some problems, so didn't go deeper.

insecta

Nov 2, 2007
Bari
MF3.0.7 installed... not satisfied :( Only 8gb for apps: titanium backup can't reinstall all the apps that I had on b08... Network signal/wifi signal very lower than before: when firts I call without problem now the phone calls drops...
Also less memory avaiable: at least 300/400 mb less with less applications... The battery seems also to be worst, but for this i will wait a little before valuate...
I see also that some apps seems to be less smooth than before... I hope in some improvement...
P.s.: I installed the network apk, we'll see if it works... ;)

alexeei

Jul 2, 2008
For problem with low signal some peoples write on the official forum, i also see sometime, that signal lower than for example in 3.0.4, i think may be 3.0.6-3.0.7 has new modem, not optimized enough. And about another things-yes, you right :) But, if you want Android 4.4, you can wait some more time and hope that it will be optimized as well as 4.3, or use it as it, with some less memory and some worst battery life (i see that in Android 4.4 MF 2.3 it was same as in 4.3, but as i think some apps in MF 3.0.x still not good optimized). As variant-use Android 4.4 on MF2.3, but it's not updated anymore... Or wait for Android 5.0 ;)

mc.god

Aug 1, 2012
Rome
leaf.lacumpa.biz
I tried the apk shared by @chetbiz but unfortunately for me nothing changed, I even tried to tweak the framework-res.apk like in 4.3 but no results :(

Abiut the problems discussed by @insecta I had sometimes similar impressions, especially regarding signal strenght and battery, but since I don't make intensive use of the phone, they were more like sensations, nothing clearly evident.
But if both @insecta and @alexeei confirm this, I think they are real, so, considering the locatioon issue too, I'm thinking of returning to MF2.2 B14.

insecta

Nov 2, 2007
Bari
I don't think android 5.0 will arrive before 6/8 months :(
ZTE is very slow in releasing updated version of their rom... and also to correct bug... It's a waste because the hardware is very good... if only this phone was officially supperted from CM Team... :(
I make a very intensive use of the phone... today I was at 20% of battery after about 6 hours of use (usually it makes about 10 hours, that is a wonderful result for me)

5KKKKK

Nov 23, 2013
Guangzhou
Flashable Baseband

I found flashable baseband on http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-9194050-1-1.html ,You can try these basebands on 3.0.7, or previous version, just download and flash via custom recovery. And you can take any baseband from any rom you like(B14, 3.0.4, 3.0.6 e.g), just extract the rom and copy its .bin file , replace the .bin file in baseband file and then flash it, do as your own risk.......B11, B12, B13, 3.0.4, 3.0.5 baseband included in attachment ,Download link: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1i3HxDLN Code: 5qaa
I also noticed signal strenght became weak on 3.0.7, then I flashed 3.0.6 baseband but sadlly nothing change:(

Reactions: alexeei and mc.god

alexeei

Jul 2, 2008
When you flash it, it's changed in about phone info baseband firmware? I try to flash firmware from 3.0.4 but in about phone info baseband not changed...

insecta

Nov 2, 2007
Bari
I make finally work the wake with voice function...
There is only one simple but basilar error in the instructions: you must say "Hi ZTE" as in instructions, but you must say it in chinese... they translate the instructions with the command, but that command don't exists... enclosed an example of how to read it correctly... it's something like "Ni hao zhon xin"... good luck!

Attachments

• PTT-20141210-WA0011.aac.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 10

5KKKKK

Nov 23, 2013
Guangzhou
When you flash it, it's changed in about phone info baseband firmware? I try to flash firmware from 3.0.4 but in about phone info baseband not changed...

Yes, the info will change. I flashed B11 baseband and now it shows 0008. I remember the numbers are same on recent roms, maybe it's 0069 on stock 3.0.4 too.

Attachments

• 1418344294659.jpg
    1418344294659.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 104

prian007

Jul 23, 2014
Mainz
Maybe your browser has some cache issues.
Anyway here is what it said.

尊敬的用户,我们建议您在升级前对数据及应用进行备份,并在升级后进行恢复,避免相关信息丢失。
1.优化launcher逻辑,提升稳定性;
2.优化掌心密语逻辑,提升稳定性。
建议您使用WLAN下载此SD卡升级包,若使用数据连接,则可能需要支付额外的网络运营商费用。
感谢天机S291的所有用户特别是官方星星论坛的各位用户和内测团队对版本优化所作出的贡献!

mc.god

Aug 1, 2012
Rome
leaf.lacumpa.biz
Started download of B15 on my server, hope I can provide high-speed link soon.
In the end i went back to B14, it is still preferable than MF3x in smoothness and battery consumption, so I'm glad to see this new update, even though the described improvements aren't really of big insterest.

Top Liked Posts