FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

BUSTED - BUSTED! Secret app on millions of phones logs key taps.

2,965 posts
Thanks Meter: 637
 
By OmegaRED^, Senior Member on 30th November 2011, 08:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2011, 09:01 PM |#2  
gregbradley's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Probably marking work or drinking beer...Maybe both
Thanks Meter: 6,632
 
Donate to Me
More
Its been mentioned in the q&a section about ciq.....

Seems its not on custom x10 roms...there is an app to check and from what i have read at least wolfs rom is clean...
30th November 2011, 09:03 PM |#3  
OmegaRED^'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

Its been mentioned in the q&a section about ciq.....

Seems its not on custom x10 roms...there is an app to check and from what i have read at least wolfs rom is clean...

I didn't know about this just found it now sorry..
I'm actually outraged.
30th November 2011, 09:05 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 595
 
More
yep, and imagine how many end users dont root their phones and such..

its kinda sickening you need to be rooted just to even get rid of bloatware.

Android seems to be a breeding ground for this type of thing
30th November 2011, 09:11 PM |#5  
OmegaRED^'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnacks

yep, and imagine how many end users dont root their phones and such..

its kinda sickening you need to be rooted just to even get rid of bloatware.

Android seems to be a breeding ground for this type of thing

I would not be shocked if a developer would find the same crap out of a i-phone.
The fact that it's even there.. is a shock.. why is it there.. who distributed it.. who approves such a thing..
Seriously handset developers sold the phones already all containing it...

I smell mordor farts..

30th November 2011, 09:12 PM |#6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Probably marking work or drinking beer...Maybe both
Thanks Meter: 6,632
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaRED^

I didn't know about this just found it now sorry..
I'm actually outraged.

NP

The threads in the q&a only appeared today I think, thats when i saw them...

Its a bit like what apple did...very underhand..i was glad i didnt go with the "i" brand when i heard they did it, but now to see google allowing it...i thought they were better than that..
1st December 2011, 03:12 AM |#7  
negrobembon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
Well that sucks

Sent from my X10a using xda premium
1st December 2011, 05:44 AM |#8  
pngface's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 94
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnacks

yep, and imagine how many end users dont root their phones and such..

its kinda sickening you need to be rooted just to even get rid of bloatware.

Android seems to be a breeding ground for this type of thing

Apparently iOS has traces of it too
1st December 2011, 05:55 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Smile
FYI.

yes you can remove The Carrier IQ Rootkit. use this .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=110

Using wolfbreaks rom and it doesnt have it anyway




Hit thanks if relevant to you.
1st December 2011, 06:40 AM |#10  
OmegaRED^'s Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 637
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mootmaina

FYI.

yes you can remove The Carrier IQ Rootkit. use this .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=110

FYI is not legal.
Removable or not.

It's invasion of privacy... 100% illegal.
1st December 2011, 07:07 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Agree dude. Was just saying you can remove it.

Sent from killerx...10
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes