FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][Kernel][G900F|M|T|W8][XXU1CPGK][22Aug][Marshmallow] Omega v20 ●Omega Files●

6,543 posts
Thanks Meter: 50,352

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from ::indie::: Omega Rom - Kernel Samsung Galaxy S5
12th April 2014, 02:16 AM |#21  
Flag eilat
Thanks Meter: 134

More
::indie:: great to see you here lollll you got lots time my friend lolll great job!!!! i think almost any phone i use i use your rom great

i just gonna wait for mode and stuff its very basic still not much people buy it yet ill wait

iv got to say with go launcher and s5 theme icon my s5 is rock

12th April 2014, 05:59 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Talking G900W8 success
first off i would just like to say i have been following your roms since sgs2 and was worried i wouldnt be able to flash your roms anymore once i got the new sgs5. just wanna say thank you for all your time and effort you put into you work for us.

im sure theres a few ppl out there in canada wondering if they can flash this/a rom on their g900w8, just so you know, you can. i just have done it and it works fine. (only thing i notice is that is that it says 4+ instead of lte which i dont care too much about tbh)

first i checked my model which is G900W8 (canadian carriers)
i then installed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696537 with odin (follow the second post!!), i loaded the phone normal and downloaded titanium backup from play store (to make sure it was really rooted and take off some bloatware)
next i installed http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2706253. i had to flash it a few times cuz the phone has a safty to flash the stock recovery and boot normally into the os. to fix this, after i flashed the file to the phone with odin, i quickly held down vol up + home + power till you see "recovery booting" and will then load philz touch 6.
now that you are in CWM i did a backup of my current phone like always (in case anything goes wrong), after that was done i mounted the phone as a usb drive so i could copy omega 1.0 to the phone.
next was wipe data/factory reset, clean to install a new rom, once thats done you get to intall the zip (rom).
after the rom installs click reboot system now.

i hope this helps everyone out there.

thanks again ::indie:: and keep up the good work!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to aDIsease For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aDIsease Ad-Free
12th April 2014, 06:40 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 79

More
full wipe...
When you say full wipe with recovery, before flashing the rom? What exactly do i have to wipe?
12th April 2014, 09:51 AM |#24  
Flag Greven
Thanks Meter: 2,292

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aDIsease

first off i would just like to say i have been following your roms since sgs2 and was worried i wouldnt be able to flash your roms anymore once i got the new sgs5. just wanna say thank you for all your time and effort you put into you work for us.

im sure theres are a few ppl out there in canada wondering if they can flash this/a rom on their g900w8, just so you know, you can. i just have done it and it works fine.

first i used odin to flash [SM-G900*] CF-Auto-Root
second i used odin again to flash philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5 i had a prob where it would just reboot into stock, so after the flash right after it restarts, i held down the vol up + home + power so it loads recovery. success!
third i made a backup of my current 'rom' in case something went wrong.
forth i mounted the usb drive to copy the rom over
fifth came the flash zip, restart phone and youre done.

i hope this helps everyone out there.

thanks again ::indie:: and keep up the good work!

Hi mate, congratulations
but you get the Rom with this steps to work? I have do the same things on my G900F and nothing works. I have try it with cm/TWRP and philz recovery (all have problems with mounting) in my tests. I´m looking forward, indie have post that the Rom is not ready but as I know him he is out on Monday / Tuesday
many regards

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilgit

When you say full wipe with recovery, before flashing the rom? What exactly do i have to wipe?

Hi mate,
full wipe means do a factory reset and wipe dalvic cache in advanced (ALL IN RECOVERY MODUS)
or a bit more, go to mounts and storage
wipe system, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe preload and "(wipe internal SD, only you can flash from extSD)". At least wipe dalvic in advanced.
Thats the best wipe for a clean phone if you come from lower or higher custom Rom or other builded Rom (AOKP,CM,OMNI etc.)
Normally the first is enough
Hope thos will help you, many regards and
happy flashing

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-93

will this work with the G-900I?

Hi mate,
i think no, so the Rom is for S5 - G900F variante.
I do not know if recoverys or autoroot is available for this one, please look in the Gereral Thread for this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/general or in Q and A here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/help
many regards
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gimmick56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gimmick56 Ad-Free
12th April 2014, 10:04 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Tnx alot for support us...
12th April 2014, 10:47 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Thumbs up Great Suff
And Indie does it again! Omega is the first Custom ROM available for a new phone!

Great stuff Indie, look forward to using your ROM on my S5 just like I use it on my Note 3 and Note 10.1

PS: To all those wanting to flash the ROM, as Indie has advised, please wait till he has tested the ROM! Else I am sure everyone will be spamming "issues" they may encounter!

- Harris
The Following User Says Thank You to iqsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iqsoft Ad-Free
12th April 2014, 11:30 AM |#27  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmick56

Hi mate, congratulations
but you get the Rom with this steps to work? I have do the same things on my G900F and nothing works. I have try it with cm/TWRP and philz recovery (all have problems with mounting) in my tests. I´m looking forward, indie have post that the Rom is not ready but as I know him he is out on Monday / Tuesday
many regards

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Hi mate,
full wipe means do a factory reset and wipe dalvic cache in advanced (ALL IN RECOVERY MODUS)
or a bit more, go to mounts and storage
wipe system, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe preload and "(wipe internal SD, only you can flash from extSD)". At least wipe dalvic in advanced.
Thats the best wipe for a clean phone if you come from lower or higher custom Rom or other builded Rom (AOKP,CM,OMNI etc.)
Normally the first is enough
Hope thos will help you, many regards and
happy flashing

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

Hi mate,
i think no, so the Rom is for S5 - G900F variante.
I do not know if recoverys or autoroot is available for this one, please look in the Gereral Thread for this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/general or in Q and A here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s5/help
many regards

hey mate thanks for the reply i just rooted my SM-G900I with the SM-G900F method so stoked! no problems whatsoever does that mean i can use the roms that are made for the SM-G900F?
12th April 2014, 12:16 PM |#28  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 503

More
Going to test this out on the T-Mobile S5.
12th April 2014, 01:07 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 345

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknightavalon

Going to test this out on the T-Mobile S5.

Please come back with results.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
12th April 2014, 01:16 PM |#30  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 503

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew84

Please come back with results.

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app

Seems to be flashing...
12th April 2014, 01:17 PM |#31