Where to get 1800mAh OEM Batteries that FIT!

Search This thread

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
Credit goes to Rakeshchn for asking if this would even work, and for the link to the first battery for sale

Okay guys, there's a thread here about how the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch battery might fit the Vibrant with no need for a new back cover. The rumor is true. I have two of these batteries, and have verified that mine are legit, and they fit perfectly. My phone actually has never lasted so long on a single charge since I switched to CM7.1, and I won't be going back to any battery of less capacity for as long as I own my Vibrant!

Here is the official page for the battery from Samsung

Here is the website I purchased from.

NOTE: I have removed the note about my batteries being fakes because after some research I have determined that Samsung actually has no idea what a serial number is, and is actually putting batch numbers on their batteries, so having the same number isn't a bad sign.

Here is the official page for the Extra Battery plus Charger from Samsung

Here is a website that seems to have the battery charger combo in stock and is selling it for $10 cheaper than Samsung MSRP. I DON'T vouch for them yet, because I haven't purchased from them ever.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

icy56

Feb 26, 2011
Nashville
Dam, I wish it wasn't backordered on that website you ordered from. Im not gonna be ordering the one with the charger well since I don't need a charger and I'd rather spend that money on other things as I have wasted soo much on this phone already. I wonder when are thy gonna have more of just the battery in stock. A little better battery life on my galaxy s 4g would be great.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
There's a few sellers on Amazon with them in stock, but they're a few dollars more than mobilecity. If you're in a rush for one, you could try there. Just search Epic 4g Touch Battery.

Sent from my rough sketch of a Vibrant on a brick.

Reactions: GreggoryD502

icy56

Feb 26, 2011
Nashville
There's a few sellers on Amazon with them in stock, but they're a few dollars more than mobilecity. If you're in a rush for one, you could try there. Just search Epic 4g Touch Battery.

Yeah I can try there. Ehh, ill just wait until these get back in stock or someone finds another legit seller because somethimes the sellers can be really sketchy on amazon.

kaintfm

Jun 7, 2011
Cincinnati
Good rule of thumb, Shaolin. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Also, that battery won't fit in our phones. It's for the other models of the Galaxy S, not the Epic 4G Touch.

Reactions: GreggoryD502

GreggoryD502

Sep 10, 2010
Louisville
I received my 1800 battery a few days ago from mobile city, where OP vouched for. I'm getting significantly more run time with it. I'm a heavy user and the difference is very noticeable.

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/200625287516#ht_2218wt_1139

Check out this one. Not sure if anyone has tried it before.
But I have just ordered the 1800mah one :)

I only saw the 2430mAh one, and this sounds a little too good to be true. I guess if it at least gets 1900mAh it could be worth it. I am getting close to 24hrs from the Epic Touch battery now, though, and I have 2 of them, and a wall charger, so I am never worried about running out of juice anymore.

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
I noticed that my two 1800mAh batteries have the same serial number, so if anyone else purchased from mobilecityonline.com and cares to check, mine are both TH1B907FS/5-B

Sorry to anyone who bought these on my recommendation for leading you astray with this. I emailed mobilecityonline.com, and will let you know what I hear back if anything. And have updated OP.

Reactions: SuperJMN

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
I heard back from mobilecityonline.com and they said to call Samsung about the sn, but they only sold genuine OEM batteries. I still haven't had a chance to dig deeper, but I agree, the better life is worth the $20 all day long even if it is a fake.

icy56

Feb 26, 2011
Nashville
I wonder how do the anker 1800 epic touch batteries compare to these. They are a little cheaper than from what I've heard.

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
I read somewhere people aren't getting as long out of them, but are happy enough since they're so cheap.

Unfortunately I still haven't contacted Samsung about these "OEM" batteries...

mcala

Oct 13, 2011
I wonder how do the anker 1800 epic touch batteries compare to these. They are a little cheaper than from what I've heard.

I having opposite results. The Anker last a hell of alot longer than this fake OEM with the same s/n. The OEM/fake is no better than my standard 1500.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

hkfan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
Just installed 1800 epic 4g battery....but phone still says I have 1500..how can I fix it....already cleared battery stats

Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk

hkfan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto
I noticed that my two 1800mAh batteries have the same serial number, so if anyone else purchased from mobilecityonline.com and cares to check, mine are both TH1B907FS/5-B

Sorry to anyone who bought these on my recommendation for leading you astray with this. I emailed mobilecityonline.com, and will let you know what I hear back if anything. And have updated OP.

dammm...i also have same serial :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

MadJoe

Jul 18, 2007
Boston
Just installed 1800 epic 4g battery....but phone still says I have 1500..how can I fix it....already cleared battery stats

Sent from my T959 using Tapatalk

Are you using Norton Utilities to determine battery capacity? It doesn't matter how big or small your battery is, Norton will always say 1500.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Credit goes to Rakeshchn for asking if this would even work, and for the link to the first battery for sale

Okay guys, there's a thread here about how the Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch battery might fit the Vibrant with no need for a new back cover. The rumor is true. I have two of these batteries, and have verified that mine are legit, and they fit perfectly. My phone actually has never lasted so long on a single charge since I switched to CM7.1, and I won't be going back to any battery of less capacity for as long as I own my Vibrant!

Here is the official page for the battery from Samsung

Here is the website I purchased from.

NOTE: I have removed the note about my batteries being fakes because after some research I have determined that Samsung actually has no idea what a serial number is, and is actually putting batch numbers on their batteries, so having the same number isn't a bad sign.

Here is the official page for the Extra Battery plus Charger from Samsung

Here is a website that seems to have the battery charger combo in stock and is selling it for $10 cheaper than Samsung MSRP. I DON'T vouch for them yet, because I haven't purchased from them ever.

Enjoy!

Good rule of thumb, Shaolin. If it seems to good to be true, it probably is.

Also, that battery won't fit in our phones. It's for the other models of the Galaxy S, not the Epic 4G Touch.

I just got my batteries and they dont work when they fit, I read on your technique but i cant really understand, do you think you could explain more in detail or post a video?

before you shave your battery slot, give this a try - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22664443&postcount=181

you just need a folded piece of paper