Xperia V - Huge battery drain (Google Services)

Search This thread

fmlogin

Aug 12, 2013
My Xperia V was draining much battery while sleeping, so yesterday I flashed cm-10.1.3-RC2 hoping it could get better.

But it's still draining almost 30% in a period of 8 hours, while I'm sleeping.
I can notice a huge drain caused by Google Services and have already greenified some apps.
It can't be normal, right?! Could someone help me?

Despite this problem, now I have a really better smartphone... So, thank FXP and, please, keep supporting Xperia V. :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: alexbo and M_NASSAR
Not sure if this question belongs to be an own thread...but ok. here we go.
from my experience with Cm i can tell you, if you want better battery life, then you maybe should use a stock firmware!

I used CM and AOKP some weeks before, but the battery drain wasnt normal, not to say horrible.
But this is my experience. You should ask in your CM-Rom Thread, or CM Q/A Thread i think.

Reactions: alexbo and fmlogin

fmlogin

Aug 12, 2013
I'm a new member and I couldn't ask this in CM thread :(

I understood what you've said, but even using stock rom I was having that percentage of draining at night...

Do you have a Xperia V?

Could you (or someone else) tell me how much draining is considered normal in the period I've mentioned before?

Sorry, i have a Xperia T.

in the xperia T thread of tilals unofficial CM build (development section) someone mentions also such problems:

Seriously though this ROM is great. All that needs to be fixed are the camera bug, music wakelock thing, and heavy battery usage from Android System and Google Services and then it's basically perfect.

Sent from my Xperia T using xda app-developers app

So, i guess its normal? But an actual CM User can give you better report. Not using it anymore.

awww, gregbradley?
30% in 8hours sleeping? horrible....but you are right, let it settle, fmlogin

Last edited:
Reactions: zandm7

fmlogin

Aug 12, 2013
Omg, my Galaxy s3 loses only 2% in the same period while sleeping, it's a BIG difference :(

I had been facing this problem since I bought this phone (2 months ago), that's why I tried to flash CM yesterday... So, I think that nothing will change if I just wait...

Anyway, thank you guys...

gregbradley

Retired Forum Moderator
apologies, I didn't see that it was 8 hours while you were asleep. That is not right. But it may be because its working hard after a flash. Please leave it for a while and it should settle, or install better battery stats app (Free on xda) and see whats keeping the phone awake.

Also check what your cpu is set at and the governor, if its on performance it will be maxing out all the time..

fmlogin

Aug 12, 2013
The governor is ondemand and I didn't change the clock of cpu...

I'll install the app and come back with a screenshot, so I think it'll be easier to find some problem ;)

larditi

Aug 12, 2013
I'm a new member and I couldn't ask this in CM thread :(

I understood what you've said, but even using stock rom I was having that percentage of draining at night...

Do you have a Xperia V?

Could you (or someone else) tell me how much draining is considered normal in the period I've mentioned before?

Hi,

I'm running the stock firmware. The battery drain during one night (about 8 hours) is ~ 5%.

Reactions: fmlogin

fmlogin

Aug 12, 2013
Mavhia, can you notice an unusual consume from google services?

Good to know that this isn't happening only with my phone.

Last edited:

fmlogin

Aug 12, 2013
Some screenshots.

The graphs show another problem: it is like the phone just know that lost some battery when I turn on the screen.
For example: if I leave the phone with 95%, it pass the hole night "thinking" it has this value, but when I turn on the screen the battery instantly loses around 15%, this "fast drain" stabilizes when it reaches the "real percentage".

Could it be a hardware problem? The battery itself...
Has already someone noticed something similar?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379202826070.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379202826070.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 131
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379202885293.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379202885293.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 132
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379202918844.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379202918844.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 133
  • uploadfromtaptalk1379202942363.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379202942363.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 143

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
i m facing the exact same problem .... please anyone help us out... google play serivces is draining batttery like hell and also my battery is lossing its charge like say 5% instantly ..... i have also re-calibrated battery but no luck here is battery graph for google play services i have also freezed this app in titanium backup but still drain and wake locks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-15-16-09-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-15-16-09-14.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 111

fmlogin

Aug 12, 2013
Thanks for share it here too.

Except for this problem, I really appreciate this phone.
I hope someone could help us.

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore

ok but i have to say something..... these are two different issues..... one is that google play services is causing battery drain and wake locks and the other issue is when i turn on screen to use my phone after say 1 or 2 hour the battery level instantly drops by 5 or 6 percent..... i donno whats happening i m on stock rom

MetalDaRyl

Aug 31, 2013
Got the same problem about 3 months ago..

I did a factory reset....back up all your apps and data,factory reset your phone if you can't find any other solutions...

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore

I did a factory reset....back up all your apps and data,factory reset your phone if you can't find any other solutions...

oh its a like a pain in @ ss to backup and restore all apps and games...:D actually i am considering to completely remove google play store and all google apps and google services to see what happens :D and to find the culprit..:silly:

Reactions: M_NASSAR

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My Xperia V was draining much battery while sleeping, so yesterday I flashed cm-10.1.3-RC2 hoping it could get better.

But it's still draining almost 30% in a period of 8 hours, while I'm sleeping.
    I can notice a huge drain caused by Google Services and have already greenified some apps.
    It can't be normal, right?! Could someone help me?

Despite this problem, now I have a really better smartphone... So, thank FXP and, please, keep supporting Xperia V. :thumbup:

Not sure if this question belongs to be an own thread...but ok. here we go.
    from my experience with Cm i can tell you, if you want better battery life, then you maybe should use a stock firmware!

I used CM and AOKP some weeks before, but the battery drain wasnt normal, not to say horrible.
    But this is my experience. You should ask in your CM-Rom Thread, or CM Q/A Thread i think.
    1. Install System Tuner from Google Play. Root is necessary.
    2. Open: Startups -> Google Services Network
    3. Uncheck:

Receivers -> checkin.CheckinService$Receiver
    Receivers -> checkin.CheckinService$TriggerReceiver
    Receivers -> checkin.CheckinService$SecretCodeReceiver
    Receivers -> checkin.EventLogService$Receiver

Services -> checkin.CheckinService
    Services -> checkin.EventLogService

4. Reboot

This completely solves the problem with Google Services battery drain without any inconvenience.
    On my device battery drain decreased from 14-17% to 3-4% and all apps still working properly.
    i m facing the exact same problem .... please anyone help us out... google play serivces is draining batttery like hell and also my battery is lossing its charge like say 5% instantly ..... i have also re-calibrated battery but no luck here is battery graph for google play services i have also freezed this app in titanium backup but still drain and wake locks
    Hi,

I'm running the stock firmware. The battery drain during one night (about 8 hours) is ~ 5%.

are u using Xperia V?

my XV drain ~ 30% in the stock firmware