Phone stuck on android screen

Search This thread

Bennettgirl

Oct 1, 2013
Help, my phone is stuck on the android screen where the arrow is coming out of the box like its downloading. Verizon could not help me and I did call Samsung and they couldn't do any good over the phone so they had me mail it to them. They did a software reflash and said it needed additional work done on it and wanted to charge me 70.00. The phone is out of warranty. I bought from individual in super great condition and it was working fine for about 3 days and then it froze on the Verizon screen. I took the battery out and did what Verizon said do and now its been stuck in the android screen. that's why I sent to Samsung. any suggestions on how to fix?:confused:

ConstantHero

Apr 22, 2012
Will it go into download mode? (pull battery hold volume down plug into computer) If so try using Odin yourself... Just an idea.

Bennettgirl

Oct 1, 2013
Will it go into download mode? (pull battery hold volume down plug into computer) If so try using Odin yourself... Just an idea.

Yes I did get it to go into download mode. Its showing the Android with the shovel. Underneath it it says "Downloading"... Do not turn off Target!!!!!!!!
You told me to use Odin. Can you explain to me what that is? I am sorry.....

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Yes I did get it to go into download mode. Its showing the Android with the shovel. Underneath it it says "Downloading"... Do not turn off Target!!!!!!!!
You told me to use Odin. Can you explain to me what that is? I am sorry.....

odin is a tool made by samsung to flash firmwares to their phones using Download Mode. they never actually released it to the public. it's also pretty easy to use, just be careful.
anything that is flashed on this phone goes in the PDA box AND ONLY THE PDA BOX. anything else will probably brick it.

the preferred version of Odin is either 1.83 or 1.85. google either one and you should be able to download it. if not, i have a copy of 1.83 that i could put on dropbox. download that first and then reply with the progress you made.

Bennettgirl

Oct 1, 2013
odin is a tool made by samsung to flash firmwares to their phones using Download Mode. they never actually released it to the public. it's also pretty easy to use, just be careful.
anything that is flashed on this phone goes in the PDA box AND ONLY THE PDA BOX. anything else will probably brick it.

the preferred version of Odin is either 1.83 or 1.85. google either one and you should be able to download it. if not, i have a copy of 1.83 that i could put on dropbox. download that first and then reply with the progress you made.[/QUOTE

Well my phone stayed hooked up to my computer all night long and the android with the shovel is gone. But when I put the battery back in and turn on the little android with the box and the arrow coming out of it comes back on. ugh. so what do I need to do now?:(:(:(:(

Bennettgirl

Oct 1, 2013

the preferred version of Odin is either 1.83 or 1.85. google either one and you should be able to download it. if not, i have a copy of 1.83 that i could put on dropbox. download that first and then reply with the progress you made.

Well my phone stayed hooked up to my computer all night long and the android with the shovel is gone. But when I put the battery back in and turn on the little android with the box and the arrow coming out of it comes back on. ugh. so what do I need to do now?

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Well my phone stayed hooked up to my computer all night long and the android with the shovel is gone. But when I put the battery back in and turn on the little android with the box and the arrow coming out of it comes back on. ugh. so what do I need to do now?

plug in your phone again, run Odin, and look in the General forum for a guide made by a user named droidstyle. look for how to restore back to stock. follow the steps there and your stock firmware should be restored.
i'm still unsure of what screen you're stuck at, but just restore back to stock in download mode

Bennettgirl

Oct 1, 2013
plug in your phone again, run Odin, and look in the General forum for a guide made by a user named droidstyle. look for how to restore back to stock. follow the steps there and your stock firmware should be restored.
i'm still unsure of what screen you're stuck at, but just restore back to stock in download mode

My screen on my phone is black and it has the picture of a box with an arrow coming out of it with the little android standing in front of it. The phone screen will blink like its updating but that's where it stuck when I sent it to Samsung. :eek:

Bennettgirl

Oct 1, 2013

you all are going to have to walk me through this. This is all Greek to me or I am gonna have to get someone else to do this for me. lol :confused:

hhp_211

May 15, 2008
you all are going to have to walk me through this. This is all Greek to me or I am gonna have to get someone else to do this for me. lol :confused:

Here is the link to droidstyles guide

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=17050028

Follow "section 2" using the eh03 ROM option

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

Also here is a YouTube video i found from googling "odin fascinate stock"
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sYDgAw&usg=AFQjCNE-OQeUmjeCIxiEuqWMLWJVCaanyg

It covers those same things as section 2 in droidstyles guide.

GIMMEDEMROMS

Oct 3, 2013
Give me a call, 423 400 6484 and I'll walk you through it. I'll send you the files you need.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

Bennettgirl

Oct 1, 2013
Give me a call, 423 400 6484 and I'll walk you through it. I'll send you the files you need.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

A friend of mine at work got my phone finally working. He did download a different operating system. Now I can send texts but I can send them. On this operating system the download part wont work so I don't have "The Market' or "The play store. what can this be causing these issues?