fryediablo

Dec 20, 2010
NJ - NC
complete fail for me, it appears to work but i definately don't have root

[update]
GOT IT \O/

long story short?

0. samsung drivers -> computer
1. downloaded http://download.chainfire.eu/378/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip
2. download mode
3. pda -> flash with provided file

when it rebooted it was good to go

oh and I froze 8 knox related programs/services via titanium backup root

Is this a mirror for this file? I can't seem to download it from the link posted, I get a "bandwidth exceeded" error. Thanks.

phoneturf

Feb 28, 2008
OnePlus 9
Is this a mirror for this file? I can't seem to download it from the link posted, I get a "bandwidth exceeded" error. Thanks.

Same here. Can someone please create a dropbox link for the file since it can no longer be downloaded from chainfire. I have searched for an hour for this file in other locations, to no avail. It appears to only be available at chainfire where the bandwidth is exceeded. Thanks!

On another note, I did get TWRP installed and made a nandroid using the instructions for 4.3. (I stupidly let the tablet update to 4.4.2 before attempting to root). Could I just install a new rom, which I assume would be rooted? Or would this screw it up?

Last edited:
rooted my tab a few days ago now, just do the folowing :

1) use ODIN 3.09 to flash CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.tar.md5 (link here : http://download.chainfire.eu/378/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11938873/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip and MD5 is d7cbf6de350a5a15dc6e9ac22042cf95)
2) use TB to remove unwanted apps (like knox)

I also flashed TWRP but it's not mandatory (just easier to manage roms or backups).

Have tried to root using the instructions (and files) in the OP, as well as the method (and files) above - nothing has worked.
Tried the files from both links (they both have a different MD5). Odin was successful, rebooted, got the rooting screen, but when I check it with the root checker app, it says the device isn't rooted.
Does it matter what recovery you have while doing this process? Or which version of Odin you use?

I'm on XAR-P600UEUCNK1.

lightman33

Dec 14, 2007
for the md5, may I suggest there were an update on the chainfire link. My upload is now a little bit older. This file was working last year.

For your recovery, I suppose you have used TWRP to flash the zip file. I can't figure out how to flash root zip file with the stock recovery.
At first boot, use TB to remove knox, may be it can help you.

Another way is to flash a full rom already rooted, you can found them in development section.

for the md5, may I suggest there were an update on the chainfire link. My upload is now a little bit older. This file was working last year.

For your recovery, I suppose you have used TWRP to flash the zip file. I can't figure out how to flash root zip file with the stock recovery.
At first boot, use TB to remove knox, may be it can help you.

Another way is to flash a full rom already rooted, you can found them in development section.

I tried what I assume is the updated chainfire file, but still didn't have any luck - maybe I still didn't have the correct file.
I have the stock recovery - I tried installing TWRP after doing this process, not realising it hadn't worked, so it didn't stick given I didn't have root.

So, as you were saying, is it possible to install TWRP, then wipe and install a custom ROM (eg Hyperdrive), and SuperSU, then reboot - that would do it? or, do I need to get this working on the stock ROM first so TWRP will stick?

Has anyone had success recently and can confirm which file works?

lightman33

Dec 14, 2007
you have to install TWRP to root or to flash a new rom, you can't do that with stock recovery.
Try first to upgrade this part and you will be able to root your tab.
note that you have to boot into recovery just after flashing TWRP.
hope it will help you, good flash !!!

bigwavedave25

Dec 1, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'm having the same issue keeping TWRP on the device, it keeps going back to stock recovery. Build NI1.

I can flash TWRP from Odin no problem, but my options are grayed-out/unavailable to un-check "Auto Reboot" [Bean's Odin3 v3.09]
From the Odin flash the device boots into android... from there I can reboot strait to TWRP [recovery] from TiBu. Then I try and flash an updated TWRP and when I select reboot recovery [from inside the previous TWRP] the device reboots into stock recovery.

I have su access and have removed the 7 KNOX files with TiBu. What files do i need to disable/rename to keep stock from overwriting TWRP? Thanks for any help!

EDIT: ...
Ok, I think my problem was trying to update to TWRP 2.8.4.0 which seemed to not bypass the stock recovery install process?? ... I flashed TWRP 2.6.3.3 initially, and stuck with it this time instead of trying to update, now I can successfully boot into TWRP from wherever. I'm a little confused by this, not sure what is going on with the latest TWRP not sticking.

Last edited:

Vol4Ever

Jan 22, 2012
Piperton, TN
I just D/L thru mega link in beans original message. Unzipped file & ran through ODIN AP slot. On reboot, it showed the script verbiage running through the root steps, but tablet DID NOT ROOT. Further weird is that SuperSU icon was installed, but somehow it has since vanished. Immediately after reboot I ran my licensed (legit purchase!) copy of TiBu and it said root wasn't active. The procedure did trip Knox, which is no big deal since this thing is a few months out of warranty anyway. Just trying to figure out why the CF file didn't work. Wonder if it has anything to do with versions? I started with 4.4.4 and now the tablet's "About" screen shows 4.4.2. Good news is that everything on the tablet appears to still be working fine.

Any ideas??

EDIT: One more item of note. When ODIN finishes its thing, the PC software interface status shows RESET on a blue background, and the instructions say that should show PASS on green. Tablet auto-reboots from there without me having to do anything.

Last edited:

blindmanpb

Nov 11, 2010
I just D/L thru mega link in beans original message. Unzipped file & ran through ODIN AP slot. On reboot, it showed the script verbiage running through the root steps, but tablet DID NOT ROOT. Further weird is that SuperSU icon was installed, but somehow it has since vanished. Immediately after reboot I ran my licensed (legit purchase!) copy of TiBu and it said root wasn't active. The procedure did trip Knox, which is no big deal since this thing is a few months out of warranty anyway. Just trying to figure out why the CF file didn't work. Wonder if it has anything to do with versions? I started with 4.4.4 and now the tablet's "About" screen shows 4.4.2. Good news is that everything on the tablet appears to still be working fine.

Any ideas??

EDIT: One more item of note. When ODIN finishes its thing, the PC software interface status shows RESET on a blue background, and the instructions say that should show PASS on green. Tablet auto-reboots from there without me having to do anything.
The file in the OP of this thread works on 4.3, but not 4.4.x

Use this instead:
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-10-2014/development/root-cf-auto-root-t2905495

jdagreek

Dec 8, 2007
Moline, IL
Recovery ???

I have the SM-P600

running 5.1.1

I have root using ODIN ...

My concerns ? In the instructions it states to install Stock Recovery ? I did not get this file ? Is this file important ?
When I install TWRP it fails in ODIN and then soft bricks my device I have to re-install the ODIN one root to fix it ?

HELP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-AUTO Root
    By Chainfire
    Ported To the Note 10.1 (2014 edition) By:mad:BeansTown106

First off, Huge Thanks to Chainfire for coming up with AutoRoot & for his SuperSU App

Warning: I cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone, rooting is optional! This Does Trip The Warranty Counter Built into the Bootloader of the Note 10.1.

How To Enter Download Mode
    Method 1: in command prompt or terminal on computer enter: adb reboot download
    Method 2:Turn Off Tablet, Hold Volume Down + Power. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Rooting Instructions
    1.Boot into Download mode (see methods above)
    2.Flash autorootp600mj4.tar.md5 with Odin v3.09 (put in AP slot, don't change any other settings, click start)
    3.Let it do its trick! Confirm root!
    4.Reboot into download mode again and flash the stock mj4 recovery provided
    That's all! Enjoy Root!

Download
    FILENAME: p600Autoroot.7z(mega)

Disclaimer: when using root apps the system will try to stop you so its recommended to freeze the knox apps with titanium backup or rom toolbox!

Please Keep in Mind i dont have this tab but would LOVE to develop on it so any donations would be more than appreciated!
    if you can Donate: Here it would be preffered and leave your xda username as a comment if not here works as well

If you haven't already, pick up a copy of SuperSU Pro to support Chainfire! Well worth the $2.49!
    Hi,
    If I root my tablet will I still be able to do the sistem updates that samsung sends?? If so, will I lose the root ?
    thanks!

Cody forgets that we all learn somehow. Hopefully someone will repay his answer with the same (no offense Cody)

Typically updates still come if you only root, but don't take them until you've seen the effects of others doing it. You may lose root and never get it back.

Custom Roms will almost always block updates.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4
    rooted my tab a few days ago now, just do the folowing :

1) use ODIN 3.09 to flash CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.tar.md5 (link here : http://download.chainfire.eu/378/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip or https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11938873/CF-Auto-Root-lt03wifi-lt03wifixx-smp600.zip and MD5 is d7cbf6de350a5a15dc6e9ac22042cf95)
    2) use TB to remove unwanted apps (like knox)

I also flashed TWRP but it's not mandatory (just easier to manage roms or backups).

Any ideas??

The file in the OP of this thread works on 4.3, but not 4.4.x

Use this instead:
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-10-2014/development/root-cf-auto-root-t2905495
    Stock MK1 recovery

I zipped up the MK1 recovery md5 so you can flash this with odin after rooting. Just unzip and put the recovery.tar.md5 file in the AP slot after rooting.