[ROM] Stock Archos Firmware 4.1.2 | Root version !

Search This thread

zombination

Feb 23, 2012
4.1.5 is for archos TV ... For 101xs it is 4.1.4

Envoyé depuis mon HTC One en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

abou_sohaib

Aug 5, 2013
question

Hello Surdu Petru,
i managed to downgrade to ICS and install SDE but i have a problem with the usb driver. My archos 101 xs is not recognised by pc whe connected with usb (unrecognised usb peripheral detected). My question is can i copy the archos.ext4, zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo at the same time to /mnt/storage using sdcard first then start procedure.
thank you in advance.

nath500

Jun 15, 2013
saint-martin
problem of boot

hello all,
i have a problem with my archos 101 xs root:
when my tablet to boot logo as start archos it freeze in developer edition and android normal:crying:
can you help me please

mirecek1965

Sep 2, 2011
Sorry to bother you, but i have problem. I downgrade to 4.0.26 and install SDE. SDE working OK. Then i download files from first post, push archos.ext4.update with adb shell to /mnt/sdcard. Then reboot to recovery, developer menu, erase android kernel, flash zimage and initramfs (there i must use initramfs without extension "initramfs.cpio.lzo", otherwise it is not recognized by flash after OK). After this tablet reboot and show logo Archos and stay there forever. So i think, name of archos.ext4.update is not recognized by system. (i try naming file "archos.ext4"), but no luck. I try other roms, your Blue and others, but no succes. Then i reboot to recovery, reformat device and use "firmware_archos_it4x.aos" latest version Android 4.1.4 and reboot and make initial settings. This worked. But i cannot install any custom ROM. Which name must have archos.ext4 to be recognized? Much thanks for any suggestions.

AmarilloTX

Nov 17, 2013
How to ROOT Archos Familypad 2

Hi guys,

sorry but just out of curiosity....does this work on the archos Familypad 2?

any idea or suggestions are extremely appreciated.

Thanks

I have tried many posted solutions and then even started looking into making a modified boot image until I finally came across a simple 1 click method. Cost me between 50-100 hrs of research and my personal time so I hope its appreciated by you.

STEP 1: ESTABLISH ADB Driver connection (skip part A if you can do this by yourself)

Part A) This can be a heart breaking experience on this particular device. I am an electrical engineer (msee degree) and I have never had problems getting the correct settings and setting up an ADB driver. But this device busted my butt. SO, to make it easy for you, and for me, download the PdaNet application (PdaNetA4126.exe) - a program called PDANet (used normally to allow you to wired tether your phone’s internet to your computer) can be used to install the ADB drivers for a lot of phones. THEN, on your Archos Familypad, turn on USB debugging, plug into computer, and start PDANet and follow it’s instructions.

Part B) VERIFY ADB: In command prompt, type "adb devices". YOU WILL SEE YOUR ARCHOS DEVICE! You can now safely delete PDANet on computer and on your Archos - we don't need it anymore. If you do not know how to get ADB or how to use ADB then STOP ROOTING YOU DEVICE NOW since you have much to learn and read before you start messing with rooting.

STEP 2: Download: "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v31.zip"
see: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

NOTE: Be careful not to install and malware or other programs from any download sites, just get the zip file ONLY. MUST have version 31!

Unzip, run, select option 1, and presto...... YOU HAVE ROOT !!!!!!

STEP 3: Download from play store "Root Checker" or your own preferred root checking app and see the results.

Even if you restore FACTORY SETTINGS you will still have root! Yea baby!!!!!!

ENJOY................

Title: ROOT Archos Familypad 2 - How to - IT WORKS !!!

Posted On: xda developers web site

Posted by User: AmarilloTX (that is me)

Reactions: mirecek1965

Atmoz360

Dec 15, 2013
Hi people !

Works with Archos 80 XS & Archos 80 Childpad ?

Oh wait... no file to download :(

Last edited:

h07d0q

Jan 2, 2014
www.lowkon.com
unroot Archos 101xs

Hello,

for sending a log to a developer, I had to root the Archos 101xs which I bought for my parents.
To root it, I followed this tutorial:
arctablet.com/blog/forum/archos-101-xs/archos-101-xs-easy-root-method/

Now I have the following problems:
- every restart of the tablet they have to boot the "Develeoper Edition" and the whole setup process (update apps, calibrate g-sensor/touchpanel...) has to be passed.
- root is no more needed
- old firmware version is running

Can somebody tell me how to update to the latest ROM / custom ROM with or without root without booting developer edition every time? :eek:
Thankyou! :fingers-crossed:

Sirill

Jan 28, 2011
Is there a way to reinstall the complete Archos Package (apps/wallpaper...) downloaded on the Archos FTP with this version ?
Because after a complete clean up of the tablet, games and apps were gone.

cedric31

Nov 11, 2013
Hello

I'm happy to announce i've suceded in build ROM of Archos 4.1.4 firmware. This rom come with root access.

There is only few differences between 4.1.2 and 4.1.4 firmware .

Here is the changelog from Archos :

Version 4.1.4 - July 31st, 2013 (Archos 101XS version)
Graphics: integrate latest version of GPU OpenGL driver that solves display issues with applications such as Google Earth
Media library: scan USB storage

I've create a new post : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55302539&postcount=1

perspicacia

Jun 4, 2015
Firmware 4.0.26

Can anyone tell me where I can get the 4.0.26 Firmware for the Archos 101 XS as it is no longer available on the official site and I need to downgrade in order to use this root method.

Thanks

h07d0q

Jan 2, 2014
www.lowkon.com
This is definitely Firmware 4.0.26 for the 101XS as after reformatting and then installing this firmware it just hangs on the boot screen?

Hi,

sorry if it doesn't work for you... I only have the following files in my folder for rooting the 101XS:
414firmware_archos_it4x.aos
4026firmware_archos_it4x.aos

I'm very sure this is the right firmware file, but I don't have experience with downgrading and if it works...

Reactions: perspicacia

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello to evryone !

The last Archos update for Gen10 101XS ( 18/02/2013 ) : Android 4.1.2 Firmware 4.1.2 with Root access !

This Rom is based on unmodified Android system , Archos Firmware 4.1.2 !

This Rom can be installed only if you have already enabled SDE on your tablet .

Change log :
    • Archos applications: add Archos multimedia server back, update Archos Video, Music, File Manager, GamePad Mapping Tool to be in par with GooglePlay versions.
    • Google backup manager: make it work again
    • HDMI: avoid interference of CEC detected as DPAD with some games such as Max Payne
      • & also ...
        • increase data I/O
        • enabled init.d* to run scripts
    Download :
    • please download from here all necessary files :
    • Mirror :
    Installation :
    • connect USB cable ;
    • unzip Archos_4.1.2.zip into Archos_4.1.2 directory
    • copy archos.ext4.update in your device, or > adb push archos.ext4.update /mnt/storage
    • go to recovery SDE and Remove android kernel if you have already installed any official firmware !
    • go to Flash kernel & Initramfs and copy here zImage and initramfs.cpio.lzo from ( Archos_4.1.2)
    • Ok ! ... & wait to boot !

Now you have rooted the last Archos Firmware 4.1.2 - Android 4.1.2 !!!

regards,
    Surdu Petru
    @dev.

would this rom work on my brand new archos 101 titanium ?

Br.

Michel
    Hi guys,

Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks

I have tried many posted solutions and then even started looking into making a modified boot image until I finally came across a simple 1 click method. Cost me between 50-100 hrs of research and my personal time so I hope its appreciated by you.

STEP 1: ESTABLISH ADB Driver connection (skip part A if you can do this by yourself)

Part A) This can be a heart breaking experience on this particular device. I am an electrical engineer (msee degree) and I have never had problems getting the correct settings and setting up an ADB driver. But this device busted my butt. SO, to make it easy for you, and for me, download the PdaNet application (PdaNetA4126.exe) - a program called PDANet (used normally to allow you to wired tether your phone’s internet to your computer) can be used to install the ADB drivers for a lot of phones. THEN, on your Archos Familypad, turn on USB debugging, plug into computer, and start PDANet and follow it’s instructions.

Part B) VERIFY ADB: In command prompt, type "adb devices". YOU WILL SEE YOUR ARCHOS DEVICE! You can now safely delete PDANet on computer and on your Archos - we don't need it anymore. If you do not know how to get ADB or how to use ADB then STOP ROOTING YOU DEVICE NOW since you have much to learn and read before you start messing with rooting.

STEP 2: Download: "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v31.zip"
    see: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460

NOTE: Be careful not to install and malware or other programs from any download sites, just get the zip file ONLY. MUST have version 31!

Unzip, run, select option 1, and presto...... YOU HAVE ROOT !!!!!!

STEP 3: Download from play store "Root Checker" or your own preferred root checking app and see the results.

Even if you restore FACTORY SETTINGS you will still have root! Yea baby!!!!!!

ENJOY................

Title: ROOT Archos Familypad 2 - How to - IT WORKS !!!

Posted On: xda developers web site

Posted by User: AmarilloTX (that is me)
    Can anyone tell me where I can get the 4.0.26 Firmware for the Archos 101 XS as it is no longer available on the official site and I need to downgrade in order to use this root method.

Thanks

"filedropper.com/4026firmwarearchosit4x"

Found it in my Backups :)