Android reversing mirror model rt01

Search This thread

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Android 4.4 Reversing Camera Mirror With A10,A23,A33 CPU

These mirrors come in many different flavours now. At time of edit post A33 x5 quadcore is the latest with 16GB. This newer unit can be rooted with kingroot apk version. I find I lose root after reboot for some reason. I haven't found a firmware for this mirror version as of yet. For some reason my mirror does not have a wifi antenna attached so poor signal unless 4 meters line of sight. Please becareful as from experience from buying 3 mirrors now, there can be huge differences to build quality even thou they look the same.

I'm not updating this thread with RT01 firmware anymore. Please check Baidu link below
Also need this to load firmware to TF/microsd
PhoenixCard_V310_20130618.rar
To load new firm run Phoenixcard - Select image - Insert TF card/ Microsd - Choose burn (Try until magic) - Insert Tf Card into mirror and shutdown - After mirror firmware loaded you must format to normal or Tfcard will flash mirror again on reset

You may also find your firmware here. Let me know if you can't download it(use iPad to view)
http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?uk=4026862827&third=0

Yfgo.apk - Radar program (you need mirror with radar function)
Yfgo.apk
Thx to nyinyiwale

How to get root access:
Download this settings.apk and run it! Thanks to Nick Nick
Setup.apk (A23)
Now you should have developer options - Enable usb debugging
Now install on windows machine http://pdanet.co/ for android
Then install kingo root http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

833251081_o.jpg

Specifications

Processor - Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 1.2GHz Dual Core
Smart systems - Android 4.4 OS
Screen - 5.0 inch HD 5 point touch screen
Diplay resolution - 800X480 pixels
DDR - Built in 512MB DDR 3
Nand Flash - Built in 8GB (systems will occupy 1.72GB )
External storage - Support Maximum 64GB TF card(not included)
Image Sensor - 5.0 million pixel HD camera, 350 degree rotate front lens
Lens angle view - Front 140 degree +back 120 degree
Video Resolution - Front: 1920*1080(30f/s)/HD1280x720(30f/s) - Rear: 640X480 30f/s
Video format - MP4
Picture format - JPEG
Compression - H.264
Speaker - Built in
MIC - Built in
External I/O port
1*USB 2.0
1*TF card port:
1* GPS port
1*AV IN (support auto reverse function)

Dimensions - Main product size: 310x90x20mm (L x W x D)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.4 KB · Views: 3,918
Last edited:

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Just got this item off eBay. Url removed

Screen looks great. Touch screen works a treat. Nice and bright and good angle also.

There are a few things different listed that the seller on eBay has not listed correct.
It comes with android 4.4.2 And not 4.0
Has a A23 dual core and not A10
Kernel version 3.4.39
And it has a battery which would last a couple of days with no use - make sure you turn off wifi when not on power

This is a true android with some very basic functions missing. Starting it has no google services. So no google play store, no where to login to google account in settings. The launcher looks good(you can't change it) expect there is no access to app list. You can click on navi button - which holds no navigation software funny enough. Once inside the navi button you can hold on the screen and then it brings you up a app selection screen giving you option to add icons(still no gps map softwares)

Once connected to Internet apps start updating when you open them which is pretty cool.. There is an update option under andriod version screen which fails to find any update with an error(searches Internet for update or you can local upload file).

Overall I'm pretty impressed with this device and its speed. I was able to install google maps by browser. But once I closed it I could not open it again cause no icon to click on. Google maps ran a little bit sluggish but was acceptable. I'm now chasing the seller for a solution to google play store as the play store ask won't open after installing.

Last edited:
Reactions: cellurl

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
I was able to side load apps quite easily with the browser. Seems most work if the don't depend on play store or accounts being setup in google settings.
Synic gps software won't work as it wants to use playstore to download more files.
Es explorer works fine.

I don't think I will be able to get root access as there is no developer menu, but after clicking on firmware build number says you are already a developer

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Hi, is it model rt01?

Do you have the same firmware 4.4.2 and specs?

Does it have an option to add google account inside android OS?

As mentioned above no google account in my OS which means no history in google maps. Very frustrating.

Could I also grab the seller as I my have to purchase a new one

Thank you if you can help

superboost

Aug 24, 2007
TOURCOING
hello, i bought mine to this seller from Aliexpress, received in 8 days via DHL

http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/5-inch-Android-Mirror-Monitor-GPS-1080P-Digital-Video-Recorder-Rear-view-Camera/2021095296.html

The item has exactly the spécifications as described from top of topic and is a rt01 model, else allwinner A23 Inside, android 4.4.2 KitKat Inside

i have in native Google playstore and i have created my account without problem as soon as i powered up for the firs time the mirror

best regards

Last edited:

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Thanks for your help appreciated.

Need to try a scab a firmware update as my seller refuses to speak with me now.

Might just buy what you got I think.

superboost

Aug 24, 2007
TOURCOING
you can try to communicate via aliexpress with the store, seller is Mr wilson cao and ask him for a firmware, it's a pleasant person who respond to me very fast, also after my purchase for details. Try to say you're a friend of me (Superboost) and have same miror and you want the same OS, give a try, good luck.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

at this time i'm trying to root for install some progs. Framaroot = KO, kingroot not able to connect at his cloud for exploit. At this time not result. If i can, also put a twrp or other and save firmware and tranfer to you? Have an idea of rooting ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Decapper

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
I have seen a update.zip file for root on the net. I was thinking doing it that way.

I'll give it another go as I was more focused on gapps.zip before.

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Do you have development option to activate usb debugging? I don't have this option, so it makes it hard for me.

That's why I suggested an update.zip method.

If you have usb debugging (lucky you) then try http://www.shuame.com/en/root/

Also sent a msg to your seller. I think he would have to be very nice to give time for nothing being a business man

superboost

Aug 24, 2007
TOURCOING
I have not the "usb debugging option" and no more the menu security for the possibility to "accept unknown sources" option. I think it will be impossible to root the item.....
tell me if you have a response from seller, have a good day

superboost

Aug 24, 2007
TOURCOING
hello, i have installed usb drivers of the mirror (hold down volume button and plug USB) and found an unknown device, i downloaded livesuit pack V1.9 and in the usb directory, it found the driver.
Now i can lauch livesuit but it wait for an .img image file for flash.... that's all for this time.... perhaps a way for future rooting?, have a good day ;)

superboost

Aug 24, 2007
TOURCOING
hello, happy for you, i expect you can flash this firmware and having opérationnal Google on it.

This seller is very nice, i put it a 5+++++ stars on aliexpress

have a good day

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
It's a puzzle..

You have an img file.. And Phoenixcard..
Putting in sdcard and selecting startup it puts the android OS on the sdcard and you boot from that so you can test the image I suppose.

Could not see any google account. Also I have alarm next to the radio icon. When I put this one on I got the browser instead.

Can I ask under settings about tablet is your build number 20150410 ?

superboost

Aug 24, 2007
TOURCOING
in the info i have : rt01-eng 4.2.2 KVT49L 20150410 test-keys

It's seem that is the same build than downloaded

perhaps puting applications in "download" folder of the program will put them on the image for flashing ?

Last edited:

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Thank you so much. You are a legend.

Its as I figured.
running the phoniexcard program you select Startup to run off sdcard.. which is way slow.
So I took the plunge and hit production and it setup my sdcard which in turn updated my unit.

Now its usable and I cant thank you enough!

superboost

Aug 24, 2007
TOURCOING
have you all you want in ? Google account possible? the next challenge : rooting...

---------- Post added at 01:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Because it's difficult to find this firmware, i put it on a Mega download

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZEwxzAyJ!HzowmA3-bVbcCdZpY7tHsQ5sV2kLQ8d6lwX6Y4Q0IXY

It include the program Phoenixcard for generate the bootable SD card for update firmware
for someone else who search :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cellurl

Decapper

May 6, 2013
Sydney
Yes rooting is on the cards now...

Just enjoying play store for the moment..

Plus I've noticed a huge increase in speed.

Large improvement in firmware need to keep eye open for future releases

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok the rar with Phoenix card is the img to use for playstore. You have to have a micro sdcard or Tf card whatever you want to call it. The Phoenix card reader sets up a sdcard. Do not use it directly on your mirror!

Phoenix card - browse to img. - hit production - hit burn- place sdcard in mirror - hold down power button till shutdown and hit shutdown. Wait for green bar to finish. Now put sdcard back in pc and hit on Phoenix card format to normal. Boot up you new mirror

If you select startup instead of production under Phoenix card it will set your sdcard for boot off that. You will find it takes forever and is slow, but is a good way to test your mirror if works with new firmware... Instead set it for production. If you have Phoenix card then that is the correct rat which contains the img that has playstore..

To use playstore click on the big navi icon and the it brings up a screen with gps info... Hold your finger until screen comes up with all programs installed... You may need to hold next to gps icon for it to work

P.s I had a lot of trouble with errors under Phoenix card. Just pull and push your sdcard and try again
    Android 4.4 Reversing Camera Mirror With A10,A23,A33 CPU

These mirrors come in many different flavours now. At time of edit post A33 x5 quadcore is the latest with 16GB. This newer unit can be rooted with kingroot apk version. I find I lose root after reboot for some reason. I haven't found a firmware for this mirror version as of yet. For some reason my mirror does not have a wifi antenna attached so poor signal unless 4 meters line of sight. Please becareful as from experience from buying 3 mirrors now, there can be huge differences to build quality even thou they look the same.

I'm not updating this thread with RT01 firmware anymore. Please check Baidu link below
    Also need this to load firmware to TF/microsd
    PhoenixCard_V310_20130618.rar
    To load new firm run Phoenixcard - Select image - Insert TF card/ Microsd - Choose burn (Try until magic) - Insert Tf Card into mirror and shutdown - After mirror firmware loaded you must format to normal or Tfcard will flash mirror again on reset

You may also find your firmware here. Let me know if you can't download it(use iPad to view)
    http://pan.baidu.com/wap/share/home?uk=4026862827&third=0

Yfgo.apk - Radar program (you need mirror with radar function)
    Yfgo.apk
    Thx to nyinyiwale

How to get root access:
    Download this settings.apk and run it! Thanks to Nick Nick
    Setup.apk (A23)
    Now you should have developer options - Enable usb debugging
    Now install on windows machine http://pdanet.co/ for android
    Then install kingo root http://www.kingoapp.com/android-root/download.htm

833251081_o.jpg

Specifications

Processor - Allwinner A13 Cortex A8 1.2GHz Dual Core
    Smart systems - Android 4.4 OS
    Screen - 5.0 inch HD 5 point touch screen
    Diplay resolution - 800X480 pixels
    DDR - Built in 512MB DDR 3
    Nand Flash - Built in 8GB (systems will occupy 1.72GB )
    External storage - Support Maximum 64GB TF card(not included)
    Image Sensor - 5.0 million pixel HD camera, 350 degree rotate front lens
    Lens angle view - Front 140 degree +back 120 degree
    Video Resolution - Front: 1920*1080(30f/s)/HD1280x720(30f/s) - Rear: 640X480 30f/s
    Video format - MP4
    Picture format - JPEG
    Compression - H.264
    Speaker - Built in
    MIC - Built in
    External I/O port
    1*USB 2.0
    1*TF card port:
    1* GPS port
    1*AV IN (support auto reverse function)

Dimensions - Main product size: 310x90x20mm (L x W x D)
    Your seller is very nice.

Thank you also.. Now have to work out how to install

This is a link I found on google
    http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=4026862827&shareid=3212962299&third=0

Link from your seller
    http://en.mail.qq.com/cgi-bin/ftnEx...1e4459433274&t=exs_ftn_download&code=231c0681
    hello, don't worry
    i'm uploading you IGO to MEGA link, it's a file without maps it needs time.

For flashing, you don't need to connect you Mirror to PC, just take a MicroSD Card in a card adapter, use my MEGA link above for download Phoenix prog and firmware.
    create your boot card and insert in Mirror and boot it, it will flash firmware (English not chineese :))

after that i will guide you for continue, stay connected for my editing of this post or MEGA link

best regards

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Because it's difficult to find this firmware, i put it on a Mega download

https://mega.co.nz/#!ZEwxzAyJ!HzowmA3-bVbcCdZpY7tHsQ5sV2kLQ8d6lwX6Y4Q0IXY

for someone else who search :)

30 minutes for upload IGO