Turning screen on or offNavigation
Powering on or off
- Press the home key to turn the screen on or off.
Pressing the home key
- Press and hold the home key to power your Gear on or off, change the sound mode, or enable Outdoor mode.
Double pressing the home key
- Press the home key to view the clock while the screen is on.
Triple pressing the home key
- Double press the home key to open your favorite application. You can change your favorite application in Settings.
- Press the home key 3 times to enable Send help messages when you are in need. For details, go to Settings > Send help messages.
Note: The Safety Assistance option is only available on the Note 3 N9005 (International version)
Navigating GearHome Screen
- Swipe left or right to navigate between screens.
- Tap the screen to select an item or to open an application.
- Swipe downwards from top edge of the Gear screen.
Adding app shortcutsTwo-Finger Interaction
- To add app shortcuts to the Gear's home screen, go to Apps on the Gear, tap and hold an app icon, then drag and drop it on the home icon at the top of the screen.
Removing app shortcuts
- Tap and hold an app icon and then drag and drop it to rearrange the app shortcuts on the Gear's home screen or in the app list.
- Tap and hold an app icon, then drag and drop it on the remove icon at the top of the screen.
Changing icon sizePedometer
Controlling volume and brightness
- Tap the screen with two fingers and then swipe them in opposite directions to change the size of the icons on the home screen from small to large.
Viewing recently used apps
- Double tap any screen with two fingers to open the brightness and volume controls, and to view info, such as bluetooth status and battery status.
- Tap and hold any screen with two fingers to view your recently used apps.
- Tap Start to start using Pedometer. Your steps will be counted each day and recorded in History.
- Tap the screen to pause the step count. To resume, tap the screen again, then tap Resume.
- To view a graph of recently recorded data, tap the more button and select History.
Exercising with coachHeart Rate
- You can set various goals to fit your exercise plan. To set a goal, tap the more button and select Set goal.
- The accessory will offer coaching advice based on your measured heart rate during the exercise.
- Training effect helps you discover how effective your workout is. It analyses your workout and estimates its effect on your aerobic fitness. Follow the guidance on the screen and stop when you are satisfied with the result. The effects of your workouts are calculated based on your user profile, heart rate data, and difficulty of the workout. Your training effect goal changes in relation to your fitness levels, which are calculated automatically when you exercise on more than 3 different days.
- Swipe the screen to the left or right while exercising to change the information displayed.
- To view the graph of recently recorded data, tap the more button and select History.
Measuring heart rateSleep
- Tap the screen to see the correct way of wearing the Gear in order to measure your heart rate.
- To start measuring your heart rate, tap the start button.
- To view a log of your heart rate measurements, tap the more button and select History. Swipe the screen to scroll through previous measurements.
Measuring sleep durationS Voice
- When you are ready to sleep, put the Gear on your wrist and tap Start. If you do not want to be disturbed while sleeping, tap the more options button and enable Blocking mode before you tap Start.
- Tap Stop when you wake up. You can check details of your sleep, such as sleeping time, restless sleeping time and motionless sleeping time.
- Tap the more options button to select History. To view your sleep duration records, tap the graph.
Using mic button.
- Tap the mic button to turn on the mic.
- After you tap the mic button, it will turn red. Then you can say what you want.
- The Gear will then process and respond to what you have said.