[Q] FTL Launcher Pro - How to change dock icons

Search This thread

brg7562

Mar 25, 2008
I know this should be obvious, but I can't figure out how to change the dock icons in FTL Launcher Pro. I don't want to change the activity, simply the icons. Shortcuts don't show up on a long press, so creating a custom shortcut doesn't appear to be the solution. Any ideas?

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I know this should be obvious, but I can't figure out how to change the dock icons in FTL Launcher Pro. I don't want to change the activity, simply the icons. Shortcuts don't show up on a long press, so creating a custom shortcut doesn't appear to be the solution. Any ideas?

REBOOT then try below...
Basic Instructions:

- On first boot, homescreens will be empty. Long-press anywhere and start adding stuff!
- You can add/change the shortcuts on the dock bar: Long-press the place you want, and wait for the a popup to show, allowing you to choose what activity you want there.
- You can uninstall apps directly from the homescreen: long press the shortcut (even in the app drawer), drag it to the trash can that appears where the dock was. If you drop it immediately FTL will only remove the shortcut, but if you wait a bit before droping, FTL will offer to uninstall the app.

brg7562

Mar 25, 2008
Thanks for the info, I did find those instructions, and they work perfectly for shortcuts on the home screen, but not on the dock for some reason. There's no problem changing a shortcut on the dock to another activity with it's default icon for that activity, just no obvious (at least to me) way to change the default icon or apply a custom shortcut (with desired icon).

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Thanks for the info, I did find those instructions, and they work perfectly for shortcuts on the home screen, but not on the dock for some reason. There's no problem changing a shortcut on the dock to another activity with it's default icon for that activity, just no obvious (at least to me) way to change the default icon or apply a custom shortcut (with desired icon).

you have to long press on the dock the open area where there is no icon to put an icon there..a window will pop open to select an activity...to put an icon...on your dock and if you want to change the current icons, you also long press on the icon til the menu opens with a listing of app to change to,....

that is how I did it....hope it works out for you...

Last edited:

brg7562

Mar 25, 2008
A long press on the dock icon, window pops open to select an activity (let's say phone). No problem there. Now all I want to is change the phone icon, not the activity. Another long press just repeats the above.

Sorry for my denseness, maybe you can't do what I'm trying to do...but thanks for the response.

Gerle

Jul 25, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Is it possible to add a contact to the dock? I usually have my wife as a contact on the dock, when I press the icon it will give me the choice between messaging, calling various numbers, etc. In old Launcher pro I know how to make this happen, I'm having a hard time in FTL Pro.