[APP] (5/27/2012) Stock ICS AOSP Messaging (MMS >600K), Keyboard, and more

Search This thread

dimgl

May 4, 2012
Miami, FL
WARNING: All of the APKs in this post are entirely experimental and are not recommended as daily drivers. I will be updating the APKs as best I can but I am not the original author; it will be some time before we find fully working AOSP APKs to replace system apps. Your mileage may vary, use at your own discretion.

OP: What's up everyone? Lately, most of the HTC apps have been getting on my nerves; notably, the Messaging app with its 600k MMS limit and with a few other problems that just grind my gears, like font resizing.

Messaging:

I have found the SMS/MMS APK that works perfect with the One X. It's able to send and receive MMS, and has no noticeable apparent crashes (forwarding crash fixed).

http://goo.gl/qbSJ5

(5/26/2012) I have edited the MMS.apk file to stop it from compressing large images to oblivion. All images will now send at full quality.

It is recommended you make MMS.apk a system app by moving it to /system/app. (5/27/2012) There are reports of the MMS.apk not properly sticking as a system application. I RUU'd back to 1.85, and flashed a rooted 1.85 partition. From here, I deleted the original Message+CRC_1.apk, installed this APK normally, then converted it to a system application. I have had few crashes, I will look into them.

Keyboard:

I also have an ICS keyboard (LatinIME.apk) file that works as a great ICS keyboard. without all of the Play Store non-sense. If you guys need or have dictionaries, let me know and I'll update this post.

http://goo.gl/Z8Htd

Gallery:

http://goo.gl/2ZsI9

(5/27/2012) It has been reported that the Gallery settings do not work. I will look for a better Gallery.apk that functions better with the One X.

Calendar: (5/27/2012)

Here is the AOSP Calendar. It seems to be working fine for me except it shows my Google account twice. Please reply to this thread if you can recreate this bug.

http://goo.gl/LtZAh

I uninstalled the Sense Gallery and the Sense Messaging apps and have noticed no significant flaws. As stated in the beginning of this post, your mileage may vary. If you encounter bugs or problems, reply to this thread. Thank you all for testing these APKs, feel free to PM me with ideas or information on these apps.

Last edited:

waleed90

May 12, 2012
Prosper
How would I go about uninstalling the stock messaging app? When I try to install the MMS Apk it says "an existing package by the same name with a conflicting signature is already installed."

EDIT: Nevermind, used Titanium Backup and put the apk in /system/app

Last edited:

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
Backup with TiBu and move mms.apk to system/app then set permissions.

Had a few fcs and a weird one where mms would show up as unknown number which to my knowledge is impossible lol

Kinda cool actually... After a reboot all is well

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

dimgl

May 4, 2012
Miami, FL
Upload anyways, I wanna see rogers limit :p

<int name="maxMessageSize">5242880</int>
<int name="maxImageHeight">2048</int>
<int name="maxImageWidth">2048</int>

If you send an MMS over 5 MB, good luck to you. The file is attached to this post!

Attachments

• MMS.apk
    734.5 KB · Views: 90

albmob

Dec 7, 2007
Clifton N,J
OK :) thanks
Update : I'm not getting it to install
I used T.B to back up the stock message app then I used root explore to go to system / app then deleted the message app then triad to install the mms.apk but no luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-05-26-14-50-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-26-14-50-24.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 264
  • Screenshot_2012-05-26-14-48-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-05-26-14-48-44.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:

dimgl

May 4, 2012
Miami, FL
OK :) thanks
Update : I'm not getting it to install
I used T.B to back up the stock message app then I used root explore to go to system / app then deleted the message app then triad to install the mms.apk but no luck

Your screenshot from TiBu shows its installed..............

Sent from my HTC One X

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
Well this is a weird one, message sends fine when sent from the existing thread. If sent from the gallery or any other app it creates a new message without switching to mms mode... Now if you stay in this new message and attach the picture again you get this ..

Its like it sends the picture, gets lost and then a blank SMS comes from an unknown number. Btw when you send pictures from existing thread it compressed 1.4mb to 68kb... Somehow tibu deleted my original HTC SMS app so I'll stick with this for now :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338060244360.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338060244360.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 245

broseph23

Jan 17, 2010
Seattle, WA
I still can't get it to work!!! I downloaded the apk, moved the stock messages apk into the downloads folder to back it up, then moved the modded file into the system/app folder. All of this in es file explorer with the system mounted option checked. I tried both clicking the apk to install it and just restarting my phone. Install fails and app isn't in launcher after reboot. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNING: All of the APKs in this post are entirely experimental and are not recommended as daily drivers. I will be updating the APKs as best I can but I am not the original author; it will be some time before we find fully working AOSP APKs to replace system apps. Your mileage may vary, use at your own discretion.

OP: What's up everyone? Lately, most of the HTC apps have been getting on my nerves; notably, the Messaging app with its 600k MMS limit and with a few other problems that just grind my gears, like font resizing.

Messaging:

I have found the SMS/MMS APK that works perfect with the One X. It's able to send and receive MMS, and has no noticeable apparent crashes (forwarding crash fixed).

http://goo.gl/qbSJ5

(5/26/2012) I have edited the MMS.apk file to stop it from compressing large images to oblivion. All images will now send at full quality.

It is recommended you make MMS.apk a system app by moving it to /system/app. (5/27/2012) There are reports of the MMS.apk not properly sticking as a system application. I RUU'd back to 1.85, and flashed a rooted 1.85 partition. From here, I deleted the original Message+CRC_1.apk, installed this APK normally, then converted it to a system application. I have had few crashes, I will look into them.

Keyboard:

I also have an ICS keyboard (LatinIME.apk) file that works as a great ICS keyboard. without all of the Play Store non-sense. If you guys need or have dictionaries, let me know and I'll update this post.

http://goo.gl/Z8Htd

Gallery:

http://goo.gl/2ZsI9

(5/27/2012) It has been reported that the Gallery settings do not work. I will look for a better Gallery.apk that functions better with the One X.

Calendar: (5/27/2012)

Here is the AOSP Calendar. It seems to be working fine for me except it shows my Google account twice. Please reply to this thread if you can recreate this bug.

http://goo.gl/LtZAh

I uninstalled the Sense Gallery and the Sense Messaging apps and have noticed no significant flaws. As stated in the beginning of this post, your mileage may vary. If you encounter bugs or problems, reply to this thread. Thank you all for testing these APKs, feel free to PM me with ideas or information on these apps.
    Working rn on the MMS sending problem where the MMS sends in low quality... Should have a modified APK up soon

I fixed the low quality MMS issue where your pictures would become grainy when sending. Should I upload the MMS.APK? Only downside: some phones may not support really high quality images.
    Which one is better to use? Will every picture I send look grainy if I use the one in the first post?

Yes. I'm personally using the modified one and it's working fantastic.
    Stock messaging app sent this picture at 91kb whereas this sent the same picture at 512kb.