Official update to Gear Nov 15th and more *notifications*!

Search This thread

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
Anyone with the AT&T Note 3 get the update for this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

When you say update the software on your device do you mean the Gear Manager or the actual Note 3 firmware?

Yeah, its nothing like this :(

big samm

Mar 31, 2007
Montreal
Okay. Will someone please give us a rundown of exactly what has been updated and improved?

Look at the pictures you will see the changes... When you go in notification now you have lots more apps to choose from, and the op also said it fixes connectivity problems and works better...

Sent from my SGH-I337M

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
What version of the ROM for the gear is everyone using? I was going to try the UK but I don't find the V700XXUAMJ9 version, But I find it for other country's, Does it really matter?

jonboyuk

May 24, 2007
South West UK
Screen shot of gmail?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Doubter! Tsk. Gmail and whatsapp. You can see FB messenger in there too.

2013-11-15%2013.29.46.jpg

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
Yeah, I'm in US, no updates here either. I just downloaded and installed the new UK version: V700XXUAMK7

How is it working for you?

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Thank you.

So, anyone in The US get it??

Yeah, it looks like we need the firmware update to get all the neat changes. I have updated the gear manager and still get weak notifications

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
Check out this POST it for the UK version (Newest Version out of them ALL (Above J9 version) (Safe for USA people Downloading now for me, T-Mobile USA)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47477859&postcount=23

Device Name: Galaxy Gear
Model: SM-V700
Region: BTU
Version: V700XXUAMK7
OS Version: 4.2.2
Build Date: 13.11.2013
Changelist: 2124806

^^ does this work with the US versions of the gear manager. Better to ask the be sorry lol - nm I just saw the top part....

jonboyuk

May 24, 2007
South West UK

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington

The U.S is now two updates behind. Just download MK7 from Samsung-Updates or the firmware list on the front page. It's a 280MB files so it only takes 20 minutes to download. Use any version of Odin to install it. Put the Gear in download mode by long pressing the power button until it says "rebooting" and then press it again a couple of times until the download menu comes up. Select "download mode" by pressing the button to highlight it. Long press the button to select it. With the Gear in download mode, connect it to your PC and open Odin. Take the .MD5 file you extracted from the downloaded MK7 .zip and put it in "PDA" in Odin and then click start. You should be done in about 5 minutes and your Gear will restart. When it does, unplug it from the USB cable. There's no downside to using another region's f/w on your Gear and the update process doesn't wipe your Gear's data or settings. I don't think Gear's are different h/w wise regionally so you can repeat the above process when an update gets pushed, even if it's for another region, to always keep your Gear on the latest f/w.

In addition to the notification stuff, Samsung's added the ability to "go to the last page" under "Motion" so when you bring your wrist up it returns to what you're doing rather than defaulting to the home page (clock). You can also customize the S Reply messages you can send when you're on a call or responding to a text.

The Gear feels snappier after the update.

jonboyuk

May 24, 2007
South West UK
In addition to the notification stuff, Samsung's added the ability to "go to the last page" under "Motion" so when you bring your wrist up it returns to what you're doing rather than defaulting to the home page (clock).

I had that feature in the previous firmware ;) It's not new to this but if you guys in the US are two behind then you might not have had this yet.

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
The U.S is now two updates behind. Just download MK7 from Samsung-Updates or the firmware list on the front page. It's a 280MB files so it only takes 20 minutes to download. Use any version of Odin to install it. Put the Gear in download mode by long pressing the power button until it says "rebooting" and then press it again a couple of times until the download menu comes up. Select "download mode" by pressing the button to highlight it. Long press the button to select it. With the Gear in download mode, connect it to your PC and open Odin. Take the .MD5 file you extracted from the downloaded MK7 .zip and put it in "PDA" in Odin and then click start. You should be done in about 5 minutes and your Gear will restart. When it does, unplug it from the USB cable. There's no downside to using another region's f/w on your Gear and the update process doesn't wipe your Gear's data or settings. I don't think Gear's are different h/w wise regionally so you can repeat the above process when an update gets pushed, even if it's for another region, to always keep your Gear on the latest f/w.

In addition to the notification stuff, Samsung's added the ability to "go to the last page" under "Motion" so when you bring your wrist up it returns to what you're doing rather than defaulting to the home page (clock). You can also customize the S Reply messages you can send when you're on a call or responding to a text.

It seems they always forget about the US. I just talked and samsung and they wont even say if we are getting an update.

Reactions: ngmwngpnt

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
Would it matter if my phone was rooted with custom recovery? I won't get the update will I? Would I just have to Odin it?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

almulder1092

Oct 11, 2013
Would it matter if my phone was rooted with custom recovery? I won't get the update will I? Would I just have to Odin it?

Your not updating the ROM on your Phone, Just the Gear APP, and then Updating the ROM on the Gear. The app should auto update if not uninstall and download the new gear manager.apk and install, then download then new gear rom and update via odin.

jbarresi19

Oct 24, 2011
Your not updating the ROM on your Phone, Just the Gear APP, and then Updating the ROM on the Gear. The app should auto update if not uninstall and download the new gear manager.apk and install, then download then new gear rom and update via odin.

I have Null custom rom running on my gear....I did get the update through gear manager though....so now I'm wondering if I should reset gear to custom or not. I also can't connect to wondershare (I believe that's what it is called) to side load apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today sees a really useful update to the Galaxy Gear.

BEFORE UPGRADING - Please note that V700XXUAMK7 will break exchange email notifications. At this point in time, no one knowns if it's intentional or not.

It provides:

- Full notifications for any app which can form status bar notifications
    - Preset text message replies if you don't have time to write/voice one
    - Rapid access to s-voice
    - Better range between the phone/watch
    - Better handling of notifications
    - Better connection generally between the phone/watch

Your watch will need firmware: V700XXUAMK7
    Phone software to version 1.5.111304

Couple of notes: I am using a UK (Mocha Grey) Gear with a UK Samsung Note 3 and the update was OTA.

2013-11-15%2013.29.46.jpg

Screenshot_2013-11-15-09-53-01.png
    Screenshots_2013-11-15-11-12-06.png
    Screenshot_2013-11-15-09-53-22.png
    Just updated with Odin using the new firmware on a Verizon Note 3 USA Gear combo and everything is working good for me, save Exchange as everyone already knows is bonkers ATM.

For those that were lost like me initially, :)
    Downloaded the Stock Firmware http://uploaded.net/file/njroq150
    Downloaded this Odin http://www.4shared.com/rar/ZUA2B1FW/Odin307.html
    Once Odin was downloaded I just extracted to Desktop
    Once the firmware was downloaded I extracted the two files inside to the Odin folder I had just put on the Desktop

Put the Gear into Download mode (at the watch home screen, hold power until it says watch rebooting, rapid press the power button until you get to a menu with three options, press the power button three times quickly, should move selection to Download mode, hold power about 3 seconds and release, should be in download mode! :D )

Connect everything up via USB to PC (I am assuming everyone has the USB Drivers, if not http://hotfile.com/dl/247408965/8a6739d/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_v1.5.27.0.exe.html)

Launch Odin
    Odin should identify the watch as (0:[COMxx]).
    Check PDA and press the button. Select the file V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5
    Then Press Start
    Sit back and wait, Gear should reboot and show the upgrading android animation and Odin will display PASS in green if all went well and its safe to exit and disconnect.

Hope this helps people that were confused like me. :D
    Mirrors

Should be a bit faster!

Firmware

Odin

Looks like may need updated firmware to take advantage of extra notifications :(

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 PM ----------

Does anybody already have the latest .apk available, because of the samsung store region lock i have no access to it.
    Yep, check the link in my sig