[ROM-AOSP] OFFICIAL CM11.0 KFire HD 7 (KK 4.4.2) [05/20 CAMERA/AUDIO FIXES]

Search This thread

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
You know, this is just a beta release. I'm sure all the customizations will eventually be integrated. Patience friends, lol.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM 11 KitKat 4.4 using xda app-developers

degiovab

Dec 22, 2011
Did anyone find a way to synch bookmarks within the AOSP browser?
I only see the "local" ones.

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
I found stuttering issue too but its not a real nuissance.

yvydader.jpg

For your own custom Sig : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1922304

soulctcher

Jan 4, 2012
Before I flash this, can anyone tell me if the sound in Dolby apps like Netflix is fixed? 10.1/10.2 had low volume. (I use the tablet on Netflix when I'm on the treadmill and couldn't hear it on the CM10 roms, so I had to move back to Kinology.)

Brodal

Jul 10, 2009
Radom
I can feel diffrence with sound in every apps I already downloaded!

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using xda app-developers app

soulctcher

Jan 4, 2012
I can feel diffrence with sound in every apps I already downloaded!

There is a specific problem with Dolby apps having a very low max volume on the CM 10.1/2 releases. I need to know if that specific issue is resolved before I go through the steps of re-flashing again.

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
I never had any audio issues ever so my response is there are no issues with audio. I did test on Netflix too.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM 11 KitKat 4.4 using xda app-developers

Strainer

Feb 26, 2009
I never had any audio issues ever so my response is there are no issues with audio. I did test on Netflix too.

Another question: I read that with Android 4.4, Adobe Flash Player support was removed, even for Browsers like Dolphin. Can you confirm it for this ROM or does Flash Player work?

Thanks

SteelTallon

Jul 16, 2008
Nice!

Just flashed this morning. Awesome work! Everything seems to work great.

Only issue so far is DSP manager fc when starting Google music. I disabled it and used another EQ.

Thanks for the hard work!!!

Sn0wdune

Jan 15, 2013
Issue

Flashed this first time and worked great and all.

Turned it on earlier today and it wouldn't get past the kindle fire logo (when its blue). After a while, it brings up a kind of this white fuzziness which seems to cover up the whole screen in a matter of 10 seconds, if that.

Any solutions please? Never faced this before.

Also, flashed back to stock and tried to re-flash but does the same thing.

EDIT: Hmm it seems its got past the fuzziness part now after a while of waiting. Hasn't done this before. Is it a bug or is it just me whos having this problem?

Last edited:

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Last edited:

Fireator

Apr 8, 2013
This ROM is great and the only problem I'm experiencing is with the landscape mode of Launcher. The google search bar stays at the top and covers the icons of the apps I have located at the top of my home screen. Dunno if this is related to the screen flip problem that hasn't been fixed yet.
Other than that my tablet is moving smoothly. Thanks for the good work!

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
Great using experiense with this ROM!!!! Thanks a lot!!!
There is only one serious issue i get - opening videos in you tube has to be done 2-3 times to work, almost every time it gives an error (action is denied or action is not permited), but when i reload video it works.
And small issue with google search widget, how can i switch it off? I didn't find an option yet.

Been looking for that as well, based on earlier posts, sounds like there is still stuff being worked on and included.

I don't have a lot of experience with ROMs, but this seems very stable for so early in the process. Working fine for me. Excellent work and very excited for the future!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Works fine on my end! The only problem I'm having with my snappy kindle is the fact that the Settings app causes a SystemUI FC when doing the "KitKat Tiles" easter egg.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11.0 for the Kindle Fire HD 7"

*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! WHILE I TRY MY BEST TO PROVIDE WORKING KERNELS/ROMS, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SOFTWARE OR ANYTHING I'VE WORKED ON SUDDENLY FRIES YOUR DEVICE. ***

BEFORE YOU BEGIN MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A 2ND-BOOTLOADER AND TWRP 2.7.0.0 INSTALLED CORRECTLY AND CAN SEE THE BLUE LOGO DURING BOOTUP:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2128848

NIGHTLY BUILDS SHOULD BEGIN IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS:
    Official CM Downloads:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=tate

Download Google Apps for CM11:
    [UPDATED: 01/05] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Unofficial builds can be found here (in the cm11 folder):
    Mirror 1: Download (Goo.im)
    Mirror 2: Download (Crackflasher)

PLEASE BE SURE TO WIPE SYSTEM & DATA/CACHE (FACTORY RESET) BEFORE UPGRADING TO ANDROID 4.4.
    (It's the "Wipe" button and then "System" and then "Factory Reset" button in TWRP -- this does NOT clear your sdcard space)

CHANGES (always includes CM changes):
    • [04/14] Kernel cleanup including bugfix for app-asec related APP crashes
    • [04/14] Partition mount flag cleanup
    • [03/25] Bugfix for streaming video where stream dies every 4-5mins (specifically Google Play Movies)
    • [03/15] Testing 128mb of ZRAM use
    • [03/15] Added KSM and ZRAM to kernel
    • [03/15] MMC discard / trim fix
    • [01/17] Kernel updated to google/common 3.0.72
    • [01/17] "Manufacturer" and "Brand" props changed to: Android / Google for app compatibility
    • [11/25] First CM11.0 build
    • [11/15] SElinux now included in the kernel and set to permissive. I don't recommend turning it to enforcing as I'm still debugging the "deny" messages.
    • [08/12] All new "from source" sensor driver[/B]
    • [08/12] Temp. disable light sensor (due to recode of sensor driver)
    • [07/31] First CM10.2 build

FEATURES / WORKING:
    • 3.0.72 kernel (up from a stock 3.0.8 kernel). This includes updates from Texas Instruments, Google and Kernel.org.
    • PowerVR Graphics Drivers: DDK 1.9@2291151 for Android (Jellybean compatible)
    • Audio
    • Camera
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Sensors
    • HWAcceleration
    • HD Codecs for YouTubeHD and Netflix
    • HDMI video out is now correct and work across several resolutions. YMMV

DEVS
    BUILDING THIS ROM:

First, read through Google's Android website about "how to setup a build environment":
    http://source.android.com/source/initializing.html

[ COMING SOON ]

SCREEN SHOTS:

XDA:DevDB Information
    OFFICIAL CM11.0 KFire HD 7 (KK 4.4.2), ROM for the Amazon 7" Kindle Fire HD

Contributors
    Hashcode
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2014-05-20

Created 2013-11-26
    Last Updated 2014-05-27
    As you some of you may have noticed: I have a new job working with Linaro Mobile Group beginning 9/1/2014.

This is a HUGE change in my professional career, and I want to be 100% focused on my current duties.

This means, that I will be ending my support for the Kindle Fire devices as official CM maintainer.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be working with CM to get a replacement dev to step in and continue updates / tweaks to the device.

For more information:
    https://plus.google.com/111109372727398356624/posts/AtoJ3xLj35b

Lastly, ending my support for the Kindles was a VERY difficult choice. My TODO list is long and extensive with plans for updates well into next year ... To not get around to really polishing many of these builds makes me a bit sad.

BUT, this is where YOU (the community) can step in and make a difference. Continue to push these devices onward. I wish you all well.
    Reserved

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • When plugged into some chargers, touchscreen shows ghost touch info
    • Bluetooth tether (to say a phone for internet) doesn't seem to be working correctly
    • Accelerometer can stop working occasionally. Needs debugging. (this seems better lately)
    • Ambient light sensor needs to be re-coded as an IIO driver
    • Headphones / BT audio route testing (plugging / unplugging can cause stuck audio)
    • Fix USB OTG support in the kernel
    • Better HDMI support for more resolutions
    • No Amazon Prime Video support
    • No Dolby audio support
    • "Cast Screen" does not function correctly under Settings -> Display
    • [FIXED-2014-05-20] Audio HAL cleanup and use system/media audio-route sources
    • [FIXED-2014-05-20] More camera tweaks
    • [FIXED-2014-05-13] Hardware Decoder/Encoder support update to KK-based sources
    • [FIXED-2014-05-13] Camera could use a small update for better handling
    • [FIXED-2014-05-02] Audio low latency issues when cover is closed or 2 apps play audio at once (stuttering)
    • [FIXED-2014-04-18] VPN has issues, needs debugging
    • [FIXED-2014-04-15] Possible other game issues, but I need more examples of games that don't run
    Hi Guys,

I'm nearly finished debugging the KFire HD 7" CM12.0 build. It's pretty close.

For those that are interested (and daring), I've pushed all of my work up to the CyanogenMod trees and you can run test builds of your own. Use at your own risk currently.

Happy Holidays
    If you haven't seen the posting... the Kindle Fire HD's were accepted into CM's official repos and will begin receiving nightly updates once a repo name change happens. Probably another day or 2.

Also, the first CM nightly will contain a bugfix for the apps which crash due to large libraries in /mnt/asec.

Previously, users were reinstalling the app w/ TitaniumBackup to fix this issue.

This affected many many apps and was in general a real hassle.