[RECOVERY][DROID RAZR HD][KitKat ONLY] ClockWorkMod Recovery 6.0.4.9 [2014-06-08]

Search This thread

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.4.9 for DROID RAZR HD/M

This is ONLY for users that have upgraded to stock KitKat
You must have an unlocked bootloader to use custom recovery

Download: CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

To install you must have fastboot set up on your pc and then:
Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

You can then flash the root package of your choice.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

sunkim50

Aug 4, 2010
Dhacker. You the man. Thanks for not forgetting about us.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
1. Does this unlock my bootloader.
2. Can I use this on my Xolo?
3. Can you please fix WiFi on AOSP for Xolo?
4. Can you please stop being a donkey.
5. When can I expect you to stop being a whore?

Last edited:

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
Everyone could use a nice door Stop​

Youcandoit.jpg

Reactions: JoseBerga

CamoCustom

Apr 16, 2012
I know at least the AHD and RHD have about a 10MB recovery size, thats how i knew it probably would work. I'd say yours is about the same size too since it is part of the same family.

I had another M user confirmed it works but when I fastboot it says OK but still goes to stock recovery

Sent from my DROID Razr M using Tapatalk

LifeAsADroid

Sep 17, 2012
Awesomeville, USA
@dhacker29 - You the man. Been a follower of your work for a while now. Thanks for the CWM update. Personally I'm a TWRP guy so can't wait until the kernel source is released to get a TWRP version for the stock 4.4.2 on XT926's.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockWorkMod Recovery v6.0.4.9 for DROID RAZR HD/M

This is ONLY for users that have upgraded to stock KitKat
    You must have an unlocked bootloader to use custom recovery

Download: CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

To install you must have fastboot set up on your pc and then:
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery CWM6049-RAZR-HD_M-KITKAT.img

You can then flash the root package of your choice.

Enjoy!
    It will be possible to start working on proper recovery builds only after the kernel source release.
    Till that time, don't expect any fixes. Demands won't bring it magically.
    The source release should happen in a matter of days, please be patient.
    You need to plug phone into computer and run those 2 commands adb and fastboot. Do you have java installed on your pc? If not you can download it or download a adb fastboot package... Google it. Its a little involved. I'm sure there is a thread

---------- Post added at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

I'm a noob and don't understand the instructions. I would love to read some instructions for dummies if anyone is willing. For example, I dont know what to do after going into fastboot.

I have already unlocked the boot ladder and upgraded to kitkat.[/QUOT

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_nizg6yUZ0NdmlqU1k0dXdHbGs/edit

@sheep348
    you already have adb and fastboot, its in the razr utility dir you used yesterday to flash.
    edit- install java on your pc as previously stated, i didnt know this was needed but already had it installed. (im still not positive this is actually needed)
    1. go to settings/about phone and tap the "build number" repeatedly until it says you are a developer
    2. back up 1 screen and there will be a new menu called "developer options". inside @ the top turn it on and agree to the prompt, then scroll down and turn on "usb debugging".
    3. some new drivers may install if you already plugged into your pc, wait until there done before proceeding. also in later steps new drivers may install, always wait until they are done before proceeding.
    4. put this zip on your sd card http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfpb67cja347yat/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.99.zip (or the current version of su zip)
    5. go to the razr utility dir and open the dir only, dont start the utility.
    6. hold shift then right click (not over a file) and choose "open command prompt here"
    7. type in the command prompt, adb devices
    there should be a string of numbers or some sort of text identifying your phone. if nothing is displayed or it says no device found, you have done one of the previous steps wrong or dont have the current moto drivers installed.
    if it says "unauthorized" next to the numbers, there will be a promp on the phone, click ok on the prompt and repeat the devices command and you should be all set.
    assuming it showed your phone, proceed.
    8. now type in, adb reboot bootloader
    your phone should automatically reboot to the ap fastboot screen you were using yesterday. (watch for new drivers to install and wait if needed)
    9. now type in, fastboot flash recovery xt926-KK-CWM-6048.img
    it should only take a few seconds, then report complete. it sends the file, then writes it. make sure its done before proceeding.
    10. unplug the usb cable then tap the power button to shut the phone off.
    now hold both vol buttons and power to get back to the pre boot menu and choose "recovery". within a few seconds the new cwm recovery should display. if it doesnt (it took me a few tries for some reason) repeat step 10 until it does.
    11. assuming you got in, use the vol keys to navigate and the power key to choose. choose install zip then choose zip from storage/sdcard1 then navigate to the "update-super-su zip" and choose it, navigate/click yes to install.
    12. when complete, navigate and select "go back" as many times as needed until you see an option to reboot phone and select it.
    likely it will prompt you to answer 1 or2 questions because this is a new install, answer yes to both and it should reboot.
    13. Profit :p you should have root.

if anything doesnt work as i explained, start over, it took me 2/3 tries and i almost know what im doing lol
    It will be possible to start working on proper recovery builds only after the kernel source release.
    Till that time, don't expect any fixes. Demands won't bring it magically.
    The source release should happen in a matter of days, please be patient.

[rant]
    i lol and get mad in the same instant, when some tool demands or implies you great devs owe us fixes right away.

people should be grateful for what they have, which is better than nothing, because nothing is exactly what you will get if you piss off the devs who make this great stuff for us, for FREE.

the growing lack of respect for developers is sickening.
    [/rant]

thanks to all the devs, without them these forums would be dead!!