[Q] hope I didn't ruin my s3...

Search This thread

drumrjoe

Oct 26, 2009
ok, well.. I should probably just stick to drumming, eh?

I used saferoot method to root my s3 with 4.3 update..

I just figured out that i did successfully root the phone, but did not unlock the bootloader.

I figured this out when I tried to make a backup of my phone and got the yellow triangle at startup

So far in Odin the VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 fails..

however the kernal.tar passes, but the phone doesn't load anything past the black and white verizon samsung galaxy III page...

I guess I am looking for help on how to get back to stock and where to find the right stock rom??

I do have this file "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5" but don't want to try flashing it for fear of bricking..

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks in advance.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
ok, well.. I should probably just stick to drumming, eh?

I used saferoot method to root my s3 with 4.3 update..

I just figured out that i did successfully root the phone, but did not unlock the bootloader.

I figured this out when I tried to make a backup of my phone and got the yellow triangle at startup

So far in Odin the VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 fails..

however the kernal.tar passes, but the phone doesn't load anything past the black and white verizon samsung galaxy III page...

I guess I am looking for help on how to get back to stock and where to find the right stock rom??

I do have this file "KIES_HOME_I535VRBMF1_1152558_REV09_user_low_ship.tar.md5" but don't want to try flashing it for fear of bricking..

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

thanks in advance.

You are stuck on TW 4.3 since you took the OTA. You can only root and you can not Odin flash anything except the bloated 4.3 VRUCML1 tar. You can not downgrade your firmware in any capacity. There is absolutely no flashing any custom roms/kernels/mods/recoveries.

If you can turn the phone on, boot into download mode and Odin flash the 4.3 image via Odin. If the phone does not turn on at all, then perform this hard brick method.

drumrjoe

Oct 26, 2009
You are stuck on TW 4.3 since you took the OTA. You can only root and you can not Odin flash anything except the bloated 4.3 VRUCML1 tar. You can not downgrade your firmware in any capacity. There is absolutely no flashing any custom roms/kernels/mods/recoveries.

If you can turn the phone on, boot into download mode and Odin flash the 4.3 image via Odin. If the phone does not turn on at all, then perform this hard brick method.

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! Thank You!!!! Just got done with the instructions and I have just rebooted...

:good:

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you!!!! Thank you!!! Thank You!!!! Just got done with the instructions and I have just rebooted...

:good: