[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0] LineageOS 16.0 [BETA][20.09.2020]

Search This thread

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
Code:
/*
 * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hi all,

This is an unofficial Pie build for the Galaxy S3 (i9300) based on LineageOS 16.0.

Most of the ROM features are working, but the overall state might be not stable or not suitable for a daily use. This is an alpha quality build. Don't install this ROM as your daily driver.

This work is heavily based on works of forkbomb444 (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 14.1), rINanDO (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 16.0) and A$teroid (thanks for cherry-picks I took from his kernel).

What is working:
  • Boots
  • Audio (playback && recording)
  • Bluetooth
  • Graphics
  • Camera
  • Sensors
  • RIL (SMS, mobile data, calls)
  • Wifi
  • USB
  • Video playback (HW/SW)

What is not working:

• GPS
  • SIM PIN unlock doesn't work
  • maybe yet something

Reporting bugs

When reporting reboots, please produce log below as follows
(using adb or terminal)
Code:
su
cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt
and attach in this thread.

If reporting another issues
Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
A rough timestamp of when the issue occurred is also useful.

to quickly & easily capture logcat (Main log), Kernel log (dmesg) & Last Kernel log (last_kmsg which is important in case of unwanted reboot) without using a computer + adb or use a Terminal emulator on the phone:
  1. Root the phone
  2. Developer Options > Store logger data persistently on device > select All. More info about it here on developer.android.com
  3. Install the free SysLog. (screenshot)

View attachment 4644180
  4. Reboot the phone & reproduce the problem(s).
  5. Open Syslog & select logcat, dmesg & last_kmsg. Add some significant keywords in the bottom including in Notes describing the bug & hit Take log.
  6. The individual logs + a .zip of all of them will be saved in /sdcard/Syslog. You must rename them .txt to be able to attach them to an XDA post like logcat.log > logcat_log.txt for example. Or you can choose Share which will .zip them & then you can attach to a post or upload somewhere & link to in your post if the .zip is too big for XDA's attachment service (20 MB max).
Done! And make the dev happy. :cool:

Bug Reports & Logs?
If the phone is not rooted you can grant this permission to enable Syslog using ADB (15 seconds ADB Installer) & a computer:
  • adb shell pm grant com.tortel.syslog android.permission.READ_LOGS
You can also install an app like MatLog to analyse the logcat, filter it, search in it, export files etc but Syslog is fast & easy. If not rooted grant permission for MatLog:
  • adb shell pm grant com.pluscubed.matlog android.permission.READ_LOGS

SIM PIN code unlock feature is disabled to locking issues in build #6. Make sure to unlock the SIM PIN before flashing this build.

Download:

Credits:

If you like my work and want to thank me, feel free to buy a coffee :)

Thanks to it'sup, someOn3 and leleobhz for donations!

Source code:
XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 16.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S III I9300

Contributors
ChronoMonochrome, rINanDO, A$teroid
Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_i9300/tree/lineage-16.0

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-12-05
Last Updated 2020-09-20

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
Changelogs

Changelog

20.09.2020 - build #7

• Sources update (September 2020 ASB)
  • Enabled NearbyMessagingService back (this seemed to break google account login)
  • GPS fix (credits to @rINanDO)
  • Updated kernel to LK 3.4.67
  • Added CPU and GPU OC
  • Added more CPU governors (including ZZMoove)

8.02.2020 - build #6

• Sources update (January 2020 ASB)
  • Fixed gralloc / ION issue
  • Revert Lights HAL to passthrough implementation
  • Readded Boeffla Sound and LED charging indication (available in /vendor/etc/init/tweaks.rc, everything is disabled by default)
  • Disabled SIM PIN unlocking (please make sure to unlock SIM PIN before flashing this build)
  • Disabled NearbyMessagingService (thanks @SethGeckoXDA for pointing to this change)

8.02.2020 - build #6

• Readded Boeffla Sound and LED charging indication (available in /vendor/etc/init/tweaks.rc, everything is disabled by default)
  • Disabled SIM PIN unlocking (please make sure to unlock SIM PIN before flashing this build)
  • Disabled NearbyMessagingService (thanks @SethGeckoXDA for pointing to this change)

Known bugs:
  • GPS

Download:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261719044

3.01.2020 - build #5

• Sources update (December 2019 ASB)
  • New kernel based on 3.0 (i9100) - credits to @rINanDO
  • LiveDisplay fix
  • SIM detection fix

Known bugs:
  • GPS
  • LED charging indication doesn't work
  • Gralloc sometimes runs out of ION memory. This can cause uncorrect work of some WebView or 3D applications.

Download:
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261692243

6.12.2019 - build #4

• Sources update (November 2019 ASB)
  • Fix unlocking SIM PIN (credits to @rINanDO)
  • Fix incall audio

Known bugs:
  • GPS
  • Gralloc sometimes runs out of ION memory. This can cause uncorrect work of some WebView or 3D applications.

If you encounter any weird issues please make sure to make a clean install.

4.12.2019 - build #3

This build is using a new kernel (LK 3.18.140). The main differences I would like to list are following:
  • more adequate CPUfreq driver (no governors like PegasusQ are included, the default CPU governor is Ondemand).
  • CPUidle fixes (power consumption in deepsleep should be better than in 3.4 kernel)
  • possibly, better memory management (but don't expect too much, this ROM is really heavy for that small amount of RAM)

Known bugs:
  • GPS

9.03.2019 - build #2

• A long list of fixes that are common with LOS 15.1 (see "Known Issues" below)
  • Updated sources to 9.0.0_r31
  • PowerHAL improvements (credits to @rINanDO for original code)
  • Increase memory heap size for Gapps (credits to @linusdan)
  • Kernel init.d script 94kernel is moved as /vendor/etc/init/tweaks.rc
  • Removed in-built SU

Known Issues
  • Graphical artifacts *
  • Camera often freezes when starting video record
  • Sometimes (rarely) magnetometer doesn't work
  • Maybe more
There is also a rare bug with PackageInstaller that prevents installer window to be minimized (which is probably related to our buggy graphics libs).
Warning: I have not tested installation with Gapps, but according to S2 thread, Gapps installation can cause some device lagging during the startup.

5.12.2018 - build #1

• initial release

Last edited:

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
Misc

Screenshots

thumb0001.png

thumb0098.png

thumb0136.png

thumb0187.png

thumb0197.png

thumb0230.png

WiFi Fix

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69018243&postcount=274

Last edited:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hi all,

This is an unofficial Pie build for the Galaxy S3 (i9300) based on LineageOS 16.0.

Most of the ROM features are working, but the overall state might be not stable or not suitable for a daily use. This is an alpha quality build. Don't install this ROM as your daily driver.

This work is heavily based on works of forkbomb444 (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 14.1), rINanDO (thanks for device tree, kernel and device patches for LOS 16.0) and A$teroid (thanks for cherry-picks I took from his kernel).

What is working:
Boots
Audio (playback && recording)
Bluetooth
Graphics
Camera (photos only)
Sensors
RIL (SMS, mobile data, calls)
Wifi
USB
Video playback (HW/SW)

What is not working:

Video recording
HW video playback might be not working for a certain video codecs types
Screenshots
Sensors (accelerometer & magnetometer)
GPS
AppOps is broken, every app can get root capabilities without user confirmation. I probably should repeat again, don't use this ROM if S3 is your main phone.
maybe yet something

Reporting bugs

(using adb or terminal)

Download:

AndroidFileHost

Credits:
rINanDO
A$teroid
Option58
AdrianDC
forkbomb444
Lord Boeffla
mkaluza
pascua28
LineageOS team
Nameless ROM
I really hope I didn't miss here anyone who deserves credits for their amazing works

https://paypal.me/ChronoMonochrome

Thanks to it'sup for donation!

Source code:Manifest: LOS 16.0
Device: i9300, smdk4412-common
Kernel: LOS 16.0

Contributors
Source Code:https://github.com/CustomROMs/android/tree/lineage-16.1-i9300

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2018-12-05
Last Updated 2018-12-05
Nice job my friend ?❤️??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your (probably expired) warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Hi all,

What is working:
    • Boots
    • Audio (playback && recording)
    • Bluetooth
    • Graphics
    • Camera
    • Sensors
    • RIL (SMS, mobile data, calls)
    • Wifi
    • USB
    • Video playback (HW/SW)

What is not working:

• GPS
    • SIM PIN unlock doesn't work
    • maybe yet something

Reporting bugs

(using adb or terminal)
    Code:
    su
    cat /proc/last_kmsg > /sdcard/last_kmsg.txt

Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    A rough timestamp of when the issue occurred is also useful.

to quickly & easily capture logcat (Main log), Kernel log (dmesg) & Last Kernel log (last_kmsg which is important in case of unwanted reboot) without using a computer + adb or use a Terminal emulator on the phone:
    1. Root the phone
    2. Developer Options > Store logger data persistently on device > select All. More info about it here on developer.android.com
    3. Install the free SysLog. (screenshot)

View attachment 4644180
    4. Reboot the phone & reproduce the problem(s).
    5. Open Syslog & select logcat, dmesg & last_kmsg. Add some significant keywords in the bottom including in Notes describing the bug & hit Take log.
    6. The individual logs + a .zip of all of them will be saved in /sdcard/Syslog. You must rename them .txt to be able to attach them to an XDA post like logcat.log > logcat_log.txt for example. Or you can choose Share which will .zip them & then you can attach to a post or upload somewhere & link to in your post if the .zip is too big for XDA's attachment service (20 MB max).
    Done! And make the dev happy. :cool:

Bug Reports & Logs?
    If the phone is not rooted you can grant this permission to enable Syslog using ADB (15 seconds ADB Installer) & a computer:
    • adb shell pm grant com.tortel.syslog android.permission.READ_LOGS
    You can also install an app like MatLog to analyse the logcat, filter it, search in it, export files etc but Syslog is fast & easy. If not rooted grant permission for MatLog:
    • adb shell pm grant com.pluscubed.matlog android.permission.READ_LOGS

SIM PIN code unlock feature is disabled to locking issues in build #6. Make sure to unlock the SIM PIN before flashing this build.

Download:

Credits:

Thanks to it'sup, someOn3 and leleobhz for donations!

Source code:

Contributors
    Source Code: https://github.com/CustomROMs/android_local_manifests_i9300/tree/lineage-16.0

ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x

Version Information

Created 2018-12-05
    Last Updated 2020-09-20
    Changelogs

Changelog

20.09.2020 - build #7

• Sources update (September 2020 ASB)
    • Enabled NearbyMessagingService back (this seemed to break google account login)
    • GPS fix (credits to @rINanDO)
    • Updated kernel to LK 3.4.67
    • Added CPU and GPU OC
    • Added more CPU governors (including ZZMoove)

8.02.2020 - build #6

8.02.2020 - build #6

Known bugs:
    • GPS

Download:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261719044

3.01.2020 - build #5

• Sources update (December 2019 ASB)
    • New kernel based on 3.0 (i9100) - credits to @rINanDO
    • LiveDisplay fix
    • SIM detection fix

Known bugs:
    • GPS
    • LED charging indication doesn't work

Download:
    https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261692243

6.12.2019 - build #4

• Sources update (November 2019 ASB)
    • Fix unlocking SIM PIN (credits to @rINanDO)
    • Fix incall audio

Known bugs:
    • GPS

If you encounter any weird issues please make sure to make a clean install.

4.12.2019 - build #3

This build is using a new kernel (LK 3.18.140). The main differences I would like to list are following:
    • more adequate CPUfreq driver (no governors like PegasusQ are included, the default CPU governor is Ondemand).
    • CPUidle fixes (power consumption in deepsleep should be better than in 3.4 kernel)
    • possibly, better memory management (but don't expect too much, this ROM is really heavy for that small amount of RAM)

Known bugs:
    • GPS

9.03.2019 - build #2

• Removed in-built SU

Known Issues
    • Graphical artifacts *
    • Maybe more
    There is also a rare bug with PackageInstaller that prevents installer window to be minimized (which is probably related to our buggy graphics libs).
    Warning: I have not tested installation with Gapps, but according to S2 thread, Gapps installation can cause some device lagging during the startup.

5.12.2018 - build #1

• initial release
    New build is up!

Hi, a lot of time spent since the latest release :)
    A lot of stuff have been fixed, but because I feel there are still some hard-to-debug bugs left, I'll leave the status of the build as Alpha (at least until I figure out a full list of bugs).

9.03.2019 - build #2

• Removed in-built SU

Known Issues
    • Graphical artifacts *
    • Maybe more
    Mr @ChronoMonochrome
    Given that the lineageos team has begun merging LOS 16 to LOS 17 ...
    Will you be back to this device(S3 i9300) with Android 10?

I have already attempted booting Android 10 preview, but haven't had enough luck to manage it pass the bootanimation.
    Another good news: many developers are still working on exynos4 mainline kernel, e.g. ReplicantOS team and even some people from CAF.
    So we probably must see some great things will come soon to this device.