Advice??? Not note related

Search This thread

jayRokk

Jan 12, 2012
Rack City

lmolloy

Nov 27, 2008
My son just got the lg thrill. End of life phone, but loves the screen 4 the games & its quick. Hes got it loaded with games & tunes already. Plus android allows him to customize the phone, too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

popi09

Sep 17, 2011
I didn't get my first smartphone till I graduated HS. Now I'm seeing 7-8 year olds with the 4S.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

Whizzpopper

Apr 4, 2012
Iowa
When I read your first post I thought, "I understand. I've got two kids and they want iPhones etc. too." They're both approaching their teenage years though. 5!? Well, when my son was 8 his best friend got an iPod touch. Couldn't believe it. What does an 8 year old do with a Touch aside from play games? (nothing is the answer, btw). I cursed the parents too because after that every kid in class wanted an iPod touch. About a month later, the iPod Touch had died. The boy thought it needed a wash, so he put it in the bath! :D $300 gone. That put an end to any uncertainty for most parents.

And just look around on the web about complaints from parents about children's games that ratchet up $200 bills for ammo and the like.

So, the answer: stick with Fisher Price for the next 10 years.

jacob1189

Apr 20, 2012
funny, i just bought my step dad a captivate after he was considering an iPhone. honestly though, I'd let the kid have whatever he wants that's in your price range... if he's in school and what not he probably just wants some attention for it and iPhone's seem to get attention that better phones should, but oh well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone with kids ... my stepson wants a phone .. he insists on iPhone because other kids have iPod touches .. I personally don't like Mac though they make a great product ... what do you guys suggest? :confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Get him a GooApple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_It1GAtuQk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Kids love the iPhone its the phone of choice for them. Since everyone has it it makes it easier for them to use because they all show each other what to do on it. All three of my kids have it. :thumbup:
    Too simplistic for me bit then I don't use one.:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium
    I'd say buy them the iphone as long as you were planning on spending that much on a phone for them.
    Show her the gs2. She may want the iphone, but if shes kinda like me and sees what the gs2 can do, then get her that 99 dollar phone that literally beats the living crap out of iphone.
    LOL i was like 5! You got me...:D:p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5