[Q] Going back to stock

Search This thread

iKeirNez

Mar 15, 2014
I have been using the Android Revolution HD ROM for a bit but I would like to go back to the stock HTC Sense ROMs as the Sense 6 update is about to come out in the UK.

I'm kinda new to this and I believe I need to run an RUU to be able to receive OTA updates.

Here is the output from fastboot getvar all:

C:\fastboot>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.56.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.25.3263.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 4.19.401.11
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno: [REMOVED]
(bootloader) imei: [REMOVED]
(bootloader) meid: [REMOVED]
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4300mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-4dab9d12
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.044s

Also apparently if you installed a custom recovery, it breaks OTA updates, is this true?

iKeirNez

Mar 15, 2014
I used ruu_m7_ul_k44_sense55_mr_htc_europe_4-19-401-9_r_radio_4a-23-3263-28_10-38r-1157-04l_release_353069_signed_2-1 (can't post link) one but it didn't work, I later found out the bootloader had to be locked, so I did that and it worked :D.

Thanks anyway,
Keir

Destr0y3r

Apr 23, 2014
Moto G50
Apparently it's true , but i only know it for my device (moto G) i had to recover the stock firmware and KitKat update for OTAs to work correctly :)

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Destr0y3r

Apr 23, 2014
Moto G50
The only problem is that by this method of restoring to stock firmware you lost root , but don't fret , your bootloader will be always unlocked if you mess it up.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

Destr0y3r

Apr 23, 2014
Moto G50
It's up to you if you root , however i heard that by rooting the device you could possibly lose the ability to install OTAs , idk maybe you could research more about this not sure... Anyways if you root the phone , install xposed framework and GravityBox [KK] Preety awesome if you want to have custom things on your phone.

iKeirNez

Mar 15, 2014
It's up to you if you root , however i heard that by rooting the device you could possibly lose the ability to install OTAs , idk maybe you could research more about this not sure... Anyways if you root the phone , install xposed framework and GravityBox [KK] Preety awesome if you want to have custom things on your phone.

Okay, thanks. I used xposed on the previous rom, it's pretty nice.

Reactions: Destr0y3r

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Apparently it's true , but i only know it for my device (moto G) i had to recover the stock firmware and KitKat update for OTAs to work correctly :)

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Hmm, I could've sworn I had CWM installed when I got the KK 4.3 update. Thanks anyway, it's working now :)

Okay, thanks. I used xposed on the previous rom, it's pretty nice.