Search This thread

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
The First Edition of
Windows Mobile "XDA Live"
for HTC Hermes

I have applied my XDA Live Scripts to the "Vanilla" edition of Windows Mobile 6 for Hermes.

So I present you with Version 0.10 of XDA Live!

Quick FAQ:

Q: How do I install it.

A: The self extracting archive will runthe RUU after it extracts all files. I used The XDA RUU which was modified to push the Des Bootloader to your device. This installer does not require your device to be SuperCID and should work with any Bootloader version.

Q: Will WMXL (Windows Mobile XDA Live) fix my corrupted radio bootloader or otherwise bricked Hermes?

A: If the other tools here can't do it then don't bet the farm on WMXL doing it. The Flashing tools are still the same, no magic pill here.

Q: Kyphur you are such a Guru, how can I be like you?

A: Remember that my head is in the clouds on this one only because I'm standing on the shoulders' of giants. This project owes it's very existence to many other contributers here and they deserve as much if not more of the cudos than I do. The is a team effort, please support everyone who made this possible. (See my post here). I have been a member her for only 15 months give or take but I have spent more time reading than doing or posting.

Q: If you embed a program into the Rom how can I remove it (to save memory).

A: You can't remove file that are in the Rom. You can remove the Shortcuts to the programs. Again I will repeat that programs in the Rom do not consume any memory. If you don't want the program simply ignore it and it will not harm you.

Q: Will you still release the scripts?
A: Of course, I have spent this evening building and testing this Rom for Release. Expect this to delay the release of the How-To but it is still coming.

Q: I have more questions...

A: Read this thread.

Click here for Images of all the Themes I have collected. I've decided that instead of embedding them all, I will remove all but the default Crossbow Theme and add the Aero Theme.

The rest of the collection will be made avaliable via my website this week.

I have integrated the following Applications:
  • Dictionary Editor
  • HTweakC v2.1
  • MS Hearts for PPC
  • PHM Registry Editor
  • SMS Backup
  • StartClean
  • VJCandelaLite (Flashlight)
  • Windows Mobile Remote Display (CERDISP)
Fixes Specific to using "Vanilla" Base Rom
  • Office Mobile Folder and shortcuts are restored
  • Remote Desktop Mobile has been embedded
I have integrated the following Registry Fixes:
  • By default only the Date Plugin is enabled (and it is set to a single line).
  • The Today Screen says "XDA Live" and the about screen shows " - XDA" after the OS Build Number.
  • Pressing & Holding the Comm Button toggles the between Vibrate & Normal.
  • PDAViet Memory Leak Fix is Applied.
  • Disabled the warning for Unsigned Applications (Application Lock)
Misc:
  • I have added two "Classic RingTones, (OldPhone-US.wma and OldPhone-UK.wav) for those of us who want to get away from the music and chirping Ringers.
  • I have removed all carrier customizations, no need to soft reset to avoid customization!
This Version is missing:
  • Voice Call.
  • Push To Talk.
  • Smart Dialer.
  • Microsoft Live! Mobile.
  • Windows Mobile Update
BTW, this truly is a group effort.
  • Without pof & team unlocking I never would have even gone looking for the base Rom.
  • aChef by aklok_hk is doing the heavy lifting.
  • Sleuth, ShogunMark, Faria ViJay555, Bepe, Maimach have all been instrumental either directly or indirectly in this project.
  • Des and the SSPL was another step that got me to this point.
  • Olipro's RUU Workshop was used to make the installer package.
  • Of course there are all of the guys who have been doing this before I bought my first PPC Phone, they blazed the trail I simply walk behind them.
  • Finally, I can't forget my unnamed source. They took a big change passing this along to me. Even though this relase is built on the Vanilla Rom, without that trust I wouldn't have been able to spend that previous week cooking with a WM6 Rom Image.
Oh Yeah, here is the download link: WM XDA Live v0.10

Last edited:

taguapire

Nov 27, 2006
To kyphur

Hi kyphur,

Congratulations for the release and Thank you very much.

Good job.

Taguapire.

iammorris

Feb 19, 2007
awsome work kyphur! quick question though, will you still be working on your original version of XDA-Live, and if yes, will it include the things that this one is missing (LIVE integration, PTT, etc)?

ach2

Feb 7, 2007
Hotels everywhere
All hail to the guru and his team...

Just installing as we speak. I'll report back on stability useage etc as time goes on - and look forward to updates, fixes, advice etc.

Many thanks Kyphur

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
I will continue development using "Van" as my base so I can release fixes and updates to you.

If I get a better version that I can share (even the original one or an update of it) I will be able to apply my scripts to it so everyone can now join in the development phase of this Rom.

awsome work kyphur! quick question though, will you still be working on your original version of XDA-Live, and if yes, will it include the things that this one is missing (LIVE integration, PTT, etc)?

maxgohan

Sep 30, 2006
GTA
ok crap i just upgraded to the other guy's vanilla wm6 release

guess i'll flash this one on now lol
good work, just wondering if you fixed the keyboard issue (the symbols seem to be misaligned in a random order)

weinson

Nov 22, 2006
Oakland, CA
Quick question ... if I flash this ROM and for some reason need/want to go back to the new Cingular ROM (e.g., if I can't get Goodlink to run on this yet) should I have any problem just re-flashing the new Cingular ROM over this XDA ROM?

PaWi

Feb 27, 2007
Welcome in the HALL of Fame...

Thanks to ALL the active people who made this happen.
Nice

saq

Oct 26, 2005
ok crap i just upgraded to the other guy's vanilla wm6 release

guess i'll flash this one on now lol
good work, just wondering if you fixed the keyboard issue (the symbols seem to be misaligned in a random order)

Check the wiki, 8525s and other Hermes have a different keyboard setting.

kyphur

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 3, 2005
Chicagoland
You shouldn't have any problem reverting to another Rom.

Quick question ... if I flash this ROM and for some reason need/want to go back to the new Cingular ROM (e.g., if I can't get Goodlink to run on this yet) should I have any problem just re-flashing the new Cingular ROM over this XDA ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.