[Discussion]HTC One S [S-OFF]

Search This thread

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
+1
All this cloak and dagger stuff is ridiculous. I thought this forum was about the sharing of information.
Some of you should read the HOX S-OFF thread and see how it goes there. There are much more like minded people trying to solve a problem, that we all want a solution to.
Okay.
It's secret information that only me and Azzle know and it's about S-OFF work in progress.
It can't be leaked because the makers don't want it to be leaked.
I can only tell u a link to purchase S-OFF if you want.

Adam5400

Oct 9, 2010
Okay.
It's secret information that only me and Azzle know and it's about S-OFF work in progress.
It can't be leaked because the makers don't want it to be leaked.
I can only tell u a link to purchase S-OFF if you want.

The purchasable S-OFF is different from what you're keeping secret though, right?

Closed Source Project

Mar 31, 2012
The Windy City, Chicago, Illinois
So to clear this up for people, the only purchasing going on here is if someone wants the Chinese version of S-Off. We have our own devs which will release a true version once they get it working (we can assume this will be free as that's just how XDA is). I personally do not trust the Chinese version, but that's my preference. To all who want legit S-OFF, just wait; devs are working on it currently. Just chill. The main thing we should focus our anger on is HTC not releasing the source code after so damn long... -1 for HTC...

eminembdg

Jan 10, 2008
Philly
So to clear this up for people, the only purchasing going on here is if someone wants the Chinese version of S-Off. We have our own devs which will release a true version once they get it working (we can assume this will be free as that's just how XDA is). I personally do not trust the Chinese version, but that's my preference. To all who want legit S-OFF, just wait; devs are working on it currently. Just chill. The main thing we should focus our anger on is HTC not releasing the source code after so damn long... -1 for HTC...

Well can't really be mad. They do legally have what, 90 days or something like that from release date?

Sent from my HTC One S

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
No S-OFF is all the same.
This is a true version so you can't say "I don't trust the Chinese Version".
It's still S-OFF and won't brick your device.

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
Thats ship s-off anyway we want eng- soff ship s-off don't do ****. DON'T BUY THE CHINESE SHIP S-OFF FROM THAT LINK.it won't let u flash radio's or anything

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Thats ship s-off anyway we want eng- soff ship s-off don't do ****. DON'T BUY THE CHINESE SHIP S-OFF FROM THAT LINK.it won't let u flash radio's or anything

You must be mistaken, because all S-OFF methods are designed to get SHIP S-OFF. ENG S-OFF is just a matter of flashing the engineering hboot after you get SHIP S-OFF.

The only difference between SHIP S-OFF and ENG S-OFF with the older phones is that engineering hboots let you flash unsigned images over fastboot.

The S-OFF method on taobao sounds like there's a guy with connections to an HTC repair center. Apparently, using an XTC clip with a software update that hasn't been located yet, it is possible to S-OFF at least the One X and One XL.

Last edited:

jriv

Apr 13, 2010
Princeton,MN
You must be mistaken, because all S-OFF methods are designed to get SHIP S-OFF. ENG S-OFF is just a matter of flashing the engineering hboot after you get SHIP S-OFF.

The only difference between SHIP S-OFF and ENG S-OFF with the older phones is that engineering hboots let you flash unsigned images over fastboot.

My bad just don't see the point in locked ship s-off plenty of people in the one x forums with ship s-off and still nothing.

kuroneko007

Jan 20, 2011
Tokyo
www.japandroid.info
I always had SHIP S-OFF on my HTC Desire, and I was able to flash absolutely anything. On the older HTC Magic, you had to have either an "imperfect" SPL (HBOOT) or the engineering SPL, but with the Desire, it didn't seem to matter.

What I do notice though is that, while the taobao guy has SuperCID (1111111), he doesn't actually have a radio...

It's cheap though (200 yuan = $30 US), it's not "yen" like Reviewers thought (Japan and China is not the same country dude)

I would try it, but I'm just too afraid to brick my phone :(

decalex

Apr 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Actually, I think according to GPL they're supposed to release it immediately, but I'm not sure if there's any real enforcement for GPL.
GPL enforcement team
(still in alpha tho)

taqt2_09.jpg

Totòòò

Oct 29, 2011
Palermo
htc will never provide soff. the only way is to open a bounty thread and hope somebody will take it seriously and work on the soff so at the end they get the whole bounty:)

raikesy

Mar 26, 2009
htc will never provide soff. the only way is to open a bounty thread and hope somebody will take it seriously and work on the soff so at the end they get the whole bounty:)

A bounty is a bad idea and absolutely the wrong way to go about it...

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S-off is nearly release ready.

I need /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 from a qualcomm s3 variant, and a matching update.zip for each model that support is wanted for.
    Some of you guys are PM'ing me to help with S-OFF for the One S.

Will try to, when I get the One X done.
    Today we had a huge update.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604300

Some of you with a USB Y-Cable should try to flash a .zip through sd-card.
    If that works, and I can modify a DIAG file, also for you S-OFF will come very fast.
    so now we know that s-off is not hardware related. a software is nedded to s-off , att HTC One XL confirmed that it can be s-off with that software, and since the att HTC One XL is almost the same phone as the HTC One S s4, S-off can be achived too.

i hope we get s-off soon but with patience :)
    Well, it's actually been confirmed that all modern HTC devices can use this exploit as long as they are running the S4, S3 or S4 pro processors. This even includes the dna and butterfly and likely the upcoming HTC One a.k.a. the M7. The exploit has not been released yet but has been shown to work, so sit tight and relax. If these devs are smart, and I know they are, they will not release the exploit until the One has been released so HTC cannot patch it.
    I have Riffbox now at home. Will make JIG for it, so until end of next week i could be ready.
    PS: I had S-OFF and tryed to get to S-Diag mode: But phone freezes and reboots into s-off.
    mmcblk0p23: "misc"
    mmcblk0p22: "recovery"
    mmcblk0p21: "boot"
    mmcblk0p33: "system"
    mmcblk0p30: "local"
    mmcblk0p34: "cache"
    mmcblk0p35: "userdata"
    mmcblk0p26: "devlog"
    mmcblk0p28: "pdata"
    mmcblk0p36: "fat"
    mmcblk0p31: "extra"
    mmcblk0p17: "radio"