Poor Sound Quality

Search This thread

sHaHiN786

Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
Ok, has anybody else noticed the poor sound quality when you playback music on your headset? There's a hiss and you sometimes here sounds break up. I noticed this last night while I was playing music. I didn't expect this on a premium device. Really disappointed, anybody know if this has been mentioned or is waiting to be fixed?

Hardcore73

Dec 30, 2011
I don't have that issue but I use Google Music.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Resputan

Oct 9, 2009
Pittsburgh
Ok, has anybody else noticed the poor sound quality when you playback music on your headset? There's a hiss and you sometimes here sounds break up. I noticed this last night while I was playing music. I didn't expect this on a premium device. Really disappointed, anybody know if this has been mentioned or is waiting to be fixed?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2696620

Doesnt appear that anyone in the audio review thread are running i to this issue, may be a faulty unit worth getting fixed, or atleast try the audio on a store unit with your headphones and see how that goes.

P1 Wookie

Jun 10, 2011
South Carolina
I was listening on the earbuds it came with earlier and didn't notice anything when using Spotify. Just now used it with my Audio Technica ATH-M50s and still no hissing or breaking up with Spotify. Spotify and Google Music is all I use and I stream all of my music. Not sure if that makes a difference.

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
I was listening on the earbuds it came with earlier and didn't notice anything when using Spotify. Just now used it with my Audio Technica ATH-M50s and still no hissing or breaking up with Spotify. Spotify and Google Music is all I use and I stream all of my music. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Same as me. I just stream all my music with Spotify. No problems here, audio is fantastic and crisp.

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mayad79

Jun 27, 2008
Purexaudio works on ARHD Rom, and makes my Westones worth the bucks spent. Greatly improved the audio without BoomSound enabled.

You can find it on the one x thread.

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Last edited:

sHaHiN786

Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
I think I've found the problem, it happens on low volume, turn Boomsound off when you're listening to music at low levels, i.e. at sleeping time.

kirtusl92

Mar 31, 2014
Heya, sorry if my question is a bit irrelevant to the audio quality of the phone, but do the audio volume controls on your headphones work on the m8?

I've tried using my apple earbuds controls on my M7, and only the play/pause button works...nothing more. Did they change that for the m8?

Thanks.

sHaHiN786

Jan 12, 2010
Manchester
Heya, sorry if my question is a bit irrelevant to the audio quality of the phone, but do the audio volume controls on your headphones work on the m8?

I've tried using my apple earbuds controls on my M7, and only the play/pause button works...nothing more. Did they change that for the m8?

Thanks.

Could be that it's incompatible to iPhone controls. I've not used them.

aysiana

Jan 14, 2008
Milwaukee
My handset speakers sound great but I notice that when I plug my auxiliary cord in the headphone jack of my phone to input to my car stereo - it sounds terrible, all distorted and stuff. I have the same 320kbps mp3 file on my mp3 player also on my SD card of my phone so I know the file is good. I also have a high quality aux cord so I K own it's not that either. When I play the same song from my mp3 player w/my aux cord to my car stereo rather than my phone w/my aux cord to my car stereo, it sounds great. Phone output via aux cable sounds like crap. Is this cuz of boom sound and if so, how do I shut it off?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ryanjsoo

Dec 25, 2011
Sydney
My handset speakers sound great but I notice that when I plug my auxiliary cord in the headphone jack of my phone to input to my car stereo - it sounds terrible, all distorted and stuff. I have the same 320kbps mp3 file on my mp3 player also on my SD card of my phone so I know the file is good. I also have a high quality aux cord so I K own it's not that either. When I play the same song from my mp3 player w/my aux cord to my car stereo rather than my phone w/my aux cord to my car stereo, it sounds great. Phone output via aux cable sounds like crap. Is this cuz of boom sound and if so, how do I shut it off?

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can shut off boomsound in settings when the aux cord is connected, I also find that visualizer increases distortions when playing certain files so try not to have the music player on visualizer when playing through the headphone jack.