Search This thread

DrRammel

Jul 5, 2013
youtube.com
hey, I need your help:

I was on OmniROM and wanted to install B125, I installed B118 Recovery and got:
Checking Module Verlist...
Huawei SD card update fail

I tried several recoveries and firmwares, no luck.

then in one thread I saw that I have to flash boot.img and then recovery,img. done. and now my phone is stuck at splash screen.

I can enter recovery but it wont install anything.

Please quick help , it's 1:45 am here in germany and I need to get up at 6:30 and my P6 is my alarm!!!

bokchoi2020

Jul 24, 2013
Ottawa
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 7 Pro
hey, I need your help:

then in one thread I saw that I have to flash boot.img and then recovery,img. done. and now my phone is stuck at splash screen.

Please quick help , it's 1:45 am here in germany and I need to get up at 6:30 and my P6 is my alarm!!!

Hope you fixed it already.
If not, try this.
http://dl.dbank.com/xhtml/link/resource.jsp?id=c01l4l4a2y&opt=101&e_r_auth=1&pid=38#

Put the downgrader in dload. After it is done, install your b125.

Make sure you thank @iwtfmcl who discovered it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52164529
Sent from my P6-U06

Last edited:

DrRammel

Jul 5, 2013
youtube.com
Hope you fixed it already.
If not, try this.
http://dl.dbank.com/xhtml/link/resource.jsp?id=c01l4l4a2y&opt=101&e_r_auth=1&pid=38#

Put the downgrader in dload. After it is done, install your b125.

Make sure you thank @iwtfmcl who discovered it here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52164529
Sent from my P6-U06

Yes, I saw that yesterday and put it on SD, but when I select "Install update so sd card", i go to dload folder and it's empty (yes, I checked if the UpdATE.APP is in there)

I installed recovery for b118 first and the boot.img and recovery from b506

so, my phones turns on, I can see the Huawei splashscreen. I can enter recovery as well. and my PC recognizes the phone.
My recovery wont install anything though.
So, can I flash some sort of recovery in this situation? Because I think that flashing the boot.img removed my ROM.

Last edited:

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
Yes, I saw that yesterday and put it on SD, but when I select "Install update so sd card", i go to dload folder and it's empty (yes, I checked if the UpdATE.APP is in there)

I installed recovery for b118 first and the boot.img and recovery from b506

so, my phones turns on, I can see the Huawei splashscreen. I can enter recovery as well. and my PC recognizes the phone.
My recovery wont install anything though.
So, can I flash some sort of recovery in this situation? Because I think that flashing the boot.img removed my ROM.

To revert on 4.2.2 flash first that: http://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y# via local update, after that you can flash 4.2.2 without issues again via local update.
Another link for the download in case it is slow from the first one https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6PYefO-p4_kJcJpHw2luWZT8QZ5yrnedx4rug4

Last edited:

DrRammel

Jul 5, 2013
youtube.com
To revert on 4.2.2 flash first that: http://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y# via local update, after that you can flash 4.2.2 without issues again via local update.
Another link for the download in case it is slow from the first one https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6PYefO-p4_kJcJpHw2luWZT8QZ5yrnedx4rug4

I cant install anything. can I flash something with PC when I'm in recovery? I think my device works but I have no ROM and I cant flash anything.

I need to make the P6 work, please help..

iwtfmcl

Aug 4, 2012
Knin

I don't think you can use stock recovery to pick update.app from folder. You have to use 3 button power up method.
Just place update.app in dload folder on external SD card.

Last edited:

tileeq

Jan 4, 2014
Gevgelija
From the links i shared before you can get a dload/update.app that you need to put on sd card and update through the stock recovery before you try updating actual stock rom(4.2.2)

iwtfmcl

Aug 4, 2012
Knin

The term local update refers to update that you do from working ROM, meaning you are able to go to System updates when ROM is running and choose Local update from SD card.
In this case it has to be done by what's called forced update, 3 button power up method.

DrRammel

Jul 5, 2013
youtube.com
I know what you all mean and i tried many times but it wont install anything now! First I got fail, I couldnt choose a updat.app even though it was on sd.

Now it doesnt even load the whole recovery...
And I dont have a rom, when I reboot I am stuck at splash screen.

And the 3 botton method didnt work, after that i selected from sd card but no luck..

is on its way to repair centre right now..

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
hey, I need your help:

Hello !

Sorry to tell you, but from start you did a wrong step ! First if you was on OmniROM, you must flash ONLY stock recovery for KitKat and not for JB ! From here start all issues in your device !

To avoid any issue , when you use a custom rom based KitKat and you want to downgrade to JB , first you must put your device to Stock Huawei KitKat ( doesn't matter if is beta, B506 or B507 ) ! To install Stock Huawei KitKat - you must to flash stock recovery KitKat - and than flash UPDATE.APP from /dload folder ( where UPDATE.APP is stock firmware Huawei KitKat ) !

Now you should follow the intermediate steps to be able to downgrade to JB ( by installing aditional update.app )

Anyway good luck, and I hope you can solve this issue !

Edit :

You can try this stuff :

First, use your PC with a new microSD to copy UPDATE.APP ( from Huawei KitKat ) in /dload folder !

Go here and take stock recovery for Huawei KitKat ;

Put your microSD already prepared on your device and connect USB cable! Put your device in bootloader mode ( just keep pressing power button and volume down more than 10sec ) - now you should be able to flash stock recovery in your device > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ; and reboot your device > fastboot reboot ! Right now you can reboot in stock recovery ( adb reboot recovery or using combo key ) and start flash UPDATE.APP !

Last edited:
Reactions: akskbn and ez.ahmed

DrRammel

Jul 5, 2013
youtube.com
Hello !

Sorry to tell you, but from start you did a wrong step ! First if you was on OmniROM, you must flash ONLY stock recovery for KitKat and not for JB ! From here start all issues in your device !

To avoid any issue , when you use a custom rom based KitKat and you want to downgrade to JB , first you must put your device to Stock Huawei KitKat ( doesn't matter if is beta, B506 or B507 ) ! To install Stock Huawei KitKat - you must to flash stock recovery KitKat - and than flash UPDATE.APP from /dload folder ( where UPDATE.APP is stock firmware Huawei KitKat ) !

Now you should follow the intermediate steps to be able to downgrade to JB ( by installing aditional update.app )

Thanks man for helping me out but I'm dumb, if I WAITED; i wouldnt have this problem...
#

anyway, I already sent device to huawei a few hours ago, I hope I'll get a new device, I have warranty still..

Thanks to all, now everyone can see how to downgrade!

Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thanks man for helping me out but I'm dumb, if I WAITED; i wouldnt have this problem...
#

anyway, I already sent device to huawei a few hours ago, I hope I'll get a new device, I have warranty still..

Ok, good luck !

This is the reason why I always recommended to use JB Rom with JB Recovery and KitKat Rom with KitKat Recovery - to avoid any issues! :good:

Reactions: DrRammel

n00del

Jan 21, 2009
Berlin
Hi Guys,

had the same issue today, but thank god i was still able to boot on a bugged omni room to copy file back and forth on my sd card.
But i still cannot find any way back to 4.2...
I tried the steps which surdu_petru write down but i still have the same error message

Huawei SD card update fail.

Maybe i made a mistake but these were the steps that i tried:
I`m on the Omni Rom 4.4.2 right now with trwp 2.7.0.0
1. i prepared a microsd with the dload folder of the stock b506 from the huawei site
2. i flashed the stock recovery (B506) from THAT post
3. rebooted the phone and pressed volume plus and minus
4. and then the error message appeard

Maybe someone can explain me step by step how the downgrade works, would like to see the b125 stock on my phone :)

Thank you!
Sorry for my bad english :)

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi Guys,

had the same issue today, but thank god i was still able to boot on a bugged omni room to copy file back and forth on my sd card.
But i still cannot find any way back to 4.2...
I tried the steps which surdu_petru write down but i still have the same error message

Huawei SD card update fail.

Maybe i made a mistake but these were the steps that i tried:
I`m on the Omni Rom 4.4.2 right now with trwp 2.7.0.0
1. i prepared a microsd with the dload folder of the stock b506 from the huawei site
2. i flashed the stock recovery (B506) from THAT post
3. rebooted the phone and pressed volume plus and minus
4. and then the error message appeard

Maybe someone can explain me step by step how the downgrade works, would like to see the b125 stock on my phone :)

Thank you!
Sorry for my bad english :)

You should perform an intermediate step by installing a small update.app before to be able to downgrade to JB ! Solution a few posts above (try to read them all to see what you missed).

n00del

Jan 21, 2009
Berlin
u mean that dload from that chinese download site? i tried to flash this with the same method like the stock B506 but it also fails.
l

iwtfmcl

Aug 4, 2012
Knin
u mean that dload from that chinese download site? i tried to flash this with the same method like the stock B506 but it also fails.
l

Since you have working ROM, try to flash that small update.app with normal update process via System updates-Update from SD card, if 3 button method fails.

n00del

Jan 21, 2009
Berlin
what i tried:
1. omnirom 4.4.2 with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash kitkat stock recovery -> flash Kitkat b506 -> failed
2. modified b506 custom rom with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash kitkat stock recovery -> flash that small update app from this chinese site -> failed
3. modified b506 custom rom with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash kitkat stock recovery -> flash stock b125 -> failed
4. omnirom 4.4.2 with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash b118 stock recovery -> reboot-> phone keeps vibrating and nothing works until i reflash trwp or kitkat stock

failed = Checking Module Verlist... Huawei SD card update fail

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
what i tried:
1. omnirom 4.4.2 with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash kitkat stock recovery -> flash Kitkat b506 -> failed
2. modified b506 custom rom with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash kitkat stock recovery -> flash that small update app from this chinese site -> failed
3. modified b506 custom rom with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash kitkat stock recovery -> flash stock b125 -> failed
4. omnirom 4.4.2 with trwp 2.7.0.0 -> flash b118 stock recovery -> reboot-> phone keeps vibrating and nothing works until i reflash trwp or kitkat stock

failed = Checking Module Verlist... Huawei SD card update fail

You should try to wipe cache , data and dalvik-cache ( on twrp ) , than flash stock recovery in this way :
Reboot -> Bootloader ;
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
press combo key to boot on stock recovery ;

rednic

Dec 19, 2011
hey, I need your help:

Boot and recovery are 4.2.2? or have something old? How can I check?

I had the same.
I put it in dload that: http://dl.vmall.com/c01l4l4a2y# via local update, after that you can flash 4.2.2 without issues again via local update.
Another link for the download in case it is slow from the first one https://mega.co.nz/#!9oEHUTiR!uVKEq6...QZ5yrnedx4rug4
I managed to get back to 4.2.2

Now I installed 4.2.2 b610 vodafone dload method.
Boot and recovery are 4.2.2? or have something old? How can I check?

Last edited:

n00del

Jan 21, 2009
Berlin
So i tried to wipe cache, data and dalvik cache on twrp 2.7.0.0 and rebooted into bootloader and flashed the stock KK recovery from the thread.
Then i booted my phone up into the stock recovery and it tried to flash the B506 dload with the same error.
I also tried to flash the small update.app without success :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey, I need your help:

Hello !

Edit :

You can try this stuff :

First, use your PC with a new microSD to copy UPDATE.APP ( from Huawei KitKat ) in /dload folder !

Go here and take stock recovery for Huawei KitKat ;

Put your microSD already prepared on your device and connect USB cable! Put your device in bootloader mode ( just keep pressing power button and volume down more than 10sec ) - now you should be able to flash stock recovery in your device > fastboot flash recovery recovery.img ; and reboot your device > fastboot reboot ! Right now you can reboot in stock recovery ( adb reboot recovery or using combo key ) and start flash UPDATE.APP !
    Hello !

#

#

Ok, good luck !

This is the reason why I always recommended to use JB Rom with JB Recovery and KitKat Rom with KitKat Recovery - to avoid any issues! :good: