Do screen protectors really help?

Search This thread

mu3g

Jul 7, 2012
Baltimore
I've never used a screen protector. I have a thick-ish case which keeps my screen from cracking if it falls down at odd angles. I've not had a single scratch (partly because I love my gadgets and I take care of them). I have tried putting a screen protector on an old Samsung touch-screen phone, that was a MESS (I guess I wasn't blessed with a handy-man's hands :crying:).

emmabellachristian

Jun 21, 2012
ive always been on fence about using screen protectors. Not that long ago i came home from a trip to the county fair. Got out of my Uncles truck dropped my phone on my stone driveway screen was facing down. Cursed under my breath thought i tottally destroyed it picked it up screen protector was F up took it off not a scratch dent or anything. So to this day i will always use a protector.

nomail_forme

Sep 4, 2012
Hyderabad
For all of those who are confident about the Gorilla Glass, Here is a quick and easy guide to Scratch it :-
  1. Collect some 'Sand' and sprinkle evenly over the screen
  2. Now using either a paper,cloth,ur hand or ur head gently move the sand over the screen
  3. Wolla ! You now have numerous scratches over the screen
  4. You can now Reepent over how a 5$ screen Guard could have easily prevented this.
Enjoy ur scratched "Gorilla Glass" Screen.

Reactions: ghostryder12

richlgm

Jul 12, 2012
Melbourne
I'm a farm equipment mechanic
And I can't say how many time screen protectors have saved my phone.

Sent from my Inspire using, Planet Express delivery service.

toxicpaulution

Oct 27, 2011
Lykens
Lol. Nope no screen protectionbut it may have helped lol

Sent from my My Device® using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1350843031894.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1350843031894.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 100

arod08

May 28, 2012
Yes they do I have a zagg anti glare and it comes in handy no more worries about getting a scratch on the screen and you get lifetime warranty.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    45fd9419-96ea-2f67.jpg

Just put them on.
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    ^ lulz

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    A thin piece of plastic (screen protectors) don't prevent the screen from shattering from a fall, just scratches in the screen, which the Gorilla glass does perfectly without distorting the color/hindering the screen sensitivity.

A case is made to absorb some of the impact force that would normally shatter the screen.

It would save it from having the chunk missing from the bottom right :rolleyes:

Sent from trells smashed dHD
    ^ I agree.:D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
    They are probably effective in certain situations but I took mine off after a few weeks because it makes the screen harder to see. Just my preference.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

Same here. I like my phone without a case and a screen protector. Should probably get a screen protector but I tried a couple and didn't really liked them.