[NVFlash][CWM][GB] NVFlash Cleaner with CWM5.0.2.8e for SU660

Search This thread

wkpark

Jan 2, 2012
Seoul
This is the NVFlash Cleaner for SU660

the LG official V30C firmware of the SU660 have different partition layout
so If you want to install the CyanogenMod 10 official Nightly build on to your ICS installed SU660 device, you have to rollback to the GB firmware to make it compatible with CM7/CM10 using smartflash or nvflash.

This NVFlash Cleaner helps rollback your ICS firmware to GB.
but all partitions will be ERASED, the old GB bootloader restored and the CWM5 will be installed onto both the boot and the recovery partitions.

The size of the NVFlash cleaner is only about ~5MB!

Cautions
●before using the NVFlash Cleaner, backup your device and copy backuped files into your PC.
●The internal storage will be erased, you have to format your internal storage before use it.

Procedure
1. Prepare APX mode.
2. run flash.bat to format your phone.

ChangeLog
● CWM5.0.2.8e update : support changing font

Attachments

• nvflash-cleaner-v0.1.zip
    5 MB · Views: 2,268
  • nvflash-cleaner-v0.2.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 10,492
Last edited:

su660ics

Aug 30, 2012

so If you want to install the CyanogenMod 10 official Nightly build on to your ICS installed SU660 device, you have to rollback to the GB firmware to make it compatible with CM7/CM10 using smartflash or nvflash.

but all partitions will be ERASED, the old GB bootloader restored and the CWM5 will be installed onto both the boot and the recovery partitions.

Cautions
●before using the NVFlash Cleaner, backup your device and copy backuped files into your PC.
●The internal storage will be erased, you have to format your internal storage before use it.

Procedure
1. Prepare APX mode.

Thank you very much, this will save ICS user a great length (smartflash back to GB, root, install CWM) now just a click. But I heard aragorn said you have a kernel already. Pls release it :D - thank you very much. You seem of the highest technical level on SU660 side. Tks again

4ever1lov3

Jun 16, 2012
how can i install zip rom using smart flash or nvflash.??
coz they are in zip format?

extract it. and you will have a .bat file. now connect your phone to computer in apx mode (by plugged the cable in when holding volume up and down keys). you should see your computer show apx device connected. then run the .bat file!

asian_xl

Dec 23, 2006
hey wkpark, do you have a O/C kernel for stock SU660 ICS? :good:

just tested the flash.bat under APX mode (s/w upgrade screen with battery out and press volumn up&down), it is not going anywhere.

Last edited:

wkpark

Jan 2, 2012
Seoul
hey wkpark, do you have a O/C kernel for stock SU660 ICS? :good:
Yes, same patch applied and working nicely. but currently I have no time to manage the stock kernel for SU660.
just tested the flash.bat under APX mode (s/w upgrade screen with battery out and press volumn up&down), it is not going anywhere.

You'd better to use the Smartflash cleaner. It's more faster and easier then the nvflash cleaner

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987772

asian_xl

Dec 23, 2006
wkpark. I used the smartflash cleaner to wipe the partition, then install stock ICS and rooted (used Unlock Root), but I still can't boot into CWM?

tried "power+volumn down+home" method, Red LG logo -> the green android guy with neutron stomache ....and boot straight into ICS
also tried rom manager -> "Reboot into Recovery" and it won't work either, it shows the green android lying with red exclaimation mark not going anywhere.

Am I doing it correctly? What should I do?

Last edited:

wkpark

Jan 2, 2012
Seoul
wkpark. I used the smartflash cleaner to wipe the partition, then install stock ICS and rooted (used Unlock Root), but I still can't boot into CWM?

tried "power+volumn down+home" method, Red LG logo -> the green android guy with neutron stomache ....and boot straight into ICS
also tried rom manager -> "Reboot into Recovery" and it won't work either, it shows the green android lying with red exclaimation mark not going anywhere.

Am I doing it correctly? What should I do?

Red LG logo?
The Red LG logo means you got the newer ice bootloader, seems like you''ve changed your bootloader or the smart cleaner is not correctly packaged by mistake
I will check the bootloader as soon as possible.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

asian_xl

Dec 23, 2006
EDIT: okay, redo the smartflash cleaner, it can get into CWM...now what's the next step to apply stock ICS and OC kernel?

EDIT2: it seems like the stock ICS will overwrite the smartflash cleaner CWM. Apply smartflash clean (silver LG logo + CWM) -> smartlfash the stock ICS -> red LG logo (no CWM). How do I install CWM back?

EDIT3: very frustrated, tried reinstall CWM using your old method. and get this (see attachement)

please HELP!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

wkpark

Jan 2, 2012
Seoul
EDIT: okay, redo the smartflash cleaner, it can get into CWM...now what's the next step to apply stock ICS and OC kernel?

EDIT2: it seems like the stock ICS will overwrite the smartflash cleaner CWM. Apply smartflash clean (silver LG logo + CWM) -> smartlfash the stock ICS -> red LG logo (no CWM). How do I install CWM back?

EDIT3: very frustrated, tried reinstall CWM using your old method. and get this (see attachement)

please HELP!

wrong thread!!

the NVFlash cleaner or the smartflash cleaner only for the old GB bootloader
and for using the old GB/CM7/CM9 firmwares!!

cokthemhok

Oct 16, 2012
Do you have another way to install CWM? Such as install from SD card? My USB port was broken, and I can't install CWM via APX :|.

Mixxeduplemur

Nov 21, 2012
OK I am new to using LG's and so far it seems a lot more involved vs the Motorola Droids and Samsungs i've worked wtih. With that said, I AM A NEWB and might have bit myself in the rear.

So I obviously did something wrong... I thought I followed the process meticulously :crying:. Now I cannot mount the /emmc and /system on the internal storage since running nvflashcleaner. What did I do and how do i fix it lol. I downloaded v 0.3 and it wouldn't see the port for the phone. so I d/l'd 0.2 and had the same issue. 0.1 did the wipe no prob but now i'm at a brick wall. I downloaded Gingerbread from LG's site but no good if I can't access the system and the backup I created got wiped off the SD card (i accidently wiped the card) So needless to say, i'm having a bad day even after work LOL. I've got to have this up and running by saturday or i'm going to find myself buying a cheap android to get me by til i can figure this out (a friend already paid me for my existing phone when I got this one on ebay...big mistake I think) any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

*edit* I must add - I am trying to use CWM Recovery and it just hangs at "Nvflash started"

OK I found one download with nvflash that was listed for an SU660 but ended up being for the P990 LOL. outside the touchscreen not working, It booted up to the OS :) so thats a start. so with that... just have to find the Froyo OS or Gingerbread I can get working on here

Last edited:
Reactions: wkpark

darkhades25

Jul 15, 2012
helpp

plzz help i try to use that method i came from ics v30c then i flash the pa_jb build 8 10 rom then it always say installation aborted after that i try to flash android paranoid cm9 i successfully flashed it but the problem when i open the gallery,camera it always say the sd card not mounted my sd card card need to be mounted itry to flash the fix made by mr.aragorn the switch mnt sd/etc but nothing happen then i restart my su660 again but not boot up it only stuck on cwm recovery..plz help me i want to flash my su660 in jb hackfest cm10 i didnt like the official ics v30c

D

Deleted member 4628108

hi wkpark

Thanks for doing this!

Unfortunately, I was unable to format my internal sd card from within cwm, and I don't know how to do it with my computer. I ended up being stuck with cwm and a bootloader without being able to transfer any rom zips to my phone. SO, I used this thread to help me roll back the old way. This should help anyone who is in a similar position.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1674393

*edit*

Try this first.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2030562

Last edited by a moderator:

asian_xl

Dec 23, 2006
A bug I spot.

The phone wont boot up when the battery is drained and I insert the USB cable. Stock rom will boot normally, but this version will be stuck at the "white lock" screen.

mitok

Nov 13, 2012
Reverted from ICS v30c with this tool and after can not enter "s/w upgrade" just black screen, can not use smartflash tool, is it possible to fix? but still can use nvflash

djtreo

Dec 30, 2011
Reverted from ICS v30c with this tool and after can not enter "s/w upgrade" just black screen, can not use smartflash tool, is it possible to fix? but still can use nvflash

When using Smartflash tool, you should be on "Download mode or SW mode" (Turn off phone, pull out battery, run Smartflash tool, hold Volume down and insert USB cable from PC. wait until Smartflash tool detects your phone)

In nvflash, you should be on "APX mode". Before going APX mode, make sure you installed the APX drivers first. Then turn off phone, pull out battery, hold Volume up and down then connect USB cable. wait until PC detected the device as "Nvidia USB Boot-Recovery" in device manager or APX device in notification bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: mitok

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cautions

Procedure
    1. Prepare APX mode.

ChangeLog
    ● CWM5.0.2.8e update : support changing font
    OK I am new to using LG's and so far it seems a lot more involved vs the Motorola Droids and Samsungs i've worked wtih. With that said, I AM A NEWB and might have bit myself in the rear.

So I obviously did something wrong... I thought I followed the process meticulously :crying:. Now I cannot mount the /emmc and /system on the internal storage since running nvflashcleaner. What did I do and how do i fix it lol. I downloaded v 0.3 and it wouldn't see the port for the phone. so I d/l'd 0.2 and had the same issue. 0.1 did the wipe no prob but now i'm at a brick wall. I downloaded Gingerbread from LG's site but no good if I can't access the system and the backup I created got wiped off the SD card (i accidently wiped the card) So needless to say, i'm having a bad day even after work LOL. I've got to have this up and running by saturday or i'm going to find myself buying a cheap android to get me by til i can figure this out (a friend already paid me for my existing phone when I got this one on ebay...big mistake I think) any ideas are greatly appreciated!!

*edit* I must add - I am trying to use CWM Recovery and it just hangs at "Nvflash started"

OK I found one download with nvflash that was listed for an SU660 but ended up being for the P990 LOL. outside the touchscreen not working, It booted up to the OS :) so thats a start. so with that... just have to find the Froyo OS or Gingerbread I can get working on here

When using Smartflash tool, you should be on "Download mode or SW mode" (Turn off phone, pull out battery, run Smartflash tool, hold Volume down and insert USB cable from PC. wait until Smartflash tool detects your phone)

In nvflash, you should be on "APX mode". Before going APX mode, make sure you installed the APX drivers first. Then turn off phone, pull out battery, hold Volume up and down then connect USB cable. wait until PC detected the device as "Nvidia USB Boot-Recovery" in device manager or APX device in notification bar.