[TOOL] Optimus Toolkit 6 in 1 v1.1.1 | P990-Linux|Root-Flash-Backup-Ap/KDZ Toolkit

Search This thread

JordanRulz

Jul 22, 2012
Newbie here trying to flash my o2x however I am not able to enter APX mode I guess. I've removed the battery and I hold down the volume up/down and plug into USB but nothing appears.. it just says no USB devices were found? Anyone else have this issue, not sure what I am missing here but pretty hard to do anything if device is not recognized. thanks.

Even if it says no USB devices were found, there will be an entry called "APX" in the device manager. If that is not there, you're doing something wrong.

magatxda

Apr 20, 2010
in menu

change #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash as it is a bash script and it will crash if sh is not a link to bash. (I'm using zsh and it breaks).

It would be great to mention the dependencies, like wine. The script does not tell you anything when the kdz is not decompressed.

Last edited:

magatxda

Apr 20, 2010
I tried the script but I wasn't able to flash.

I downloaded the kdz.

I tried to flash and nvflash is stuck. It seems to wait on something. I waited 30 mins, no changes.
If I disconnect the usb cable, the program returns with an error "protocol error" or something like that.

If I reboot the phone, I still have my previous version, like I didn't do anything.

Does the APX mode require somt special USB module ? Currently mine is registered like this:

Aug 26 09:13:49 folio kernel: [ 4169.816841] usb 3-2: new high-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd
Aug 26 09:13:49 folio kernel: [ 4169.833680] usb 3-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0955, idProduct=7f20
Aug 26 09:13:49 folio kernel: [ 4169.833690] usb 3-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
Aug 26 09:13:49 folio kernel: [ 4169.833696] usb 3-2: Product: APX
Aug 26 09:13:49 folio kernel: [ 4169.833700] usb 3-2: Manufacturer: NVIDIA Corp.
Aug 26 09:13:49 folio mtp-probe: checking bus 3, device 12: "/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb3/3-2"
Aug 26 09:13:49 folio mtp-probe: bus: 3, device: 12 was not an MTP device

drag0njoe

Feb 20, 2010
Does the APX mode require somt special USB module ?

No.

Aug 26 09:13:49 folio kernel: [ 4169.816841] usb 3-2: new high-speed USB device number 12 using xhci_hcd

Please try to plug your phone to a non-USB3 (blue) USB port.
You can also try to blacklist the xhci_hcd and ehci_hcd (this needs to create your blacklist_usb23.conf in /etc/modprobe.d, then update the initrd, then do a reboot).
Or, alternatively, just unbind these modules from the APX device with
Code:
echo -n "YOUR_APX_DEVICE_NUMBER_GOES_HERE" > /sys/bus/pci/drivers/ehci_hcd/unbind

There is many problems with some USB chipsets and the USB2 and USB3 interface needs to be disabled to can flash with nvflash. This is no problem with USB2 host, you can still use these ports with USB1 speed.
Oh, and this is not Linux-related, but nVidia related bug.
(I cannot provide you the exact commands in deep detail, I do not know which distro you are running with which kernel, and dmesg output is also needed while the phone plugged in.)

disadjusted

Jul 18, 2012
Eastbourne
And I'm still curious: Would this work for a P880 as well, maybe with some limitations (which might that be)? Before trying and breaking my primary device, I'd prefer to have some primary advice (preferably from the author ;))

hey, have you found a way to make this work with the P880 or a recommendation what would work?

need to flash the V20C and don't have windows around usually...

Izzysoft

hey, have you found a way to make this work with the P880 or a recommendation what would work?

need to flash the V20C and don't have windows around usually...

As I got no reply, I didn't try – so no. I've sent in my P880 a month before warranty was up, and had LG do the job. Told them they can't expect their customers buying a Windows PC plus Windows license just to update the phone – so if they don't want to do the job, they should ship something compatible with other OSs as well (would be easy for them: the Windows stuff just wraps around the images, so shipping the images without that wrapper would make it possible to use e.g. fastboot – while a flashable update.zip shouldn't be the big deal either, and even simpler for the user).

sh A ne

Aug 17, 2015
Flacq ,Bel-Air
Anybody knows why am i getting this error?

scripts/kdz.sh: 13: scripts/lang.sh: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
I get this when am trying to unpack kdz

Apr 11, 2016
If the "unable to determine my phone" means that when you start the flashing process you get "Nvflash started" "USB device not found" in Ubuntu, I think the problem is that you using wrong cable, or you not plug the phone into the USB while both of the volume keys pressed. Please provide exact error message and the exact menu option you used in order to get your problem solved.

About the mac you need to start Terminal from Utilities and start the script from here.
Or, alternatively, I attached a fixed menu which is working with double-click, just download and replace it your menu file with the attached one (there is a new function which doing the same thing, cd'ing into the script directory, so I just made nearly nothing, but working in linux and mac, and should working in cygwin too.)

But note that, in mac you cannot use the flashing options because of AFAIK there is no nvflash for mac. But you can use the others, such as the rooting and the back up with ADB is working.

I am receiving an error while trying to flash--
Basically, no matter what option I choose, it starts NVflash but tells me after some time, "USB device not found"
Thanks in advance!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Optimus Toolkit 6 in 1 v-1.1.1 - Linux

After a few month programming here you have this 6 in 1, we say that it is the counterpart in Linux of the "All in one", though it seems.
    In you program have included 6 applications essential for the day-to-day management of Optimus, partitions with the new LG-ICS configuration or the former LG-GB.
    Backup/restore of the whole system, and also of the SDs, both internal and external, and stores them in ZIP format.

The program includes:
    • Uncompress KDZ
    • Unpacking AP
    • Backup
    • Restore
    • Flash ROM (NVflash)
    • Rooted
    Three languages, Spanish, English and German, I hope that it will soon translate into French, Italian and Portuguese

An example of use:
    You have a ROM format KDZ and does not the Windows program rather than failing, because well, you copy the kdz within the kdz_folder folder, run the Optimus_Toolkit 6 in 1 and choose option 1- UnPack KDZ.
    After a few seconds you have the AP and CP files to Flash with Smartflash. Oh, that doesn't want to boot windows?, no problem, use option 2.- UnPack AP, and then option 4.-Flash ROM for flashing by NVflash ROM KDZ just unpack.
    But before Flash want do a backup of the system, as with the 3.- Backup/Restore option, this is in Optitool 2, backup/restore DATA, SYSTEM, etc.
    The operation is very intuitive, just follow the instructions on screen.
    The program does many things, and others will in the future.
    I hope that you go reporting if you detect a fault.

Changelog
    V-1.1.1
    - Support for German language, thanks to Cupacabra - in this version you can change language from the main menu
    V-1.1.0
    - Support for any language. I have included a language file that you can go adding translations to other languages - error correction. -Added you fixing of current route to run on MAC (by drag0njoe) - the only language menu exits the first runs, the language selected is memorised.
    V-1.0.2 R
    - UnPack KDZ - now is can copy more than one KDZ within kdz_folder/, the program will create a menu with the KDZ that is inside the folder. - Added limits so that an opcionque can not be pressed does not exist. - Automatically adapts to options with one or two figures.
    - Flash ROM - remodelling of the Flash ROM menu and correction of minor errors
    V-1.0.2
    - Menu flasher - Two new options, [5] Flash RECOVERs and [9] Flash KERNELs. - Alternative kernels copied them to kernel folder / and the recoverys to the recovery folder. - The program will detect the kernels and recoverys withi
    V-1.0.1
    - Correction on menu flashing, by drag0njoe
    - Added flashing Kernel, by drag0njoe
    V-1.0 stable
    - Fixed bug when unpacking AP
    - Fixed bug when unpacking KDZ
    - Fixed bug in detection of ROM
    - English version, corrected spelling errors.
    - Revamped graphic look.
    CREDITS
    • navossoc@xda introduced the 'LGExtract.exe'. the encrypyted/compressed kdz can be extracted/decrypted to AP.bin/CP.fls by LGExtract.exe
    AP.bin extractor (win32/linux)
    xonar_ made BIN/FLS extractor
    and release source
    (original Java version by xonar_)
    (win32 C port by navossoc)
    [TOOL] LGExtract 0.2.1 by navossoc
    DOWNLOAD
    Optimus_Toolkit_6-in-1_V-1.1.1.tar.gz - 25.64 MB
    New version, with new options and I think and hope that all errors are corrected.
    Nice bro,
    It's good to have another alternative toolkit for linux users.
    NEW V-1.0.2
    - Menu flasher - Two new options, [5] Flash RECOVERs and [9] Flash KERNELs. - Alternative kernels copied them to kernel folder / and the recoverys to the recovery folder. - The program will detect the kernels and recoverys withi
    If the "unable to determine my phone" means that when you start the flashing process you get "Nvflash started" "USB device not found" in Ubuntu, I think the problem is that you using wrong cable, or you not plug the phone into the USB while both of the volume keys pressed. Please provide exact error message and the exact menu option you used in order to get your problem solved.

About the mac you need to start Terminal from Utilities and start the script from here.
    Or, alternatively, I attached a fixed menu which is working with double-click, just download and replace it your menu file with the attached one (there is a new function which doing the same thing, cd'ing into the script directory, so I just made nearly nothing, but working in linux and mac, and should working in cygwin too.)

But note that, in mac you cannot use the flashing options because of AFAIK there is no nvflash for mac. But you can use the others, such as the rooting and the back up with ADB is working.