[ROM][WIP] CM9-marvel-UNOFFICIAL [UPDATE: April 25th]

Search This thread

modpunk

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
This is a project trying to get CyanogenMod 9 working on the HTC Wildfire S.

If you are a developer and you're working on a device with msm7x27 hardware, contact me, we have a dev only IRC channel to work together.

People who helped during development, with their input, knowledge and patches:

alquez (CM7 port and kernel fixes)
Droste (Input, help and patches)
PabloPL (Thanks for the input)
WinSuk We worked together on fixes for Marvel and Liberty

There will be an official marvel (unofficial CM9) release next week (week 18). I need to prepare for that.

TODO:
* Get camera fully working.

The HTC Aria (Liberty) uses the my kernel tree now. Thanks WinSuk for the trust :)

NOTE: Don't send me private messages asking for a HOWTO. Everything is documented in the CyanogenMod Wiki. You can't help if you're not able to set it up on your own.

SOURCES: http://git.cryptomilk.org/

Last edited:

modpunk

Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
ChangeLog

ALHPA0

2012-04-25
* KERNEL:
- Fix ICS/HTC ril problems
* ROM:
- Fix USB Mass Storage
- Fix memory leaks and pmem problems with camera (Thanks Droste)

2012-04-24
* KERNEL:
* ROM:
- Fixed camera preview
- Fixed GPS
- Fixed YouTube
- A lot of cleanups

2012-04-22
* KERNEL:
- Fixed usb_function_switch
- Added more cpufreq governors
- Set interactive governor as default
* ROM:
- Added initial camera support (not fully done)
- Fixed RIL (Radio Interface Layer)

2012-04-20
* KERNEL:
- Added support for liberty
- Added support for marvelc and marvelct

Last edited:
H

Henry_01

Good work.
Think I cant help much, I can only cook roms using dsixda kitchen.

I will make a MIUI theme for CM9, I like themes.

mxvc200

Oct 25, 2011
It boots and I can access logcat. At least this is the first success. However it is waiting for SurfaceFlinger. I think I need to start it. That's the next thing to find out how to do it.

If you want a tester i am there for you 24/7 at your service and if you want you can teach me in this stuff as well... good going though keep up the good work and port cm9 fast on our devices

modpunk

Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
I'm currently stuck with surfaceflinger, but I think it is a kernel problem. We can't access /dev/kgsl

Code:
[pid   220] 13:08:58 open("/dev/kgsl", O_RDWR|O_SYNC|O_LARGEFILE) = 12
[pid   220] 13:08:58 ioctl(12, 0xc00c0902, 0x100ffc6c) = 0
[pid   220] 13:08:58 ioctl(12, 0xc00c0902, 0x100ffc74) = 0
[pid   220] 13:08:58 mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 12, 0x2d822) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)

mxvc200

Oct 25, 2011
I'm currently stuck with surfaceflinger, but I think it is a kernel problem. We can't access /dev/kgsl

Code:
[pid   220] 13:08:58 open("/dev/kgsl", O_RDWR|O_SYNC|O_LARGEFILE) = 12
[pid   220] 13:08:58 ioctl(12, 0xc00c0902, 0x100ffc6c) = 0
[pid   220] 13:08:58 ioctl(12, 0xc00c0902, 0x100ffc74) = 0
[pid   220] 13:08:58 mmap2(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED, 12, 0x2d822) = -1 ENODEV (No such device)

How can i help??

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Hello,

the last days I've chatted with alquez. He told me how to build cm7 and we discussed how to proceed with a kernel for marvel, marvelc and marvelct. We decided to work together on a new kernel. During this week I've started to look how cm9 is built and started to work on it. 10 min ago my first cm9 finally build trough.

I've submitted all my patches upstream or to my git repo. I still wonder how to fix webrtc so that it works for all people out there. It tells you it doesn't support several assembler functions but they are available on arm6. So you need to trick it to think your building for armv7.

I still don't have a kernel for it with atmel fix. That's the next step, then rebuilt it and give it a try. I will let you know as soon as I could boot it.

If you're a developer working on a QCOM device let me know. We need an upstream fix for webrtc and a kernel with patches which are accepted upstream (=cyanogenmod).

I'm tired and have to sleep now...

Awesome

Last edited:
Reactions: morozzkin

modpunk

Oct 14, 2011
Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact
Samsung Galaxy S10
Some posts above I wrote that the problem is SurfaceFlinger not starting. The reason is it can't open KGSL device. The only thing you can do is to tell me what's the problem. I have to dig into the code check check what it doing on the device and then try to figure out what's missing from the kernel side.

If you know don't know how Linux on the system level works, understand C/C++ and know how to debug these things there is nothing you can do.

If you know these things I can send you the rom or the instructions how to build it.

Sorry if I'm rude.

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
It boots, you can access the shell, follow logcat, then it reboots ...

The problem is the time is short to get on the device and figure out what's going on. I need to attach strace to some daemons to see what they are doing. Maybe tomorrow...

No problem I hope to get my faster laptop this week so I can sync the cm9 repo etc and hopefully get something booted ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Reactions: VitanyLTD

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Yeah getting a faster laptop tomorrow so ill not be online as mush tomorrow while I get the ics repo synchronized and download the cm7 kernel source to see what happens after the first complied version ;)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a project trying to get CyanogenMod 9 working on the HTC Wildfire S.

If you are a developer and you're working on a device with msm7x27 hardware, contact me, we have a dev only IRC channel to work together.

People who helped during development, with their input, knowledge and patches:

alquez (CM7 port and kernel fixes)
    Droste (Input, help and patches)
    PabloPL (Thanks for the input)
    WinSuk We worked together on fixes for Marvel and Liberty

There will be an official marvel (unofficial CM9) release next week (week 18). I need to prepare for that.

TODO:
    * Get camera fully working.

The HTC Aria (Liberty) uses the my kernel tree now. Thanks WinSuk for the trust :)

NOTE: Don't send me private messages asking for a HOWTO. Everything is documented in the CyanogenMod Wiki. You can't help if you're not able to set it up on your own.

SOURCES: http://git.cryptomilk.org/
    I've just fixed USB Mass Storage (thanks WinSuk for the hints).

I will do more testing here, polish the build and will release an ALPHA0 next week. I need to prepare uploads and bug reporting and add already known bugs.

This means you will get a real ROM from me.
    ChangeLog

ALHPA0

2012-04-25
    * KERNEL:
    - Fix ICS/HTC ril problems
    * ROM:
    - Fix USB Mass Storage
    - Fix memory leaks and pmem problems with camera (Thanks Droste)

2012-04-24
    * KERNEL:
    * ROM:
    - Fixed camera preview
    - Fixed GPS
    - Fixed YouTube
    - A lot of cleanups

2012-04-22
    * KERNEL:
    - Fixed usb_function_switch
    - Added more cpufreq governors
    - Set interactive governor as default
    * ROM:
    - Added initial camera support (not fully done)
    - Fixed RIL (Radio Interface Layer)

2012-04-20
    * KERNEL:
    - Added support for liberty
    - Added support for marvelc and marvelct
    I've just fixed GPS!!!

I will do some more testing and try with Droste to improve Camera support. After that I will release a ROM and allow bug reporting.
    I can take pictures with the camera, but the camera preview doesn't work right now.