[APP][REMIX OS 2.0][Q/A ALSO] iNSTALL GOOGLE PLAY SERVICES ON REMIX OS 2.0 ALPHA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TheRoyalSeeker

Apr 17, 2015
Hey guys the all new Remix OS 2.0 has released but with no google play services....
So here is a method resolve the problem....

Start Remix OS 2.0
1. Download GMSInstaller.apk from Mod edit: links removed (pay-per-click links are not allowed).
2. Install APK file and run it.
3.Click on "One-click to install Google Services" (this will automatically download google play services).
4.Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All
5.Select "Clear Data" for Google Play Services and Google Service Framework
6. Reboot OS.
7.Goto browser and search Google Play Services. click the link to the store. and click update

Download GMSInstaller.apk From Here: link removed

Download Remix os:link removed

Disclaimer: I will not be responsible if you screw up with your device.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRoyalSeeker

Apr 17, 2015
Some ways and fixes by our great members... Try these maybe one of these work for you... Cheers.. Happy Remixing...:good::good:
Regards: theroyalseeker

Just fixed my installation...

1. I made sure my clock was set correctly (maybe not relevant, but still, I've done it).
2. Installed the GPS from ApkMirror.
3. I cleared Framework, GPS and Play Store cache/data.
4. I rebooted my system.
Worked!

I had the same error after following the instructions. On another forum there was a suggestion to download 1Mobile Market APK by searching it on google. THis worked for me. After downloading google play services the Google play store was able to download apps. I did need to update Google Play services through the play store but after that my Play store app is working like any other android device. Be careful though there are some virus type apps on the 1Mobile Market app.

Recap:
Error when downloading apps through play store.
Download APK for 1Mobile Market
Download Google Play Services from 1Moblie Market
Update Google Play Services through Play store app
Enjoy downloading any app you want on your device

---------------------------------
Posted from my USB 3.0 Remix OS 2.0 / Running on whatever PC i get my hands on! :cool:

For everyone having the server error on google play store, here is what you have to do:

1) Force Stop the following apps:
a)Play Store
b)Play Services
c)Downloads
d)Service Framework

2) Clear the data and cache of the following apps:
a)Play Store
b)Play Services
c)Downloads
d)Service Framework

3) DO NOT OPEN THE PLAY STORE. REBOOT FIRST.

If you do the following steps and follow it to the letter, you can start using google play store without any problems. Also, make sure to have the time and date retrieved from the net option selected.

Hope this helps.

Regards

TheBasterd

Quick tip for better performance, deactivate sync for all the Google account services you don't use or need. I drastically improved performance on my Remix OS installation by deactiving photo sync, my photo collection is huge! When I stoped it, the USB stick stopped constantly flashing.

Last edited:

KubixRevan

Aug 1, 2010
Szczecin
www.tabletowo.pl
For me it is not working for now, but will try it again later. I can install it and everything but then when I choose to install any app the error occurs.

The OS alone is working even on OS X ;)

cathlynn

Jan 14, 2016
I followed the instructions and it worked great however, after I reboot and went back in, Play Store would not login/load. It keep telling me that there's an error retrieving information from server. It is connected to WiFi fine. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps: Clear Cache (and Data) for Google Play Store, Play Services, Play Service Framework and I've even tried to Uninstall Updates for Google Play Store but still has the same problem after several reboots.

Reactions: carlosenr_cr

TheRoyalSeeker

Apr 17, 2015
I followed the instructions and it worked great however, after I reboot and went back in, Play Store would not login/load. It keep telling me that there's an error retrieving information from server. It is connected to WiFi fine. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps: Clear Cache (and Data) for Google Play Store, Play Services, Play Service Framework and I've even tried to Uninstall Updates for Google Play Store but still has the same problem after several reboots.
Was it working before reboot..

CronosTech

Oct 2, 2012
Delhi
How to Install Google Play Services/ Play Store On RemixOS ( One Click Easy Method )

<Mod Edit - Don't Quote Large posts. Thank you.>
Hey ,
Nice Informative Post you Have Put Together. I saw this Post and Thought of Making a Video to Support it as people were facing difficulty in installing the Play Services in RemixOS 2.0 .

I hope this Video will Help all my fellows here :) Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APmdR4J0gng

P.S. Sorry For Tagging OP. But i only mean Support.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRoyalSeeker

Apr 17, 2015
Last edited:

FruitBowlMafia

Aug 26, 2011
Hello all,

I hate to ask for help but I need to ask in this situation.

Could someone with Play Store working see if Star Wars Commander is available from the Play Store?

Some apps are incompatible with certain devices & I need to know if Star Wars Commander works with Remix OS 2.0

Reasoning: Im going to buy an all in one PC with touchscreen to run Remix. However, I don't have anything to try it on before I buy the PC, & want to ensure Star Wars Commander works before I spend my $.

Thank you in advance someone!

arielpa

Mar 28, 2014
Haifa
Play Store not working

Every time I download something from the Google Play Store I get this error: "Error retrieveing information from server. [RPC:S-7:AEC-7 N04A-HSLM-MAMQC]".
Every time there's a new error code.
Please help me.

Last edited:
Reactions: dani020110

djudenne

May 15, 2009
Champs Sur Marne
I got same issue and follow process and work but I think I have to make a small difference.
After install the Google Service, I delete the data for both application then reboot without start Google Play.
Then I start Google Play and got the problem. I reboot again and it's work for me.

Reactions: shone1970
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys the all new Remix OS 2.0 has released but with no google play services....
    So here is a method resolve the problem....

Start Remix OS 2.0
    1. Download GMSInstaller.apk from Mod edit: links removed (pay-per-click links are not allowed).
    2. Install APK file and run it.
    3.Click on "One-click to install Google Services" (this will automatically download google play services).
    4.Go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All
    5.Select "Clear Data" for Google Play Services and Google Service Framework
    6. Reboot OS.
    7.Goto browser and search Google Play Services. click the link to the store. and click update

Download GMSInstaller.apk From Here: link removed

Download Remix os:link removed

Disclaimer: I will not be responsible if you screw up with your device.
    Some ways and fixes by our great members... Try these maybe one of these work for you... Cheers.. Happy Remixing...:good::good:
    Regards: theroyalseeker

Just fixed my installation...

1. I made sure my clock was set correctly (maybe not relevant, but still, I've done it).
    2. Installed the GPS from ApkMirror.
    3. I cleared Framework, GPS and Play Store cache/data.
    4. I rebooted my system.
    Worked!

I had the same error after following the instructions. On another forum there was a suggestion to download 1Mobile Market APK by searching it on google. THis worked for me. After downloading google play services the Google play store was able to download apps. I did need to update Google Play services through the play store but after that my Play store app is working like any other android device. Be careful though there are some virus type apps on the 1Mobile Market app.

Recap:
    Error when downloading apps through play store.
    Download APK for 1Mobile Market
    Download Google Play Services from 1Moblie Market
    Update Google Play Services through Play store app
    Enjoy downloading any app you want on your device

---------------------------------
    Posted from my USB 3.0 Remix OS 2.0 / Running on whatever PC i get my hands on! :cool:

For everyone having the server error on google play store, here is what you have to do:

1) Force Stop the following apps:
    a)Play Store
    b)Play Services
    c)Downloads
    d)Service Framework

2) Clear the data and cache of the following apps:
    a)Play Store
    b)Play Services
    c)Downloads
    d)Service Framework

3) DO NOT OPEN THE PLAY STORE. REBOOT FIRST.

If you do the following steps and follow it to the letter, you can start using google play store without any problems. Also, make sure to have the time and date retrieved from the net option selected.

Hope this helps.

Regards

TheBasterd

Quick tip for better performance, deactivate sync for all the Google account services you don't use or need. I drastically improved performance on my Remix OS installation by deactiving photo sync, my photo collection is huge! When I stoped it, the USB stick stopped constantly flashing.
    Thanks to all guys for your support... Still the no. 1 viewed thread in remix os for PC.
    A little request, don't just say thanks press thanks...
    i follow all the steps but have error 963 when i would like update google play services or install others apps

Meanwhile there is a better documentation - see http://xdaforums.com/remix/remix-os/how-to-install-remix-os-virtualbox-to-t3301160.
    You should install the second apk file mentioned there, clear the storage of applications "Google Play Services" and "Google Services Framework", and reboot. In the next step open the browser, search for "Google Play Services" and click "Installation". If you did not do that already, an update should be possible. If the update works fine the problem should be solved.
    If not, please start from the beginning using the documentation linked above.
    How to Install Google Play Services/ Play Store On RemixOS ( One Click Easy Method )

<Mod Edit - Don't Quote Large posts. Thank you.>
    Hey ,
    Nice Informative Post you Have Put Together. I saw this Post and Thought of Making a Video to Support it as people were facing difficulty in installing the Play Services in RemixOS 2.0 .

I hope this Video will Help all my fellows here :) Peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APmdR4J0gng

P.S. Sorry For Tagging OP. But i only mean Support.