[ROM][PORT] MIUI v4 for I777 [2.7.6] [4.0.3] - NFC Support

Search This thread

ronii1123

Jun 30, 2010
Massachusetts and stuff
So did we determine the aokp based adyscorpius miui V4 won't work on our phones? I wasn't clear on the previous discussion about it.

I'd like to compare how it applies themes, but only if it works lol. The GB adyscorpius worked really well, I had high hopes for the V4 build.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yes it works, I got it up and running and it runs great. I switched the boot.img with the cm9 boot.img, and switched the sec_touch key.kl with the cm9 sec_Touch key.kl, but honestly now that Ktoonsez got this working, its not necessary unless you really don't like Samsung haha.

Also, Ktoonsez, I actually went a night with out the force closes thanks to fix4. Your rock! I never lost faith in you

Last edited:

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
Yes it works, I got it up and running and it runs great. I switched the boot.img with the cm9 boot.img, and switched the sec_touch key.kl with the cm9 sec_Touch key.kl, but honestly now that Ktoonsez got this working, its not necessary unless you really don't like Samsung haha.

Also, Ktoonsez, I actually went a night with out the force closes thanks to fix4. Your rock! I never lost faith in you

Like I said earlier (in the post you quoted), I'd like to learn from it and make some comparisons to this version of miui.

Also, the automatically alphabetized folders will be missed greatly :(

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

dan_maran

May 9, 2011
New York
likuidkewl.blogspot.com
Is anyone able to setup adhoc wifi with this miui? I keep getting wpa_supplicant errors and then the AP never actually comes online I've tried barnacle and the the built in wifi adhic hot spot. Note this is NOT tethering.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
No, it would be the same unless he is using GB framework. He simply stated that he made the directory that allows you to apply themes, not that they 100% work.

Ah, it sounded like they had more luck with theirs.

Either way, my phone is freezing up a lot. The market works now that I updated it manually, but a lot of other apps are giving me issues. The USAA mobile banking app, Pandora, Soundhound, Cut the Rope experiments, NASIOC, and some others.

Are you guys having trouble with these? How are you getting them to work?

I usually have to pull my battery and reboot.

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
Ah, it sounded like they had more luck with theirs.

Either way, my phone is freezing up a lot. The market works now that I updated it manually, but a lot of other apps are giving me issues. The USAA mobile banking app, Pandora, Soundhound, Cut the Rope experiments, NASIOC, and some others.

Are you guys having trouble with these? How are you getting them to work?

I usually have to pull my battery and reboot.

My guess is that these are all apps that have not had any or little testing on ICS. And if they did, it would just be on Nexus's ICS and not AOSP, modded Sammy (like this one). You might have to wait for them to catch up. But hopefully someone has got a work aroound for you. I too have ahd a few issues with apps like Terminal emulator and a few others and just knew that if was becuase it has not been tested on ICS and will have to wait. You didn't restore with Titanium did you?

skatin707

Jun 23, 2011
Honolulu, HI
My guess is that these are all apps that have not had any or little testing on ICS. And if they did, it would just be on Nexus's ICS and not AOSP, modded Sammy (like this one). You might have to wait for them to catch up. But hopefully someone has got a work aroound for you. I too have ahd a few issues with apps like Terminal emulator and a few others and just knew that if was becuase it has not been tested on ICS and will have to wait. You didn't restore with Titanium did you?

No, I'm slowly remember what I had downloaded and I'm getting it back from the market. The backups I have on TiBu are from CM9 though, so I imagine some conflicts would arise.

That makes sense though. I keep forgetting how big of a change 4.0 really is. I have only been around since 2.2/2.3 so I'm pretty new.

ktoonsez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Tempe
No, I'm slowly remember what I had downloaded and I'm getting it back from the market. The backups I have on TiBu are from CM9 though, so I imagine some conflicts would arise.

That makes sense though. I keep forgetting how big of a change 4.0 really is. I have only been around since 2.2/2.3 so I'm pretty new.

Ya, I know how it goes, I have a few programs that I use for racing and they are not functioning right due to the changes in 4.0. We all just have to be patient and wait for the the 3rd party app guys to catch up:D. Even the simple program like GPS Status doesn't work properly, if anyone uses it, you will see it blank out the sat info and then come right back, and even restart the lock sequence too here and there.

Last edited:

dan_maran

May 9, 2011
New York
likuidkewl.blogspot.com
Is anyone else not able to download applications that are "too large" through the google market/Play? I have a feeling it is a Play update issue. I can't find any settings in the Play application to rid this issue and I did check the downloads app in Miui ensuring Wifi only was off there also. the error is (196) which doesn't come up in a Google search.

Top Liked Posts