[ROM][06-02-13][Flinny] Andromadus - CM10[133]

Search This thread

Palingenesis

Dec 8, 2010
My only annoyances are the delay when waking the device up.

And the camera issues which everyone seems to be annoyed with. Haha. Other than those, awesome job! Thanks for the rom.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

sajdaman

Dec 19, 2007
hi all..just wanna say well done for a brilliant rom.. i hardly post but i just wanted to let u guys know that ive been using the rom and so far most things work...the power button seems to be redundant when trying to wake phone up.. i find it easier tohold down the trackpad to wake phone

am i right in saying the camera does not work..just some guy above says it does but had probss with his images...

apps wise they all work except viber.

the videos when played goes fuzzy in lanscape mode...sometimes its ok in portrait mode.

random freezes now and then...

ive had one random restart whilst using the phone..

no probs with msging internet or calls.

battery consumption seems to be good.

few text glitches and when i get notifications on top i get a slight blur when the notification rolls up...

sorgo

Jun 18, 2010
gps worked for me from the get go.
No problem with GPS either. Works fine, any app using it was OK.
camera:
panorama mode gives some kind of green light and funny gibberish while working, but result is fine.
Video works fine.
I can confirm setting the "other" 5Mpx solves the green line at the photos.
I did not have so much luck with video. Video recording doesn't work at all. Even playing videos gives me always that it cannot be played at my device (tried mvideoplayer with some video files mkv, mpg on my sdcard).
I had one more problem with camera - no flash. Making it only literaly a "daily" camera :)

The unlocking with "lag" is pretty cool to prevent unintentional unlock in pocket. I don't know if it's a bug or feature, but I like holding the trackpad for longer.

Another thing I discovered is the hw keyboard layout. The settings menu allows you to set up different layouts, but they don't work as expected (no interpunction and no numbers). The only way to use the keyboard is to leave it in "default" layout.

One more minor thing: I was not able to find launcher settings. I suppose you're just focusing on other issues now, so it's only a question of time.

Battery: for about 8 idle hours not charging with wifi on took about 20% of battery. For heavy usage it makes no sense to speak about battery, as I cannot stop playing around with JB now :)

Tested build 27 with gapps-jb-20120717-signed.zip on DZ with baseband 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M.

Puffballofdoom

Apr 29, 2011
I got a problem with the 27 build. I'm currently roaming in Scotland, and this seems to cause quite a few problems. I often get a completely black screen for 10 to 15 seconds, whereafter I get a flash of the lockscreen stating no SIM is inserted, and then a pop up saying I need to restart my phone. If I do, the same thing happens over and over again. If I just pull the battery and boot it up again. I'm fine for 15 minutes or so, then it just goes funky again.

Next to that, if it works: I'm roaming, and in my settings it says it shouldn't connect to data services while roaming. This is fine for 3G/H, but it also seems to cut off my WiFi connection. This is not desired behaviour as far as I know, but I could be wrong :)

Ofcourse this was after a full wipe in CWM :)

Let me know if you want the logcat or something.

sorgo

Jun 18, 2010
I got a problem with the 27 build. I'm currently roaming in Scotland, and this seems to cause quite a few problems. ... This is fine for 3G/H, but it also seems to cut off my WiFi connection. This is not desired behaviour as far as I know, but I could be wrong :)

Thanks very much for testing it in roaming environment. As I'm gonna roam across Europe for next weeks, I don't want to risk a high bill because of roaming data (or no connection at all).

Mik3yZ

Nov 15, 2008
I am going to roam too next week, will let everyone know my findings with build 27 (or a newer when available).

heathenasparagus

Aug 4, 2011
Build 27

Viber crashes on startup
Camera button sometimes unresponsive
Video doesn't work anymore (worked once yesterday and now the gallery app crashes all the time)

going back to ics

petronijus

Jan 22, 2006
thx for new build, .
I have a issue with capacitive buttons being unresponsive - mainly menu button reacts badly, even though device has idle cpu.
Also lockscreen custom actions dont work, they are saved in settings, but not show on lockscreen.
Thanks again for great work, no reboots so far or graphical glitches - except taskbar animation glitch

alexinc

Feb 4, 2008
HTC Vision: G2
LG G5
just a quick feedback, besides big thx: camera is getting kicked out of memory after seconds and gps is lost after minutes (like in ics-builds without 26.13.04.19 Radio lib-ril/gps .so updater)... yes, did full wipe incl. efs! ;)

J-Hop2o6

Aug 24, 2009
Seattle, WA
Build 31
Some more graphics updates, some tweaks for speed.
CM themes are back
Video playback in landscape etc should be fixed now.
Media Scanner fixes from ICS applied to JB media scanner (hopefully gallery etc will stop losing media files again)
Did I say it was faster?
Some kernel tweaks by Fyodor.

Nick,

Nice! Been running 27 since last night and its been great so far. Close to DD status. Can't wait to try out 31 and see some speed improvements and landscape video fixes. Haven't had a problem with the Gallery yet, nor Media Scanner (played music in my car via Bluetooth. Sounds great and doesn't cut/pause sound every 30 seconds). Google Search/Voice/Now has been great so far also. And what is this Gfx update you're talking about? And can you make the boot animation smoother from the beginning of it, like Mimicry?

But anyways, great work Andromadus + CM team!

Update: So far so good for 31. But why flashing this removes Apex Launcher (system) and Play Music (for Apollo, which sucks compared to Play Music). And I still have the waterfall text effect for New Notifications.

Last edited:

.ili.music.ili.

Jun 6, 2009
Build 31 one is pretty nice. Youtube playback in landscape works but it got stuck 1 minute into the video, and then some graphically issues appeared every on my homescreen. The video was also stuttering at some points.

rich0

Jan 19, 2009
Build Instructions?

Are there build instructions for this posted anywhere? I know there are a ton of repositories on github, but I've yet to find one that can simply be cloned with repo and brunch/lunched following the AOSP instructions (I tried various targets).

No need to polish them, just an outline would be great. If I can get it working I might even help you with a polished one.

I just like to know that I can build what I run, even if I use pre-compiled versions. That was something I really liked about CM.

adamz667

Jan 15, 2011
Warsaw
Are there build instructions for this posted anywhere? I know there are a ton of repositories on github, but I've yet to find one that can simply be cloned with repo and brunch/lunched following the AOSP instructions (I tried various targets).

No need to polish them, just an outline would be great. If I can get it working I might even help you with a polished one.

I just like to know that I can build what I run, even if I use pre-compiled versions. That was something I really liked about CM.

Clue:
https://github.com/Andromadus/android

You can see all build targets after entering "lunch" command.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Andromadus - Test Builds

To start with here you will find test versions of ROMs built by me from the Andromadus github repo http://github.com/Andromadus, think of them along the same concept as nightly builds just not every night These are development ROM's, if you want to run bleeding edge development ROM's and at least know how to use adb and logcat then you might find something of interest here. If you require something that works 100% of the time all of the time then this might not be for you. That said you can always give it a try and if it doesn't work restore your previous nandroid backup!

What IS Andromadus?
    Initially it was a group of people who got together to make ICS work on the HTC Desire Z because nobody else seemed to want to support devices with physical hardware keyboards/trackpads. Whilst the idea stays the same It has grown slightly to support some other hardware and some of the work we have done is now used in many other devices. Andromadus builds of CM10 or CM10.1 are basically CM sources with a few additional tweaks or additions to support our phones.

1. New versions will be added as and when I feel there are enough changes to warrant one, don’t ask when the next version is coming.

2. If we decide to release a "Stable" version of these roms they will be published in another Andromadus thread.
    Direct all your queries with release versions to that thread and in the same vain do not discuss these releases anywhere but here.

3. I will do as best I can to answer questions but if you don't get an answer from me I'm sure somebody else will be along to help. Help each other and I have more time to spend fixing things!

4. Don't ask for what's changed since the previous version, have a look at the recent submits on the Andromadus github if you want to know or wait for the mini changelogs when I post a new release.

5. If there is something in particular to test it'll be mentioned!

6. As always if you didn't wipe between installations then at least verify that the problem exists on a clean install before posting here. Nandroid/superwipe/install/check at the end of the day you can always restore your nandroid if the problem is reproducible on a clean installation. If you can't be bothered to try this then I really can't be bothered to try to help you :>

7. All that said ensure you make a nandroid/backup before hand. I take no responsibility for what you do to your phone with these ROM.

8. Whilst I can't stop you I would rather these builds were not used as a base for any ROM/MOD/ETC. The source is all available if you want to do your own builds with which you can do whatever you like.

9. Tell us what works/what's worse/what's better but don't ***** when something breaks or isn't fixed yet, report it and move on.

10. Sometimes people forget that we do this for fun, for ourselves, and sometimes your super important issue is way down on our personal list of things to be fixed.

If you ignore any of the above you will in turn be ignored.

Now that's all out of the way as always have fun

As usual you need to flash the ROM then GAPPS.

Current Changelog below

Checkout http://andromadus.flinny.org for links/files/previous changelogs

This a team/community effort, I'll not list everyone who has helped along the way here that list is in the beta thread but I will say thanks to all of them again and obviously anyone that has been missed.
    Build 113

Kernel patched to 3.0.46
    BFQ v5 I/O sheduler added
    Lots of CM display patches
    Synced with CM
    Circular battery icon with/without a % is now an option
    Lots of Display patches. Overlay is automatically turned off for video now so no need to turn HW overlay off manually anymore.
    Fixes video playback and panoramic preview by default until we get some new props from qcom with them fixed properly I expect.
    Once this audio bug is sorted I think I'm almost happy to release a beta :)

As for the touchscreen...

touch.pressure.calibration = amplitude
    touch.pressure.scale = 0.01
    is what the .idc for the touchpad currently.. it's possible chaning it to 0.001 makes it more responsive... Will give it a try myself
    Yes I know 4.2 is out... currently trying to compile it. I would like to get a beta out at 4.1.x level but we shall see how big the merge process is. I expect I will be releasing both 4.1 and 4.2 builds for a while whilst the dust settles at least.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2
    Latest version changelog.

CM10 build 133

There was an issue with the backup tool in the last build that will break gapps and your account's etc when flashing this build, the solution is to re-flash gapps at the same time as the rom and you should be fine. This build should fix it so that the next build will work as it should :)

Changes.

Synced with CM - Again not many changes upstream.
    Basically everything relevant to our phones up to the 4th of February in the following has been merged
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/q/status:merged+branch:jellybean,n,z

Kernel updated to Andromadus Current - 3.0.62